Need Advice On Upgrading My Graphics Card,PLEASE HELP!!! :-(

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by KINGDESTRUCTION, Sep 17, 2012.

1. KINGDESTRUCTION

KINGDESTRUCTION Guest

GPU:
    H.I.S 4670 Radeon 1 gigg
    Hi,im New to all this so i'll try my best to explain myself. Im basic want to Max out my PC i Use right now & im completely out of the loop on graphics cards nowadays. Now thing is,is that im not after a super up to date one but basic the best one i can run/buy for the system im running now. Ok So here is a quick run down to the specs to my Prehistoric PC Rig

Windows XP 32 Bit
    ASUS A8V MotherBoard
    AMD Athlon 64 3700+ 2.20 GHZ (Soon to be Upgraded to a Athlon 64 FX 57 CPU)
    1Tb Hard Drive
    3.25 Gb Memory
    550 PSU
    PowerColor AGP X8 X800 PRO

As you can read its an old spec but i really want to give it one final push,i know there prob is a newer cheaper alternative but i dont mind.

So yeah,i basic want to know what is/was the last Best AGP X8 Graphics card i can buy now,not bothered if its Nvidea or AMD(Thou my preference has been AMD) !
    Any help anybody can help me decide would be a great help,oh and if you know where i can buy it the cheapest that be great too.
    Many thanks Guys,Hope you can help.
    Email: wiltshirebeast@hotmail.com

Last edited: Sep 17, 2012
  2. There's an AGP x8 version of the ATi Radeon HD 3870, imo it's the best agp graphics card you'll get nowadays, just don't know where you'd find one, maybe ebay or something.. there's also an HD 3850 AGP, which is close in perf. and easier to find...

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2012
  3. KINGDESTRUCTION

KINGDESTRUCTION Guest

GPU:
    H.I.S 4670 Radeon 1 gigg
    Whats its performance like with todays games?
    What titles would it be recommended for? Thanks for replying to.
    Anybody else know of any other cards??

4. lol it's literally the best agp graphics solution out there on the market to date...period... as for performance... it's dx10.1 capable I believe, it'll run the latest stuff out there, can't say you'll be running on high/very high though.

I'd imagine it performs close to the pci-e variant, not sure by how much but here's a review of a ref. 3870, should give you an idea of what to expect : http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/514

5. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2012
  6. Lie495s14

Lie495s14 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX260 / Dell.2209wa
    Best AGP card you can get is 3850. But OP, have you considered change your mobo to PCI-E ? You will need something like HD7770 or GTX550 for that upcoming CPU of yours. Plus these new GPUs run cooler and comsume less energy.

7. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    I agree. Any "upgrade" on your PC is a waste of money.

8. CronoGraal

CronoGraal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6900XT Merc 319
    ---^

9. KINGDESTRUCTION

KINGDESTRUCTION Guest

GPU:
    H.I.S 4670 Radeon 1 gigg
    So which would be the better card to buy then for Graphics quality & Performance????
    The "HIS ATI Radeon HD 4670 (H467QS1GHA) 1 GB DDR3 SDRAM AGP 8x" or The "ATI Radeon HD 3850 (11124-00-20R) 512 MB GDDR3 SDRAM AGP" :-/

Again thank you everybody for your advice guys,your all amazing :-D

10. clawhamer

clawhamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 780 Classified
    Performance wise, they are about equal. Get whatever is cheaper.

^ yep, if the x800 is still working, stick with it.

11. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Agreed, dont spend money on an AGP card unless it is very cheap and you wont make a loss selling it.
    Use the money for a better PCI-E card when you upgrade.

12. KINGDESTRUCTION

KINGDESTRUCTION Guest

GPU:
    H.I.S 4670 Radeon 1 gigg
    Ok,yeah i know im probably just wasting but its just my thing.
    So we come to the Conclusion on a Graphic Card But Which one In everyone elses opinion should i buy as i have found both & im split to which to get. I would of thought getting the one with 1Gb of Memory would be better than the 512Mb one but im a Noob when it comes to cards now :-(
    So which one Guys..................The "HIS ATI Radeon HD 4670 (H467QS1GHA) 1 GB DDR3 SDRAM AGP 8x" or The "ATI Radeon HD 3850 (11124-00-20R) 512 MB GDDR3 SDRAM AGP"????
    Oh,BTW,Which Branded Graphics one too? EG: Sapphire,PowerColor,Asus???
    So what you all thinks cus i ready to buy lol,Thanks once again for all your kind replies. I look forward to reading your thoughts to this

13. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    3870 is faster - get this if you can; and 4670 is faster then 3850. Also get 1gb variant.

But then again like others said, buying this outdated tech is kinda pointless..Unless you really want some Oldschool PC playing ~2006-2007 and older games.