AMD Catalyst 12.9 (9.001 September 13) AMD Official BETA

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Sep 26, 2012.

Tags:
  1. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    Have you tried removing ALL AMD/ATI drivers and CAPS then running a driver cleaner?

Sometimes left over files from previous versions when there is a big change in the driver, CAN create unwanted issues.

2. FireFreak111

FireFreak111 Guest

GPU:
    Gainward GTX 660 2GB
    It happened on Windows 7 as well with the June (initial 9.00) driver, and I did the whole atiman (did driver sweeper too), safe mode, etc etc thing back then, didn't help 1 bit. Same thing happened. Starting to thing the video bios is the issue or from now on AMD hates me.

3. Shaneus

Shaneus Master Guru

GPU:
    5970/5850 TFX 899/1150
    So, that main page mentions improved performance for certain games with tir/quad-crossfire modes. Does anyone know if that's a profile-based thing or a genuine improvement in driver behaviour?

Obviously I'll test and let everyone know, but I'll be surprised if they're better than the 8.96 Feb 14 drivers. They've been hard to top.

4. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Yeah 5fps more is considered a lot to some as it could mean the difference between playable and unplayable for some with lower end cards. But if your already pulling in playable frame rates then having a few more your not really going to notice it much are you. Well at least not for me anyways as I generally cap my fps in BF3 to 45 as this is the lowest fps I had for a while before this set and Im so used to playing with it now its hard to change even if its higher lol :p

5. blacblu

blacblu Guest

These are in fact a little bit better for Battlefield 3, also, checked on Borderlands 2 and it looked like pretty much the same.

6. ipredator

ipredator Guest

GPU:
    Quadro K5000M
    So overall would anyone suggest this official Beta over the unofficial one? Also in terms of CCC buggyness? ;)

7. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    I suggest it for HD 7 series owners, I can't speak for HD 6 series. Give it a go. It has newer drivers.

8. Dystopiq

Dystopiq Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 6990m
    Anyone install it on a 6990m? Every time I install a new AMD driver there's always that missing DLL file and my clocks stay at idle.

9. METAVISOR

METAVISOR Member

GPU:
    R7850 MSI Twin Frozer /oc
    Hi @ll.
    " While past sets worked, they had bugs. This set is flawless for me as well. This GCN driver is definitely the proper driver we have been waiting for.

Reading through many forums Nvidia/AMD/ATI alike, it's pretty apparent that both companies released their cards wayyyy before their drivers were ready for them.

Nvidia is having driving issues, as well as AMD on their new cards.
    "
    i totally agree with this,sometimes we sell our vcard without use their optimal potential,with the AMD/Nvidia marketing wars Gpus are released with no optimized drivers...:pc1:

Used this set of drivers and they are really good,IQ is so good in my case that i can assure IS not placebo.
    performance feels better but have no benchs yet.
    *no ccc problems here.
    thanks asder00 :thumbup: for give us this set.

10. moheban79

moheban79 Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6970 - 2GB Trifire
    Skyrim play better than 12.8s?

Anyone notice if Skyrim performance is improved than the 12.8's?

Thanks.

11. V1tol

V1tol Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming X
    [​IMG]

Nice. :3eyes: :bang:
    Anybody but me noticed that?

12. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    Yeah I think someone messed up...

13. suvi

suvi New Member

GPU:
    4890 crossfire
    Same problem, could you be a bit more specific?

14. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    Finally a driver package that does not create an error log entry upon bootup.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2012
  15. Endymion FRS

Endymion FRS Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD7950 WF3
    Ugh, can't overclock my HD6950 with these drivers. Any OC causes screen flickering that won't go away until reboot.

Edit: OK, overclocking with CCC works perfectly, but Trixx flickers no matter what. I guess I can live with that.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2012

16. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    OC programs like Afterburner and Trixx don't work well with latest AMD drivers, and have compatibility issues. CCC should definitely work, but the programs need updated due to changes in the driver code.

So it's not just you having issues with OC software.

17. Endymion FRS

Endymion FRS Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD7950 WF3
    Oh that's good to hear, thank you. Is there any reason why I never had any trouble on any previous driver updates?

18. blacblu

blacblu Guest

These are actually worse on Borderlands 2.

19. Shady Cent

Shady Cent Guest

GPU:
    HD 5870 (ASUS EAH5870)
    Hi everybody, I have a strange problem installing ATI drivers 12.8 or 12.9 beta with windows 8. When I launch setup.exe nothing appears and nothing happens, I tried to look in task manager and I see that the process setup.exe is not present and it doesn't start. I don't know what to do...:(

20. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    As I had said, AMD/ATI added new driver code, and made some changes to the code. So the OC'ing programs must be udpated to adapt to AMD/ATI's changes.

Thus why on older drivers you had no issues.

Everything is great in Borderlands 2 on this end. Forcing x16 AA cripples the game though, 8xAA and under is fine.