iPhone 5 'will be released on Friday September 21'

Discussion in 'Tablets and Smart Phones' started by Doug, Jul 24, 2012.

1. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Well there likely were people who said it looks and feels identical, but thinks Jimmy's point is that there are many die hard fans who would say it was better even if it was the same.

2. Doug

Doug Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970
    [​IMG]

:D

But then..

[​IMG]

I really hope Nokia get to spank them and not vice versa

3. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI

So if you think the nokia 920 looks interesting you are a iphone hater and think the sun shines out of androids arse... DERP!

4. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Btu then again every iPhone looks gay... :p Seriously though, there are lots of colour choices. I'm getting matte grey, looks a bit more professional.

[​IMG]

@Doug
    New Nokia phones are evolution design from N8 and E7....

Last edited: Sep 13, 2012

5. Thug

Thug Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Not sure if you are asking a question or stating a point here, but i will go with asking a question.
    I have an iPhone 4 (and had the 3 before this) and actually really like it. It does everything i want and more, and i think it looks great. But, i also like the look of this new Nokia too.
    If i like something i will stick with it (no matter who has one or who says what about it), but if something that I think looks better and suits my needs better comes along then i will look at that too.
    Does that mean i am a fanboy or a hater?
    Can people not be on both sides of the fence?

Agree, matte grey looks FAR better.
    Just hope its metal and not plastic that will end up wearing on the corners revealing darker plastic and looking shabby in no time at all. I am VERY fussy about that, my iPhone looks as good as the day i bought it 2 years ago.

6. Shex

Shex Guest

GPU:
    GALAX GeForce GTX 970 HOF
  7. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Agree with you there. Problem is that iphone is so overpriced for what it does. I bet iphone 5 will be about 40-45 a month + some towards the actual phone. I dont see the point in paying it, when i can get better phone for 30-35 a month. But people will pay, without considering other phone only coz they dont have half eaten apple logo :)

Saying that i agree with another part of your post, you are happy with your device and what it does. I am perfectly happy with SG2, if only i didnt mess up battery register with tweaking :D If my contract would expire now i wouldnt know what to get haha, loads of good phones are out!

8. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    It is not a painted colour. The whole material is that colour.

9. NoviceRei

NoviceRei Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 460 825/1079/1650
    well, i bet the polycarbonate cases of the 920 are downright cheap. so.. off with the old, and in with the new one! :D

10. Doug

Doug Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970
    That new iPod design looks just as stolen as the Galaxy S did, change the white to black and you got the Lumia. I'd still put money on Apple winning, though

11. Thug

Thug Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    All phones are over priced, but i agree the iPhone appears more so, but doesnt need to be for everyone.
    I bought my 4 (not S) 2 years ago (from Tesco) on a 12 month contract at £35pm, and the phone cost me (if i remember) about £260. I sold my old 3 on fleabay for about £220, so i only had to find about £40 or so and was on a short contract too.
    Thats the beauty, the old ones hold their value, so the new one need not cost as much as it could.
    Thats another reason why i didnt mind sticking with the iPhone. If the new one is about £300 on a 12 month contract and i can sell my 4 for around £200, its costing me £100 extra for a brand new phone.

I sure hope so.
    Everything i have had that is coloured plastic (even grey) has worn in areas to reveal a slightly different base colour. It looks really cheap and tacky.

12. dcx_badass

dcx_badass Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1060 6GB
  13. Lane

Lane Guest

GPU:
    2x HD7970 - EK Waterblock
    lets see Apple sue Samsung if they put colored icon on it.

14. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    ^^Those icon look a bit like Symbian Belle and Nokia's Series 40 feature phone rip offs.

Though, I'd be almost certain that after the fight Apple and Nokia had, they both can rip off each others as much as they want.

It's going to be the same non-painted polycarbonate chassis like in N9 and every other Nokia that had polycarbonate chassis. It's not going to be an issue. ;)

15. N0sferatU

N0sferatU Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ultra
    LMFAO!!! x2 I died laughing at this.

16. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    That works out like a good deal. Pretty good contract by Tesco, never thought about checking them out :) Anyway if i would change for iphone i would get 4s rather than 5 right now. But my contract runs out only in 8 months so god knows what we gonna have by then. Thinking Note2 but its massive. SG3 looks tiny compare to it :)

17. INSTG8R

INSTG8R Guest

GPU:
    Nitro+ 5700XT
    Sigh...I had to laugh at that one. I mean some of them had one in their hands and STILL couldn't see it was the same one?:3eyes:

Like PCthug I have had my 4 for awhile now and it does exactly what I need it to do. Never felt the need to Jailbreak it either. I am more chained to iPhone because my investment in Apps more than anything else(had a 3G before this)So jumping ship to Android I lose all that and start over. I'm not an "iPerson" it's just what I have stuck with since replacing my N95 way back when.

I got offered a cheaper plan a couple months back so I have until May to wait to get another phone. It will probably be 5 but by then the "hype" will have died down and I can probably get a better deal on one then too and still be able to sell my 4 at a decent price as well.

Heck might even be able to find a good deal on a used 5 by then.

18. yelsewshane

yelsewshane Banned

GPU:
    Sapphire VaporX 290
    Most my cousins and friends have the apple 4s and they all agree when they had chance to see my dell venue pro with windows phone 7.10 mango said this phone is far superior. BTW almost all of them with the apple 4s had broken / cracked screens lol. The new Nokia 920 with windows 8 I might just have to buy it love the reviews of that phone.

19. Thug

Thug Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    What do these people do to break their screens?

I have had my iPhone 4 for 2 years, i have dropped it a couple of times.
    I know ATLEAST 15/20 people with iPhones and have only seen ONE cracked screen.
    This was a guy who didnt have a cover and dropped it from head height (i watched him do it).

20. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    what do you mean what do they do with their phones? they drop them of course! I've dropped my s2 a 50 times over the last 16 months, not one scratch (it's otterboxed). drop the s2 a 50 times without a case, it'll be scuffed and there will be scratches on the screen. drop an iphone a 50 times and it'll shatter the screen like 15 times at least, back to front.