306.02-desktop-win8-win7-winvista-64bit-international-beta

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by hanschke, Aug 27, 2012.

1. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Thanks for the info, Noisiv.

So Borderlands 2 sounds like it is going to be another dismal UE3 console port that uses DX9 and has no support for anti-aliasing. Won-der-ful. The sooner the current crop of consoles die a death the sooner PC games can stop using DX9.

2. dnottis

dnottis Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SSC 970 GTX 4GB
    +1, I finished Batman AC but it was awful. Started with my GTX 580, finished with GTX 680.. but the game was a stutter fest outside. First game was better, second one had promise but with the problems just made the game an embarrassment....

Strangely enough, Steam just put Batman AC GOTY edition on sale today. lmao.

3. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    The first Batman AA had bad texture streaming stutter, i never tested with physx off, but im pretty sure its both physx (inefficient code) +U3E texture streaming that made it, i raised some parameters in engine.ini file and it helped but not much..

I hoped Batman AC would be better, nope even worse in dx11 :(.. Dx9 is ok, but I didnt buy the game to play in dx9.

And speaking of physx+U3E, this streaming stutter is any game. I wonder what Physx3 + U4E will bring, more streaming stutter? :bonk: :D

4. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    @ AndyB - I've just tried Darksiders II with forced 16QxMSAA + 8xTrSSAA (uses 1.9 GB of VRAM!) and as you can see it is still working fine with the v306.02 drivers (and Death is still not showing in the pause menu).

[​IMG]

5. Improv

Improv Guest

GPU:
    Patriot 8gb DDR3 ram
  6. dnottis

dnottis Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SSC 970 GTX 4GB
    How many other games made promises? look at Ghost Recon Future Soldier. They showed us videos and screenshots of another game, cause mine looks like a busted PS2 version of another game. Don't believe the hype, no matter how many times they insist it won't "be like that"... it always is.

A technical show piece for PCs? http://www.pcgameshardware.com/aid,...dier-A-technical-showcase-for-PC-gamers/News/

..comes to life with enhanced visuals....?
    http://www.videogamer.com/pc/ghost_...oldier_comes_to_pc_with_enhanced_visuals.html

Meanwhile IRL - http://imageshack.us/g/14/futuresoldier2012090223.jpg/

See - so don't believe what they tell you..mine looks like ass

7. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    Personally, the FXAA in Binary Domain is fantastic.

And i've done a large comparison of various AA methods, one being OGSSAA+FXAA+MSAA which results in better IQ (With Crysis anyway) than many other methods.

http://forums.exophase.com/threads/post-your-screenshots-56k-warning.17909/page-17#post-223292

Also this blown up comparison of AA methods including FXAA with binary domain.
    http://min.us/mH8hLfsqK/1

However, I HOPE to GOD. And I mean I am praying that Next Gen Consoles are powerful enough for hybrid AA modes and stuff like SGSSAA.

Because a console barely capable of 1080p30 is not going to cut it for their so called "10 year console life cycle" they want.

Not to mention the resolution boost from 720p to 1080p is only ~2.2X Pixel wise where as it was ~3X from PS2 to PS3 and ~4X from PS1 to PS2.
    (This is considering games that ran from 320x240 to 640/512X480/448 to 1280x720)

If we are left with nothing but Post Processing AA methods in the next gen, I may not buy one.

I hate how unappreciated AA really is. It can take a game from ok to amazing looking.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2012
  8. dnottis

dnottis Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SSC 970 GTX 4GB
    Have you tried using an FXAA injector vs in game?

9. dark_surge

dark_surge Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 1080
  10. p1xel8ted

p1xel8ted Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX680 Watercooled
    Don't know if anyone else reported this issue, or if is the place to do it.

Guild Wars 2 on the 306 drivers, Windows 8 64-bit on a GTX680,

Holding the camera in certain angles causes the textures to become see through.
    Reverted back to 304.79, no issues.

11. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Thanks for that. Looks like I was wrong from that screenshot and the game has a decent amount of graphics settings to fiddle about with, including FXAA and ambient occlusion.

12. Varna

Varna Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 690GTX
    Turn off ambient occlusion in the control panel.

13. p1xel8ted

p1xel8ted Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX680 Watercooled
    Ah thank you!

14. dnottis

dnottis Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SSC 970 GTX 4GB
    I'd still be skeptical... we've seen too many games hyped up that didn't live up to the hype.. and others like Sleeping Dogs that we didnt know anything about and definitely deserved the $50.

15. Rafnagud

Rafnagud Master Guru

GPU:
    INNO3D RTX 4080
    Two weeks later and still no drivers????????????????????

16. Steve30x

Steve30x Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 7900GRE
    OMG!!!!!!!! Lets petition to have Nvidia shut down because theres still no driver

[/sarcasim]

17. Ade 1

Ade 1 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 690
    ^Agree

18. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    yes that how it goes, the forum supposed to be back aswell some weeks back.

19. Rafnagud

Rafnagud Master Guru

GPU:
    INNO3D RTX 4080
    The only thing i want is this guy to stop talking about releases and go for the when it's done approach.

20. Steve30x

Steve30x Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 7900GRE
    The only thing I want people to do is expect a new driver when its available instead of taking somebody elses word that a driver will be available at a certain day or date. You should know by now that any date ManuelG gives is never a solid date.