306.02-desktop-win8-win7-winvista-64bit-international-beta

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by hanschke, Aug 27, 2012.

1. ViperAnaf

ViperAnaf Guest

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3080 OC
    I tried those driver i still get low fps with Guild Wars 2 - the "MAIN" problem happens in WvWvW when the GPU usage is only 30% - any tips?

2. Carstuar

Carstuar Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX680 Twin Frozr III
    If there's a huge amount of players in your area the CPU is probably the bottleneck.

3. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    It's not cpu bottleneck, a 2600K stock is more than enough for GW2.

The problem is the graphics engine right now is a mess. They render part on cpu, part on gpu, and it keeps switching back and forth during gameplay.

You can tell when the cpu kicks in instead of gpu because I can be in the same area 5 minutes later and FPS is lower than my vsync, with no people before or after.

It's not Nvidia, the cpu, or AMD/ATI, its the game engine. You can do research for this yourself it's everywhere.

4. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    I have to agree with GhostXL. GW2 runs like crap, even on my rig. I'm lucky to get 55 fps anywhere.

5. xm8z

xm8z Guest

GPU:
    TBA
  6. xm8z

xm8z Guest

GPU:
    TBA
  7. ericdrum

ericdrum Member Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 670 FTW SLI
    @xm8z Wow. That's pretty weird. I can't say that I've ever seen that at all on my 670s or my two 570s before that (although I did get rid of my 570s before the 304s were out) Does it happen every time you play?

8. AndyB

AndyB NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    GeForce GTX TITAN SLI
    Hey, Andy from NVIDIA here (they really need flair, or a tag, or something, I sound like a wally declaring I'm from NVIDIA every post...).

If you read our driver story (http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/nvidia-geforce-306-02-beta-drivers-released/) you will have seen my note about Sleeping Dogs SLI bits.

To follow up, we tested 0x0C4010F5, but eventually chose 0x084010F5 to be our new bit. 0x08 gave us a near identical average framerate, but more importantly, a significantly higher minimum (+8fps). [In-game benchmark, 1920x1080, Supersampling enabled, HD textures enabled, everything else on max]

This will go into the next driver, but as many of you are already playing I thought I'd get the info out straight away to the enthusiasts in the NVIDIA community (you fine folks).

Have a great weekend! (hopefully consisting entirely of games, and not that pesky real world malarkey)

Last edited: Aug 31, 2012
  9. xoleras

xoleras Guest

GPU:
    msi lightning gtx 580 sli
    Andy, first, thank you for posting here.

My question is, can you PLEASE comment on the crashing issue with counter strike global offensive? There are MANY 680 users with this issue happening regardless of driver - and its very annoying because i can't play with friends!

The CS:GO steam forum is filled with similar stories from 680 users, PLEASE tell me this is something you are looking into. This is VERY VERY frustrating. None of my other games have any problems so i'm confident it is an issue with drivers - I am using 680 sli with the latest beta. CS:GO also crashed with every previous driver, it crashes at random intervals from 5-15 minutes and its not a temp, overclocking, or other issue. Please look into this, please :(

10. AndyB

AndyB NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    GeForce GTX TITAN SLI
    That's Manuel's realm. You need to fill this form out with as much detail as possible: http://surveys.nvidia.com/index.jsp?pi=6e7ea6bb4a02641fa8f07694a40f8ac6

All I can say is that from personal experience on a SLI 680 system, with AO enabled, is that I've had no issues. Sorry dude :/

11. Fiatsu

Fiatsu Guest

GPU:
    GTX 590
    Crash crash crash crash........

I installed 306 and my driver kept crashing constantly.
    watching youtube videos crash, any game crash.
    Doing nothing... crash.
    Might get an open GL error message every now and then or with Photoshop crash.
    driving me crazy wanna sepuku!

When i first tried to revert to 304 i got some DLL errors during the install process and it failed.
    Had to safe mode uninstall 306 and install 304.

I don't know what 306 did but the crashes followed me...

So stupid of me to update when the PC was working fine for months.

Now i'm suffering with crashes randomly 6+ times an hour.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2012
  12. xm8z

xm8z Guest

GPU:
    TBA
    @ ericdrum : yes mate its happens all the time, when i play BF3 MP :(

@ AndyB : any solution my issue ??? (post no. #305) ....

13. jmsquared

jmsquared Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX690
    Thanks Veteran; everything is back to normal.

14. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    Hey there got a question. This is probably going out on a limb, but how do you guys make Bits? Do the different values in each slot correlate to different specific things?
    I only ask because it seems people come up with "Custom bits" all the time on various forums for specific games and i'm curious how people seem to do that..

15. NudeDragon

NudeDragon Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 680 WF x3
    Hi Andy thanks for responding here.

I was wondering if you guys are able to do anything with Guild Wars 2 performance or is this just Arena Nets terrible engine at work?

Not sure if you play the game but the framerates are a mess.

At one point you are getting 60 frames at another you are down to 20 just for standing in a different spot with nothing going around.

You pan the camera and you go from 60 to 30 to 40 to 20 it's so annoying.

The worst offender is the human zone. Framerates depend entirely on where you stand when the area really has no performance hit difference.

For example I can be standing a few feet away from the bridge and have 50 frames. As soon as I walk onto the bridge it drops to 30.

Can you shed any light on this? Or is this because of the game itself =/

I'm about ready to shelve this game and call it lesson learned on pre purchasing something.

PS: Changing graphic settings barely does anything.

PPS: All the while the GPU usage is going crazy. That bridge example I gave. When I was standing away from the bridge usage was at 70% as soon as I stepped onto the bridge it plummeted to 30% until I ran across it and it shot back up. Same with turning the camera around GPU usage goes crazy. I just don't understand what's going on with this game.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2012

16. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I've finally got Darksiders II running 99.5% smoothly at 60 fps @ 1920x1200 with 16x CSAA + 4x TrSSAA + Quality AO using the valuer of 0x42404005 for the SLI flag rather than the default 0x42400005. I found this on the German 3DCenter forum but thought others might want to try it as it makes a huge difference to how the game feels to play. Hopefully, NVIDIA will update their profiles to include this flag in a later driver.

A weird issue though with the AA flag for this game is that when I forced 8Qx MSAA the game would stall during the loading screen after I resumed a save until I Alt-Tabbed to the desktop and back to the game. This does not happen if I use 16x CSAA. Is this the same for everyone else?

17. PowerK

PowerK Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 FE
    Guild Wars 2 performance is horrible. :(

18. NudeDragon

NudeDragon Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 680 WF x3
    Wow you too with that rig? Jeez lol.

19. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    Anyone else randomly having the entire browser window BESIDES the flash video you're watching turn black for no reason? It's like a black film covers the rest of the page on Youtube. I've only had it for the past two driver versions, and only on youtube. If I click or highlight it it goes away.

20. xoleras

xoleras Guest

GPU:
    msi lightning gtx 580 sli
    Because you forced it in nvidia inspector doesn't mean its working. To my knowledge DS2 uses deferred rendering meaning that you can't use Transparency SS. This applies for the great majority of games these days.