Borderlands 2 680 Usage pic (1080 60fps)

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by SLI-756, Sep 22, 2012.

1. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    [​IMG]

All the settings maxed except i don't use any AA, blur, nor AO, plus i have the black outline disabled.
    This is from the boom boom brothers fight towards the beginning.
    Just for reference i guess, i'll take another perhaps at a fight laters on in the game too. :)

2. 1stcowgirl

1stcowgirl Guest

GPU:
    GTX 780Ti DCIIOC
    why dont you don't use any AA, blur, nor AO?
    i mean.. you own a 680 !

3. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Some people are perfectly content without the eye candy. Also, the graph on your core clock reads like a damn ekg graph. Gpu boost is by far the dumbest thing Nvidia has done in ages.

4. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    Eye strain, a few folks suffer, some folks get sick for example with low FOV and effects like motion blur, all these effects give some others eye strain.
    I got everything else maxed, just post process effects i don't use like those listed above.
    I'm used to gaming with jaggies, they don't bother me but of course i like hi res textures.

5. Pvfc-Epic

Pvfc-Epic Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX560Ti DirectCU II
    same here m8, motion blur and low FOV make me feel a bit light headed and sick also i dont really notice ambient occlusion so always turn it off.

6. malVizio

malVizio Guest

GPU:
    eVGA GTX680
    mmm and how are your physx settings?

7. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    There isnt a single game where I used motion blur. To me its a superficial, gratuitous gimmick that has never been implemented 'realistically' or 'properly' to my taste, so I've always disabled it. Its even worse in racing games.

8. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    PhysX is maxed.

9. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    I haven't seen my own GPU usage go below 80%, usually tipping at 95-99.
    I don't get a constant 60 fps in large areas with heavy battle, but certainly never below 40 fps.
    I have the game fully maxed out, except for vsync being off (can't stand it for first person games).
    Experiences seem to be inconsistent. Maybe that will be fixed in a patch later on.
    [​IMG]
    Just walked around Sanctuary for awhile.

10. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    i one of those people who got issues with the game. can't run it with physX at med or high, cause where big battle goes on the fps goes down and it's bleh...

11. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    i despise boost, with the 670 i had and i gona despise it when I get 660ti, Nvidia really needs to give us a way to disable it. I mean really since when has AUTO OC ever been a good thing on any hardware. which is all it really is, instead of doing this auto oc "boost" they could just clock the card faster and avoid the headache it gona cause and does,

Sadly the only way to disable boost and keep one set clock speed for 3d, 2d, idle castrates the power states so card only runs in one speed

12. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    [​IMG]

Infiltrating where Roland is being kept, much more GPU usage now, i've also got in-game ambient occlusion enabled these days, and GPU boost disabled. using adaptive v sync. fov 110.

13. BrightCandle

BrightCandle Guest

GPU:
    MIS / 680 / 2GB SLI
    I have been running Borderlands 2 on 2x 680 in 5760 with everything turned on. My usage is always > 95% but its also mostly at 60 fps which is pretty nice. But I did notice after a few hours the eye strain, I'll turn that motion blur etc off as that was not a nice feeling (Had it in the first Borderlands as well, stopped playing because of it).

14. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    Yeah i got all that stuff switched off too including the black outline around everything.
    I like gaming @ 1080 solid 60fps, i've considered a higher res monitor but understand the added stress to components involved.
    Like, i know i've not an uber rig (ex. 2x 680s) but it does 1080 well, now the gpu boost is disabled and i'm further into game i'm just having a ball, actually i'm rather addicted.
    *side note , i wish they'd let us disable certain eye straining effects in 'sleeping dogs' like DOF, such a lovely game and many still unable to play.

15. BrightCandle

BrightCandle Guest

GPU:
    MIS / 680 / 2GB SLI
    Depth of Field and motion blur are two effects that drive me mad. They make the game look considerably worse, they don't simulate what the eye is doing very well at all and they make some people have eye strain and sometimes sea sickness. I don't know why the developers put it in, Borderlands looks better without the DOF.

16. ESlik

ESlik Guest

GPU:
    EVGA x2 1080 Ti SC Black
    Maybe you should consider another PSU? 650w is pushing it,in my opinion.

17. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    A seasonic 650 psu is more than enough for that rig

18. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    this 650 is way more than needed even after heavy oc, it is known problem and word from nVidia that it will be fixed in a future patch, it affect lot people but not every1 it seems.

19. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    BL2 is very CPU dependant (there's a graph with different cpus at different speeds that shows just how dependent it is) though i guess your sandy @5GHz will be able to cope with the screen res you use.

20. 1stcowgirl

1stcowgirl Guest

GPU:
    GTX 780Ti DCIIOC
    May I guess that people who dont like FOV, are people who own a Large Screen Like 24" and above?
    -
    I remember going from 19" to 21" Gave me that sick head feeling (when i played BordrLands 1).
    What i did was, I pushed the screen away from me. (that fixed the problem!)!
    (BUT SITTING SO CLOSE TO IT, DEFINATLY SICK!)