306.02-desktop-win8-win7-winvista-64bit-international-beta

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by hanschke, Aug 27, 2012.

1. Rapyer

Rapyer Guest

GPU:
    1080ti
    edit: after restarted browser after installing it, the delay almost disappeared, a lilltle hitch is still there but its not as bad as before

Last edited: Sep 1, 2012
  2. inplayruns

inplayruns Active Member

GPU:
    Radeon 6600 XT
  3. GabeA

GabeA Guest

GPU:
    550M@823/1140RAM (GF116)
    Wow, seeing these release notes I can't help but get all pumped for the "GeForce R310 drivers (the next major family of drivers)"!

4. LeZaSh

LeZaSh Guest

GPU:
    gtx460 1gb soc @900/4000
    i had same problem, people suggested overclock may be too high, knocked cpu down to 3,7ghz form 3.8ghz and bingo no more blue screens since :banana:

5. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Runs great for me on completely maxed out settings, including supersampling and ultra LOD/shadows, at 1920x1200. It is silky-smooth, no stutters at all, and the framerate is between 40 and 60 fps, v-synced, depending on much is going on. Even when things are busy and the framerate dips to the low 40s it still feels smooth. I have have Quality Ambient Occlusion enabled.

What resolution are you playing at? Maybe the game doesn't scale well on three or more GPUs?

6. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Doesn't Dark Souls' DX9 engine also use deferred rendering as well? If so then TrSSAA appears to be working in that game using the DSFix with the internal resolution matching the screen resolution as the vegetation does not have jagged edges. I checked it out to the right of the archway where the dragon is across the bridge.

7. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    It's the opposite for me as the mention of a new driver path invariably means new bugs and issues plus, occassionally but not always, some things that were fixed get broken, e.g. Bully Scholarship Edition which had black torso/arms on the main character when the R300 drivers were first released. And World in Conflict DX10's ambient occlusion stopped working with the R30x drivers and NVIDIA simply disabled it in the profile rather than fixed it.

8. wasteomind

wasteomind Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3
    This flag change does little or nothing for me.

9. Blaire

Blaire Guest

GPU:
    Geforce TITAN 4-Way...
    This flag is intended more for 4-Way SLI, so that there is significant Differences, smoother Gameplay and less FPS Hiccups.

10. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    This does not mean it can't work.

I'm pretty sure TrSSAA works just fine in many Deferred games.

Because by that logic, MSAA shouldn't work either. But it does in many games with deferred lighting or shading. And many it does not either.

Of course, if Darren Hodgson posted a comparison picture in a scene with many alpha tested objects/edges with TrSSAA OFF in inspector and ON in inspector we'd (Whom don't have the game) would be able to make judgement on whether it actually works or not.

And just as a point of reference look at Binary Domain (A game i'm pretty sure uses DShading or DLighting because of the lack of MSAA Support out of the box and because the lighting from the back light of their uniform is gone when MSAA is used) With and Without TrSSAA
    Look at the fence and the back part of the neck
    WITH
    [​IMG]
    WITHOUT
    [​IMG]
    NO AA
    [​IMG]

11. PowerK

PowerK Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 FE
    I think your definition of "silky-smooth" and mine are quite different. I personally would never call framerate between 40 and 60 fps silky-smooth.

I've tried Guild Wars 2 in single-GPU mode, 2-GPU-mode, 3-GPU mode and 4-GPU mode. (nVIDIA Inspector) They all exhibit this 40-60 fps fluctuations during the game. This is noticeable, for example, when I pan the camera. This is juddering (like improper 2:3 inverse telecine in movies)
    From my experience, maximum graphic settings/options doesn't seem to matter here. I play at 2560x1600 (U3011).

An interesting thing is that both GPU and CPU utilizations are quite low in GW2. Low CPU and GPU temps confirm this. It's like my PC is not doing much work even everything is maxed but juddering is there and noticeable. Probably problem with GW2's rendering engine. (or nVIDIA's drvier)

12. dnottis

dnottis Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SSC 970 GTX 4GB
    To me silky smooth is 80-100+ fps.

