NVIDIA GeForce 306.23 WHQL Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by MfA, Sep 13, 2012.

1. rewt

rewt Guest

GPU:
    Yes
    It seems pretty common in the demo scene for new drivers to break things. Reason being (probably) that the developers stray so far away from common rendering practices.

2. dark_surge

dark_surge Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 1080
    Works great for me too.

That's a really cool site btw. I've never heard of it until now. :)

3. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    drivers seem good for me..

playing borderlands 2 everything set to max with this drivers

I was going to test battlefield 3 with this drivers but origin decided to delete my install, so now I have to redownload the game:bang:

4. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    fxaa seems to blur alot in borderlands 2

5. Scerate

Scerate Guest

GPU:
    2080@2.1/1070N@2.0
    Did i missed something :3eyes:

6. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    yes..............:) U.S released it......

7. Mythril

Mythril Member Guru

GPU:
    4090FE
    Did you use a driver cleaner type program after you'd uninstalled the driver files or did you just install over the top of the drivers without uninstalling out of curiosity ?

8. samappz

samappz Guest

GPU:
    Dual Nvidia 680M SLI
    Can someone tell me the sli bits for borderlands 2 and guild wars 2 profiles. Very thankful.

9. F3ckB9LL

F3ckB9LL Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti 11Gb
  10. Wüst3nFuchs

Wüst3nFuchs New Member

GPU:
    Asus GTX 570 DC II
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2012

11. Webhiker

Webhiker Master Guru

GPU:
    ASRock Radeon RX 79
    I disagree. Yes, they push the envelope, but I never tried a demo that didn't run until now. Usually they test their demos before they are run and they also show them at the event on a big screen.

The funny thing is I just tried running those demos on a clean install of windows 8 and it's the same problem. They won't run. Every other demo works fine. On windows 8 a small dialog box comes up displaying d3dx9_37 and nothing else.
    On windows 7 nothing happens. I checked and d3dx9_37.dll does exist on both systems.

So why does the demo work on 301.42 and before and not 306.23 etc. I will keep digging.

12. Seneken

Seneken Guest

GPU:
    MSI
    I got a red screen on startup when update this drivers version (306.23 WHQL).After windows startup for a few seconds, the red screen appears.I have to unplug the DVI port and mount it again, the screen returns to normal. Is anyone else getting this error too?
    I use MSI GTX 660Ti PE card

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 18, 2012
  13. Gripen90

Gripen90 Guest

GPU:
    2x RTX 2080Ti SLi
    Yup. Thats an error often caused by either aida64, msi afterburner, evga precision if set to start when windows start. Try disable them if you use one of those programs.

14. adrock311

adrock311 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC 8gb
    borderlands 2 framerate seems a bit off at times, on ultra settings, i tried reducing physx from high to low, but still got some slight slowdowns during heavy action

15. rewt

rewt Guest

GPU:
    Yes
    You've never seen a demo broken by drivers until now? You're obviously new to the scene. They can't very well travel into the future and test with newer drivers now can they.

But if others say it works fine, then maybe it isn't really the driver in this case. I have yet to try it myself, I just took your word for it.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2012

16. Webhiker

Webhiker Master Guru

GPU:
    ASRock Radeon RX 79
    I'm not new to the scene. Been following it ever since the Amiga days :banana:

But never mind. I got it working.
    Usually I just install driver + PhysX + Update. I just tried installing everything ...and suddenly it works (edit : I tried using update instead of clean install, maybe that did the trick).

17. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    Pics or it didn't happen.

18. AStaUK

AStaUK Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA 2080Ti
    Recently upgraded to Windows 8 and did a fresh install of 306.23, most of my games play as they did before nice and smooth with no noticeable glitches.

Except BF3 (Premium) where my system reset's after just a few minutes of play for no apparent reason. CPU was barely reaching 55c, and the GPU was getting to 77c, nothing helpful in Event Log. So disabled auto-restart on system failure and tried again. This time when the system crashed it just left me with a black screen until I hit reset, when I looked in the Event Log I had 4 entries for "Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered."

I previously had this issue with WoW (Win7, with older PC) and fixed it by forcing a set PageFile size, in my case 5GB (5120MB). Tried it again on Win8 and it seems to have resolved my crashes with BF3, I've now been playing for a few hours with no issues.

My system already runs the latest BIOS for MB/GFX and drivers and this was the only thing I could think to try. Hopefully it proves useful to others.

AStaley.

19. JoeyFUZZ911

JoeyFUZZ911 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA Geforce GTX 670 FTW
    Hey guys, I have the 306.23 installed and all games run great but in BF3 I get cloudiness and shading issues when going into dark scenes. Anyone else experience this or know how to fix it? It's wierd and irratating. GPU in specs list.

20. Iruwen

Iruwen Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 670 FTW
    Disable MSAA, try reverting to the previous driver and/or tell DICE to fix the ****ing game instead of breaking it again and again.