306.02-desktop-win8-win7-winvista-64bit-international-beta

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by hanschke, Aug 27, 2012.

1. seaplane pilot

seaplane pilot Guest

GPU:
    2080Ti Strix
    Why not test them yourself? Nvidia drivers are a snap and you can install drivers over drivers without problems. Please! :nerd:

2. dnottis

dnottis Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SSC 970 GTX 4GB
    yea, not sure where he's getting that from. I've got a 680, its a lot faster than my 580 was and I don't any other problems than I had with my 580 lmao. deeerp!

3. Ilya

Ilya Guest

GPU:
    GTX 780 SLI @ 1200/7000
    Hopefully they will fix it in WHQL version...

4. johnmambo

johnmambo Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX980
    My question has already been answered by people that tested before me. Cant see a problem here, since when i asked that question i was at work and just curious about it. So keep your comments to yourself.

5. mysteriously

mysteriously Guest

Just Cause 2 issue is still present for me. JC2 launches to main menu normal. When I change any advanced (graphic) option I can't resume/load latest save game. If I try do so my PC completely freezes with black screen. Can someone launch the game, change some options and try load save game or 1st load the save and later change options and try to resume the game? I can play normal if I delete \Documents\Square Enix\Just Cause 2\Saves\JC2Settings, launch the game and won't change any advanced (graphic) settings. I don't want to use default settings...

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2012
  6. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz
    where do u guys see what OpenGL version u have?
    cause i installed these here and it still shows OpenGL 4.2 in AIDA64..

Greetz BetA

7. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    It's OpenGL 4.2 for me too. Only the v305.xx developer drivers had 4.3.

8. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    No problems here. I changed the AA from 8Qx to 16Qx and resumed my autosave with no issues.

I do have a weird problem with Just Cause 2 and Saints Row The Third which are the only two games which fail to load at all from time. Well they start loading then exit to the desktop with no error. If I validate the cache then Steam redownloads the executables and I can play them. I've no idea why that happens but I suspected it might have had something to do with PerfectDisk 12.5 when it defrags my E: Steam folder. However, I've excluded both game directories from the defrag and I still get this error from time to time. Anyone else have this or is it just a perculiarity to my system?

9. AndyB

AndyB NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    GeForce GTX TITAN SLI
    Your Guild Wars 2 terrain issues are a result of the Ambient Occlusion profile addition - simply disable AO via the NVIDIA Control Panel.

- AndyB, NVIDIA

10. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz
    ahh, ok..good, i thought i did something wrong, cause it clearly stated in teh Release notes that it brings Open GL 4.3 for 400 series Cards..

Oh, well..THanks for teh Info, Darren :)

11. mysteriously

mysteriously Guest

Thanks for replay. I redownloaded whole JC2 on Steam and all the time I have this issue. It's playable for me only at default settings :( I have PerfectDisk 12.5 too. Last time I used it 2 months ago.

12. Improv

Improv Guest

GPU:
    Patriot 8gb DDR3 ram
    @ManuelG

Can you confirm if the next set will have GW2 improvements? Currently the AMD cards run the game better than Nvidia.

I am getting the most random FPS with my GTX 680. I can be at 60 frames then go down to 20-30 then 40 then 35 then 50 then 60 again. This is with me just running around in the world or panning my camera around.

Everytime this happens GPU usage plummets as well. I don't have this issue in any other game. Every benchmark and game runs the way it should but GW2 is just terrible.

13. wayzani_2003

wayzani_2003 Member

GPU:
    Asus strix 1080Ti
    Hello

I have update Darksider 2 today with the new patch for this game. Now when i activate the Ambien Occlusion in the control panel the game just freeze in the Menu. I have to make Alt F4. Yesterday the Ambiant Occlusion was working fine. I think the new patch broke the Ambiant Occlusion. Someone else have see this new problem ???

14. Headless Knight

Headless Knight Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti
    Well. TBH with you those drivers cause more problems than fix for those old cards. My 7600 GS wasn't stable at anything newer than 175.19 Beta which was released about 5 years ago.
    AMD no longer supports HD4000 series which is ridiculous considering HD4870 is still a very capable card compared to 6800 GT which is slower than current gen integarted GPUs.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2012
  15. NiColaoS

NiColaoS Master Guru

GPU:
    3060 12GB
    Clearly, they want to redirect you on Geforce site. There are business there, giant ads running etc, while forums are being considered outdated.

The 'hack' was good opportunity. There might be no hacking whatsoever.

16. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    I dont think that is the incentive and even if it was, people will always go to where they feel comfortable and have been comfortable wether here there or anywhere.

17. chrishathaway

chrishathaway Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX670 @ 1105/1645
    Good driver for me, much better on my GTX670 compared to 305.67 and 305.53, BF3 running smoother than ever, slightly higher frame rates but the smoothness seems to be spot on.

18. xoleras

xoleras Guest

GPU:
    msi lightning gtx 580 sli
    I am getting frequent crashes in CS:GO. This is beyond frustrating.

GTX 680 sli, 306.02 drivers. JESUS.

19. PowerK

PowerK Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 FE
    No. Only components I installed are :
    - nVIDIA Display Driver
    - PhysX
    - nVIDIA Update

20. BRLYSS3

BRLYSS3 Guest

GPU:
    Galaxy GTX 480 Super OC
    GW2 Rocks on Green!

I'm using the 305.68 WHQL all max setting except for Shadows - High not Ultra... I get lower than 60fps with Ultra.
    Other than that Over 60fps all the time @ 1080p

Just give it some time bro they will optimize the drivers in a few weeks.