Housemate Problems

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by dk_lightning, Sep 24, 2012.

1. dk_lightning

dk_lightning Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070Ti
    Seems im living with yet another but hole.

I need some advice on how to deal with this guy.

He is a housemate and just rents a room in the house.

We are kind of friends but over the past year he has been more and more of a pain in my ass. It seems he goes out of his way to annoy me/others on a daily basis.

He even said to me once after i told him he annoys me with his stupid "trolls" and "gags" and he responded with "Well your "Buttons" are easy to press"..

Anyway.

Im a night owl really. I do end up staying up quite late some days, like today. His room is next to mine and the wall is not very good at blocking out sound. Im on TeamSpeak tonight/this morning as i am most days if not everyday. I keep my voice down etc and ive not had one complaint from him for quite some time.

But when he does complain its never a nice, hey you was a bit loud last night kinda talk its an outright shout and [censored] at the time. What it is, im not waking him up at all. Every time he gets all pissy with me like he has tonight and in the past its always been between 3am and 4am or there abouts.

Why this time? Cus he wakes up for a [censored] then get it in his head that i or someone woke him up and then gets all bitchy.

I will not have this guy talk to me like this and im sick of it. And so is the guy we all rent from who also lives here and is a close friend of mine.

I shall be telling him tomorrow that our friendship is done with untill I get an apology from him. I will also inform him of his bathroom trips. I will add that he still gets up at the same time for a [censored] 2-3 times a week if im up on the pc or in bed my self so I know 100% im not waking him up.

I would very much like to have his face meet my fist as that would make me feel so much better and release a lot of anger i have built up for this person but i know its just not going to help matters.

Is what im going to do the right way to deal with it? I want it to be but talking to this guy has not worked well in the past.

Yeah ive probaly woken him up at some pint but he never says anything just starts having a tantrum like a 2 year old who cant get his way.

Any other suggestions on how to deal with this twerp?

2. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Here is solution by Eric Cartman from Jersey thing episode:

"You know what you do when you want a family(housemate) to move away? Every night, you go and take a crap on their doorstep."

:D

3. Anfield82

Anfield82 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 7970
    Honesty is always the best policy. Just tell him exactly how it is and if he's not mature enough to deal with it then that's his problem.

4. dk_lightning

dk_lightning Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070Ti
    This

Been txting all after noon.. and his attitude towards things that are going on it, its all us and hes done nothing wrong.

We have all done something wrong at some point since we all started living together but he is not seeing it that way at all.

Apparently im solely responsible for keeping the house clean etc! I can go on.

The biggest problem with him is he wont listen.. Tell or ask him to do or not do something and he just does what he wants anyway.

5. jbmcmillan

jbmcmillan Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 GTX970
    Then if the rest of you are in agreement get rid of him.

6. Brasky

Brasky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070 Ti Su
    don't text, talk to him in person.

7. DSparil

DSparil Guest

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3080
    yeah, texts aren't going to cut it. For any serious situation, texts just don't get the message across and are way less personal. You need to confront him in person on it and if hes still a dick about things, give him the boot.

8. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    [​IMG]

9. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    Its not a solution because some people are just asshats no matter what but why not tell him to buy some of the disposable earplugs, the cheap but effective ones cost around $25 (10pounds) for a 200 pair count and can be worn all night. I have used them to sleep with and they work great.

Like these, http://www.tasco-safety.com/earplugs/earplugs03.html#230006 .

Or buy reusable ones.

You could all share the cost, it does benefit everyone.

Edit: If this guys is working during the days I could see him getting pissed about not getting a good nights sleep.

The last thing I would want is to get up and go to the bathroom at 3-4 AM and then try going back to sleep with someone on the other side of the wall talking/yelling into his microphone.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2012
  10. J.B.west

J.B.west Guest

GPU:
    nVidia GeForce GTX 660ti
    I feel for you, I lived in a similar situation a few years back. I lived with an ex friend of mine, but this guy is an alcoholic and became violent when he drank too much and we ended up going blows like 3 times. Long story short it was a very uncomfortable situation and he was a complete slob and never cleaned didnt pay the bills etc etc...

If he doesnt get the point and if you are very uncomfortable I would suggest you you talk to the house owner and tell him to give him an ultimatum.

11. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Not as bad as my next door neighbor in my apartment dorm, bastard plays BF3 or something till 1AM with a massive subwoofer....

At least I'm changing rooms this month so it's going to be the next tenants problem.

12. J.B.west

J.B.west Guest

GPU:
    nVidia GeForce GTX 660ti
    thats annoying but I can top it....the neighbor next to my apt has a little dog that barks non stop if left alone...and the dude works nights. I have to use ear plugs sometimes

13. Lie495s14

Lie495s14 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX260 / Dell.2209wa
    would a mediator do any good in this case?

14. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    get rid of him, its your house or apt? you on the lease?

15. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    No fair!

However, in relation to the problems the OP is facing I recommend i7!

16. Anfield82

Anfield82 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 7970
    Not an i5?

17. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    I'd be pissed too if the person in the room next to me was playing games or talking all night long when I'm trying to sleep.

18. Mikedogg

Mikedogg Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD 4650M 1GB
    Damn, I missed out on the shovel. :D

Show your mate this and then tell him you have one.

Good times. :thumbup:

19. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    If you already know what to say to him, and you already believe you could kick his ass, why you asking on here ? lol

Punching him in the face might not help, but it probably would, or at the very least pin him by his neck and tell him if he doesn't pack that s**t in, you will kick his ass

Winning the fight mentally usually cures things without needing to fight for real

20. Dillinger

Dillinger Guest

GPU:
    GTX 950
    This is why I would never room with someone, not even with a friend. Little annoyances start to wear on each other and it becomes miserable.

My only advice would be to change your schedule (if you can) go to bed at night. See if that improves the situation a bit.

I'm a night owl as well and me being up all night pisses everyone off...Either because I'm keeping them up or am too tired in the middle of the day to do anything productive.