AMD Catalyst 12.9 (9.001 September 13) AMD Official BETA

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Sep 26, 2012.

Tags:
  1. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Good drivers. Min fps in BF3 went up from 45fps when high up in jets which was the lowest I saw with 12.8 with these lowest Ive seen is 50fps.. only 5fps more but hey its an improvement. This is all at ultra 1080p. I normally only play on high though, with motion and dof disabled as I hate these effects and normally got 62fps min but with these drivers its 68fps min.

Keepers. Will test more games later. Has anyone tried these in borderlands 2?

2. Exostenza

Exostenza Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 GT
    Same deal.

3. diwik

diwik Guest

GPU:
    XFX HD5870 1Gb (stock)
    delete

Last edited: Sep 28, 2012
  4. Xenoth

Xenoth Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
    Not here, im on Ultra all round and its all working normal.

5. acereborn

acereborn Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 7970 OC
    Same for me. :(

6. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    Great post. I totally agree with you. While past sets worked, they had bugs. This set is flawless for me as well. This GCN driver is definitely the proper driver we have been waiting for.

Reading through many forums Nvidia/AMD/ATI alike, it's pretty apparent that both companies released their cards wayyyy before their drivers were ready for them.

Nvidia is having driving issues, as well as AMD on their new cards.

Nvidia's adaptive Vsync is still having issues even now. They are working on totally redoing the drivers for it.

Well, I hope both companies learned a lesson from releasing hardware too early, or falling behind in driver development.

7. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD 5650m (550/800)
    Probably because yours is not a 7970.
    It simply means the driver works fine with your card on Skyrim, but not with a 7970.

8. FHUJIAI

FHUJIAI Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD7970
    Did you put the leak driver 12.8 or later?
    It may be due to garbage does not disappear if so uninstall
    Uninstall 12.9, please clean with Driver Sweeper
    Please install 12.9 then

9. slice313

slice313 Member

GPU:
    hd 7850
    Hummm, sometimes the screen wont come back from black after powesave screensaver starts... this is a ****ing anoying bug...

10. Progeny

Progeny Guest

GPU:
    GTX 670 DC2T @ 1300 MHz
    Only 5 fps extra as minimum in bf3? That's a sh1tload dude! Thanks for the info :banana:

11. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Rtx3080 SuprimX
    I too had an install error but it wasnt on the report page and the driver and ccc seems to be fuctioning properly,have experienced a little screen tearing but no crashing or driver stop responding,tdu2 runs nicely when there is no one is range to give me lag,graphics maxed @ 1080p with avg 80fps,still got filter issues with arma2

12. Lowki

Lowki Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7800 Xt
    . Im just curious How crossfire 79 are with that CPU since its about the same as mine. Ive seen alot of Intel NVIDIA fanboys claim dual gpus on amd CPU to not be worth it. Too bad we cant crossfire cpus lmao. But yeah i was thinking about crossfiring sooner or later.

13. centeh

centeh Guest

GPU:
    GF 960 2GB 1190/4000Mhz
    I would agree although had a couple of BSODs on f1 2012, turned gpu overclock down a little just in case it's my fault.. will report back

14. JaxMacFL

JaxMacFL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 4090 OC
    I have been experiencing ctd while playing fonv. Here is the message:

[​IMG]

Points to atiumd64.dll. It doesn't happen everytime, about 50/50. When it does it happens within the first 2-3 minutes playing.

Anyone else have this problem?

15. Heihachi88

Heihachi88 Guest

GPU:
    7970M CrossfireX
    Replace that file from modded drivers.

16. BravoFxTrt

BravoFxTrt Member Guru

GPU:
    2X MSI R9 280X 6GB
    Thanks Asder, these are working flawlessly on my newly built Rig.

17. Groovy-Music

Groovy-Music Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 AERO OC
    Thanks for your interest

While fast CPUs are vital for most applications, the moment you choose an high resolution with a lot of Anti-aliasing + TransparenciesAA, you'll need the most powerful GPU you can get.
    a resolution of 1280x720 gives a total pixel count of 921,600 (0.9MP)
    a resolution of 2560x1440 gives 3,686,400 pixels (3.6MP)
    It's 4 times more pixels to render at each frame, plus when you add AA on top of that...ouch
    The GPUs matter really much in high resolutions.

