306.02-desktop-win8-win7-winvista-64bit-international-beta

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by hanschke, Aug 27, 2012.

1. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW

0x0000002f

2. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Im at 305.67 dev2 driver and i noticed one strange bug with Crysis2 multiplayer, well it happens with any driver, except now i had high gpu usage all the time.

I was playing level Skyline (CTF) at 900/2260mhz, dx9 - default ultra, patch 1.9 (no dx11 and HQ textures yet), with gpu usage 80-99% (62-75fps) all the time, but when someone called for that green laser (air strike), fps dropped to 25-30fps and gpu usage down to 23-30%, when this air strike ended gpu usage climbed back to 90-99% (it needed ~1.5-3sec).

Actually this fps drop happens with any driver, cpu usage stays around the same it occurs..

Can you nvidia guys check out what happens to driver code when that laser air strike appears and gpu usage drops? It would be great if you found a fix for it.

Its a twimtbp title after all and to see such issues is disappointing. :(

3. Jakshi

Jakshi Member Guru

GPU:
    PoV GTX680@1300/3700
    Not the Guild Wars 2 AO bit but the Darksiders 2 AO bit XD

4. Hu1kamania

Hu1kamania Member

GPU:
    BFG 6800 GT 256
    Darksiders 2 AO: 0x0000002D

5. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    That's a well known C2 fault, it could only be fixed with a Crytek patch.

6. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    My bad lol.

7. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    It's likely a problem server side/CPU.

The Orbital Strike has been a known broken problem with C2 since Day 1 that has not been fixed.

With an OS you are basically guaranteed to have frame drops, incredible latency and tons of fun warping!

8. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    Playing prototype 2 with these drivers. no stutter.

9. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    So? they can still check it out, i mean its a nvidia game after all. Broken or not. :)

10. Iruwen

Iruwen Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 670 FTW
    Eh no. It's a Crytek game.

That doesn't mean Nvidia does the programming for Crytek, if they don't want to fix this one thing it's their fault. And maybe there are problems inherent in the underlying CryEngine 3 that cannot be easily fixed so they just leave it as is.

11. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Thanks for the info sherlock :rolleyes:

Nvidia "sponsored it" (works closely with developers), like AMD sponsors Gaming evolved games, and that was my point in the first place.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2012
  12. Iruwen

Iruwen Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 670 FTW
    You just have to face the truth, John.

13. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Your reply was full of guessing and maybes, so i won't take your words for granted sorry.

And besides you're not a nvidia tech. Good day :)

Last edited: Sep 13, 2012
  14. Iruwen

Iruwen Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 670 FTW
  15. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    I think it's more likely that it's EA's fault it didn't get fixed. Remember the whole BF3 thing where DICE wanted to fix issues and patch the game but EA wouldn't let them? (Or something like that)

I think that explains a lot.

Either way, Crysis 2 is dead to me. It's not worth playing in Multiplayer unless you are running a private server with friends IMO.

16. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Well i bought the game this year at half price and mostly for Maldo mod and MP a bit.. Dunno i didnt find any issues with MP, I see a lot of servers (ok ~ 20-30), btw 306.23 runs better when that orb strike appears.

I tested dx11 again yesterday (tweaked advanced settings) and I noticed Water and object detail takes a big perf. hit.. if both at ultra then i can hoover at 45-50fps.. Both at v.high I can keep ~ 60-70fps on avg.

I didnt see any real visual difference though and object detail at ultra can make those low fps drops (low gpu usage drops), apparently its when tessellation kicks in, but idk? why would tessellation cause low gpu usage drops, it doesnt make any sense.

Imo they both failed with this dx11 patch.. Its a rushed unoptimized mess hehe :grin:, I just wished whole Maldo mod would work in MP (not just cfg part), every server has nomod restriction :(

Last edited: Sep 15, 2012
  17. Gripen90

Gripen90 Guest

GPU:
    2x RTX 2080Ti SLi
    ups wrong thread

Last edited: Sep 16, 2012
  18. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    Tessellation should NOT cause performance problems in Crysis 2, it's been debunked even by Maldo. Also: You shouldn't use mods in MP anyway, or even bother playing MP.

I played MP from launch day until the DX11 patch came out and I called it quits. Because the game was horribly broken in MP and not worth my time to play it so competitively like I did.

19. seaplane pilot

seaplane pilot Guest

GPU:
    2080Ti Strix
    Synthetic BM mean squat, it's about how your games look and feel during play.