The iPhone 5 versus the .50 Cal

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 28, 2012.

1. mameira

mameira Guest

GPU:
    eVGA 470 GTX
    I was going to get an iphone 5, but since it can't take a .50 cal i'll wait for the 5s.

2. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    I had some fun shooting the Barret in the army, nothing like a Raufoss Mk 211 round blowing up trees and rocks to start one's morning; thing has very little recoil though considering, just loud as hell.

Anyways, it's not that the iPhone 5 was tough, it's just that the round went through before it can actually dump any significant amount of energy into it.

3. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    He probably forgot to aim below it at that range considering the round (if I remember correctly) already went above his center point of aim.

In any case, the Barrett isn't very accurate to begin with.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2012
  4. Akhkaru

Akhkaru Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 770 4GB WF
    I enjoy seeing Apple products being destroyed. I used to like Apple's mobile devices until I found out they started suing every other mobile company. I truly hope Google can get them by the balls and squeeze as hard as they can.

5. Finchwizard

Finchwizard Don Apple

GPU:
    -
    Are you aware that Google have sued the US government back in 2010?
    Yep. Acted like a bunch of little cry babies.

Google have all this tracking data coming in on every person and every device. Ever think at what point they plan to do something with it? And seeing as it's a US based company, we've seen enough things where the US thinks they're the center of the world.

People like to say how evil Apple are yet you should dig a little deeper into all the other companies and who they are suing constantly.

They all believe they are protecting their company.

6. mameira

mameira Guest

GPU:
    eVGA 470 GTX
    I don't know why you keep defending apple in every thread, you can't really change someone's opinion.

Apple is just the target ATM, and with the idiotic lawsuits they make, you can't really defend them

7. Finchwizard

Finchwizard Don Apple

GPU:
    -
    It's not so much defending Apple. It's trying to open peoples eyes to not believe everything that is spoon fed to them by the media.

And to jump on wagon with everyone else. If there's one thing worse than extreme fanboys. It's the people on the other side throwing stones in glass houses.

You're just as bad as everyone else if you can't see other companies that do the exact same thing.

8. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Was wondering how long it would take before this thread turned into a "I hate apple they suck what a waste of a .50cal bullet" only about 15 posts you guy's just don't disappoint.:puke2::bang:

9. Akhkaru

Akhkaru Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 770 4GB WF
    Personally, I couldn't care less about Google's lawsuit against the government. The US government isn't really that great in the first place nor do they follow their own rules, so it's kind of pointless to me to bring that up as an argument.

Apple acts like crybabies a LOT more than Google ever has, though. Suing companies for having rectangular devices with rounded corners isn't frivolous? Get your head out of your ass. Yes, there are a LOT of companies who act like everything ever made was their idea, but Apple is taking it way too far. I didn't defend Google in my post, anyway. All I said was I hope Google gets Apple by the balls and squeezes. Apple deserves to lose.

10. Finchwizard

Finchwizard Don Apple

GPU:
    -
    Get my head out my ass? Piss off.

Apple sued Samsung for that Tablet because it was a down right bloody copy flat out.

For that particular tablet I 100% on them suing Samsung over it. Now every other tablet hasn't managed to looked like the iPad, but theirs did.

Their connectors look like Apples, their box, their photos, their design you name it. It was a flat out clone.

And if you can't see that your head is so far up your ass you'll need to have it surgically removed.

It's alright for Google to go around suing everyone. But f@#$ Apple period.

11. mameira

mameira Guest

GPU:
    eVGA 470 GTX
    True, even worse than Apple.

But like I said, Apple is the target ATM, and they aren't helping their status with their lawsuits

12. Mikedogg

Mikedogg Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD 4650M 1GB
    If that was Chuck Norrises iPhone the bullet would have stopped in midair. :p

13. vavyn

vavyn Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 390 Nitro
    LOL. Or the nokia 3310

14. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    Was ok but would have been better if hot lesbo's were shooting the 50.

15. putty

putty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF 4090
    Its just a a simple "Good artists copy, great artists steal" situation, or at least when you do it better.

That said, I do not care about the lawsuits from big company to big company, they all steal/copy from each other and who are we to tell us they are wrong?

The only lawsuits from Apple that I did not really like were to "logo/brand" lawsuits against little coffeeshops in germany or australia, that just felt a little weak from Apple.

But as many others(While not on this forum apparently:p) I am a real sucker for Apple products and have many(also ordered the Iphone 5), for me there is no real competition thus far. No reason to bash me on this, no "Android is way better fool".

The company that really worries me is Google though! They are positioned exactly right to be able to control everything.

16. Speed Weed

Speed Weed Guest

GPU:
    GTX 260+
    That's true, cowie, much much better. :)

17. Akhkaru

Akhkaru Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 770 4GB WF
    I said nothing about the Galaxy Tab that they sued Samsung for, so what does that have to do with anything? Google isn't suing everyone, at least not to the effect that Apple is. Apple has sued Motorola, HTC, Samsung, LG, etc. for non-essential patent infringements while Apple infringes on essential patents that are owned by Samsung. Apple owes Samsung a lot of money in royalties, but you choose to ignore that fact.

Putting words in someone's mouth and attacking them for it makes you look like a simple-minded fool.

18. JohnMaclane

JohnMaclane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    8800GTS 640mb
    Totally related right? Ones a complaint on a federal tender (anyone question government tendering abilities?) request for web based applications.

The other is a company which filled a series bs patents to create legal clubs with which to knock the competition. Shiiiiiiiiiit they didnt even offer royalty payment mechanisms but went for outright bans, thats stuff rambus used to do and they had real IP.

19. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    /thread:nerd:

20. INSTG8R

INSTG8R Guest

GPU:
    Nitro+ 5700XT
    I am more interested in seeing the "bulletproof" case he mentioned and how it stands up. ANY phone at that close range is gonna end up like that.