With this mother board, I had at first 2 radeon 5870, after I switched to 2 radeon 6970 and then HD 7970 and at each upgrades, I perceived clear improvements with the FPS and images quality.

While old games like Left4dead and Bioshock/Unreal Tournament3 can run perfectly with a single GPU, some titles are so heavy to render (Crisys2, metro2033) that having 2 Vcards almost double your FPS and still can make 2 overclocked 7970 not powerful enough (with 100% GPU utilization) to have 60 constant FPS, let alone 120 for the more sensitive persons.
    These cards are still often not powerful enough to use supersampling AA in many titles.

While more often, we hear people concerning about CPU bottlenecks, I always faced and still facing GPU-limitations even with the latest generations of video cards. A better CPU will not help very much more when you have your GPU already at 100% utilization in a particular game.

I recommend multi GPUs to the High Resolution addicts (or aliasing jaggies haters) and despite my older CPU, I'm currently maxing my video cards in many circumstances since I'm trying to find the maximum resolution and AA they can deal with in each titles (Ex: for Battlefield 3, I chose 'Enhanced application settings' (EQAA) for the AA mode in CCC, and 'Edge Detect' in the filter box, which transforms the in-game 4x anti-aliasing into 12x !!! Plus Adaptive AA for the transparencies. To resume: BF3 all ultra @ 2560x1440 with 12xEdgeDetectEQAA + transparenciesAA = need 2 Vcards to sustain a good FPS)

I :bonk:, for video games, personally prefer a weak (not too) CPU and extreme video cards combo more than extreme CPU + weak GPU !

The Radeon Hd7000 offer the best graphics I ever saw with good anti-aliasing but also the best Anisotropic Filtering I ever experienced, which keeps the distant textures sharp and precise with minimum shimmering at every angles!

** To note. I bought this mother-board and CPU in the very beginning of the AM3 platform with SATA3 and USB3... at that time, I was planning to eventually buy the upcoming AMD's bulldozer which I thought would probably use this platform too. So I bought an OEM Windows7 which is tied to my computer parts... and changing for an Intel platform now would cost me another Windows on top of that.... no sir... Shame on you ADM for not making Bulldozer faster than that and not AM3 compatible!!! i'll remember...

On topic: D3D: 9.14.10.0926 is the best I got for the Hd7000... D3Dxxx0924 and specially earlier ones where not stable (for me) and would often lead to system crashes...
    Only 8 months of waiting and experiencing issues with a 1000$ investment.... :hbd: not to bad !

18. JaxMacFL

JaxMacFL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 4090 OC
    Thx for the info. Could you point me in the direction of the modded drivers you are referring to?

19. BugMeister

BugMeister Guest

GPU:
    2x RX480 NITRO+OC(8G)
    [​IMG]

- these are showing a considerable improvement over the previous BETA..
    - results via Heaven 3.0 Benchmark
    • settings:
    • 1280x1024res (full-screen)
    • 4xA/A
    • 4xA/F
    • Tesselation normal
    • CROSSFIRE enabled

- to my eyes, the colouration in Skyrim via 12.x(4Sep) was superb..
    - with the official BETA - well, let's just say it hasn't improved.. ( -though it may be tweakable via the CAP settings..)

- BF3: Battlefield 3 certainly feels better, but the 12.x(4Sep) was excellent here, also..

- further real-world game testing ongoing..:nerd:

Last edited: Sep 29, 2012
  20. FireFreak111

FireFreak111 Guest

GPU:
    Gainward GTX 660 2GB
    So no one elses GPU scaling is borked? It only happens to me on 9.00+ drivers (including the June one back when I had Windows 7). Now happening to me on Windows 8 (fresh install)? Or no one elses RGB mode gives massive display corruption (the Y.... color mode doesn't have it.

When I say those options give display corruption I mean the entire screen is basically inverted and fked. Purple color, weird ringing. On any game running at a lower resolution than native this happens to it too. So windows desktop and low res games have this issue.