I still prefer WoW, Rift and others over GW2.

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Ohnooze, Sep 17, 2012.

1. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Ah dude cant see images, blocked at work :( umm yea i think started edition is a trial.

2. Ohnooze

Ohnooze Guest

yes its normal, i have the same

3. Ohnooze

Ohnooze Guest

Might be a good idea to call. With all the xp packs it could be a mess.

4. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    call? what do you mean?

5. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Calling helpline might take a while...Maybe raising a ticket in-game will be faster?

6. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    why ticket? I thought I have both TBC and WotLK from what I see on my account?

7. Ohnooze

Ohnooze Guest

Or just go in and buy MoP...that might take care of it.

8. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    no need for that yet, I'm still only lvl 30 :/

9. Ohnooze

Ohnooze Guest

10. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti 175W
    Oh my god, cross realm zones? Westfall is so crowded im gonna try night elf zone see if i can level there in peace -.-

11. Ohnooze

Ohnooze Guest

The realms have been a big buggy for me.

12. Lycronis

Lycronis Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970 G1
    Same old WoW, nothing to see here folks. ;) Just teasing. I just can't get excited for it anymore. I have a lot of great memories of WoW, but for me it just doesn't offer anything worth my time anymore. It's the same old, tired game, only a million times easier and dumbed down to the point that you can close your eyes and survive any encounter. And you have to pay monthly for this, after almost 8 years? I just can't justify that. I'm happy for those that still find it enjoyable, I'm just not one of them anymore.

13. Ohnooze

Ohnooze Guest

Yeah so far it is the same WoW. But from what I hear there is a ton to do at endgame.

I have already quit GW2 for the most part. So WoW might be 8 years old but it still holds my attention and something "new" is not always better.

And by the way I would like to add that both Rift and WAR had these dynamic events long before GW2. These games just didn't base their entire game around them....these games had stuff like end game content. :bigsmile:

14. yelsewshane

yelsewshane Banned

GPU:
    Sapphire VaporX 290
    Want to play a real online game play eq2 it makes wow look like a sick joke in every way.

15. Ohnooze

Ohnooze Guest

I have a EQ2 account and bought most the expansions.

Been a while since I wanted to play it though.

16. Lycronis

Lycronis Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970 G1
    Sorry but that doesn't make them better. In my opinion, GW2 is better than WoW, Rift, WAR and SWTOR combined. You can try and downplay it all you want, but when you look at the complete package, GW2 trumps EVERYTHING before it. And just because your definition of "endgame" equals the same crappy raids, does not make it so. BTW, MoP has some great Boss mechanics, too bad I've already played them in previous expansions.

Edit: I'm sorry, but EQ2 sucks!

Last edited: Sep 26, 2012
  17. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Ive just watched bunch of videos on youtube. If i was thinking about going back, i really doubt i will now. and wtf with farming?! so we can play "pokemon" and "Farmville" in wow now?! Mate from the guild said leveling is pure grind in its best form. Also did i see Scholomance?Scarlet Monastery? Come on Blizz are you really that lazy?!

I really dont know...Sorry wow, but GW2 it is for now.

18. Ohnooze

Ohnooze Guest

GW2 is a “complete package”? Really? You really believe that?

You might like GW2 but it has no endgame. There is nothing at max lvl but a handful of dungeons and pvp. You can always start over and lvl another guy…I guess you could call that endgame? But to say GW2 is a complete package and trumps everything before is an insane fanboy comment. The only thing it does better than other mmo is the graphics. The questing imo is not better in GW2 it’s just different than most. And bash raids in WoW all you want but at least WoW players have something other to do than start a new character and play PvP. And obviously people find WoW endgame/raids/dungeons fun considering it has about 4 or 5 times the players and it's an 8 year game.

I think it’s interesting that people think GW2 is so great. I’m ok with it but I just don’t understand it.

There is nothing to do at max lvl regardless what the fans might like to believe or call “end game”. Running from heart to heart is just not all that great. I do not understand what people find fun about this. And skills based off of weapons just stinks. Not to mention it’s crazy limiting for combat.

To me GW2 is the most overrated MMO probably ever made. I would play TOR again before spending much time in GW2. But that’s just me and I see a lot of people like GW2 so you know…whatever. Everyone will play what they like and that’s all good.

19. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    I know what you mean with raids, but for me "end game" in wow was, raid once a week and the rest stand/jump/emote in org...It just got so boring. I would literally log in on raid night, we would do it, get saved and boom what next?

I like that system where skills based off a weapon...Lets be honest you cant say, oh no im limited to only 5 spells, coz pretty every rotation in wow is 4-5 buttons. I never even used half of the spells in wow.

WoW is too boring for me at the moment, GW2 is fun and something different. Im sure ill get bored of it too.

20. Ohnooze

Ohnooze Guest

Yes they remade some dungeons as heroic content which a lot of fans wanted. And lvling is the same as it has been in the past like I said in a post before.

As for "pokemon" and "Farmville" I can't say as I do not plan on doing any of that at the moment. However a lot of people who did not plan on it say it's a lot of fun. Still does not sound like my kind of thing but I might look into it at some point.

I don't think you should go back to WoW. You seem like you're trying to force yourself to want to.