Its funny how someone can run 30 fps and still say something is "silky smooth".

13. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Silky-smooth to me means no judders or jerks when playing. I personally find 40-60 fps perfectly acceptable for gaming and cannot see or feel the difference above 60 fps anyway. Plus I cannot stand screen tearing so v-sync is a prerequisite for all my games. Guild Wars 2 plays smoothly, say, compared with the stutterfest that is Diablo III and that will do me fine. Normally I'd prefer a constant 60 fps but I honestly would not be able to tell the framerate in Guild Wars 2 had dropped to the 40s fps if I wasn't looking at the Afterburner OSD.

14. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    It's all down to personal perferance. For example, Dark Souls and Transformers: War for Cybertron run at 30 fps but both feel fine to me. What isn't fine are games that judder/stutter and/or run at 60 fps one second then 15-20 fps the next. As long as the framerate is consistent, or as near to as possible, whether 30 or 60 fps and it doesn't stutter then that is as perfect a gaming experience as I could hope for.

Darksiders II is a game that was running at 60 fps and by all rights should have been smooth but it felt laggy and horrible to play until I changed the SLI flag. Now it still runs at 60 fps but the difference in the perceptible smoothness and feel of the game are massively improved, making the game so much more enjoyable to play. Now it only stutters ever-so-slightly when it is streaming a new area. What surprises me is that the game is running with the same framerate with both flags but only the new one feels smoother (I'm using the same forced AA+AO settings too).

15. ericdrum

ericdrum Member Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 670 FTW SLI
    GW2 has been running "pretty well" for me. Most of the time, in fact, I'd say that it's great. However, I am very familiar with the camera pan stutter. It seems like when I pan with the keyboard, it's fine, but with the mouse I do get that choppiness. I'm going to pay attention more today to my gpu utilization while playing.

16. wasteomind

wasteomind Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3
    Good to know but disappointing for 2-way sli users

17. ericdrum

ericdrum Member Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 670 FTW SLI
    Totally agree. While I can detect anything below 60 with my eyes, I have friends that aren't sensitive about it at all and to them 30 or 40 looks fine. I just think it's your brain and how your brain interprets what it's seeing. Be thankful if you can tolerate 30 or 40. I'm jealous of it as there are console games and some PC ports that I just can't play due to framerate issues.

p.s. DS2 is running buttery smooth for me in SLI. So many variables.

18. Bornakiller

Bornakiller Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580 SLI
    Those drivers want to kill my cards!! :puke2:

Downloaded them from evga. Opened World of Warcraft everything maxed out, vsync off, default gpu clocks and watched my temps rise to 94c !!! wtf!!

[​IMG]

19. Blaire

Blaire Guest

GPU:
    Geforce TITAN 4-Way...
    It should bring no Disadvantages with 2-Way SLI, quite possible that 2-way SLI a little better as regards the Playability.
    But as already mentioned, the Main Focus was 4-Way SLI here the Differences are more than obvious, at Maximum Details incl. 8xAA and Ambient Occlusion "Quality" :)

20. Fiatsu

Fiatsu Guest

GPU:
    GTX 590
    I uninstalled 304 which i reverted to after 306 driver crashes.
    I used driver sweeper in safe mode to make sure everything was gone and installed a fresh 306.

I'm getting no more crashes in desktop doing nothing which is good but....
    Every game while loading the driver crashes, in iRacing while loading a track the driver crashes and doesn't restart so i have to restart my PC.

I play MW3 and Tera online in window mode and i get the same driver crashes when loading a map but it restarts after a few secs to 2mins.
    If the game does happen to load successfully then i get stretched triangular things all over the place.

This problem is killing me, everything was working fine before i installed 306 for the first time and even after i reverted to 304 the problem continued.
    I'm not overclocking and never have.

My GPU is the GTX 590.
    CPU i7930
    8GB ram
    running Nvidia surround 3x Asus VG236HE monitors

Anyone else with this issue?
    Anyone know of a fix?
    Help please!