306.02-desktop-win8-win7-winvista-64bit-international-beta

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by hanschke, Aug 27, 2012.

1. rewt

rewt Guest

GPU:
    Yes
    You're definitely onto something, because previous drivers caused my folding@home cores to crash. I haven't yet gotten the infamous "unknown_enum" error with this driver. Nice job Nvidia, I hope this holds up.

2. johnmambo

johnmambo Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX980
    Please, anyone tested those drivers with BF3 on the 500 series ? Any improvement ? Thanks.

3. Ade 1

Ade 1 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 690
    Post #159?

4. Masterblaster

Masterblaster New Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 880 GTS
    L4D2 started running like crap (20FPS when I would normally be above 100). I have a good gaming rig (bottom) and normally play with all settings on max. Now all my Steam games run like crap including CSGO.

I have an Nvidia card and have been running it with the most recent official drivers.
    Two days ago a new beta was released. I installed GeForce 306.02 Driver BETA and my FPS returned better than before.
    These games fly now.
    If you have Nvidia, give the beta a test drive.

(I could be wrong but a recent update of "Pay: The Heist" installed new PhysX System Software. I suspect this caused the slowdown but not sure)

OS MS Windows 7 64-bit
    CPU AMD Phenom II X6 1100T (Black Edition) Thuban 45nm Technology
    RAM 8.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 1600MHz
    Motherboard ASUSTeK M4A87TD/USB3 (AM3)
    Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480 1536 MB

5. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    BF3 runs nice no problems and smooth fps.

Planet side 2 now runs amazing but that could also be due to the last patch also.

guild wars 2 much better fps and higher gpu useage but AO doesn't seem to do anything when enabled in cp and I have flickering textures but might be my own issues.

Dark souls runs perfect 30fps at crazy res :)

:3

6. Ilya

Ilya Guest

GPU:
    GTX 780 SLI @ 1200/7000
    thx, will try when I get home

7. nick0323

nick0323 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus DUAL RTX2060S
    I haven't tested anything on the Source engine since the driver update. I'll test tonight after work and see if I experience any of these issues.

Though perhaps you could test with a Source engine that isn't multiplayer as to rule out your internet connection as the root cause? Portal 2 would be a good example.

8. johnmambo

johnmambo Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX980
    Yeah thanks, didnt see that post before posting.

9. rewt

rewt Guest

GPU:
    Yes
    Try reading his post again. To me, it sounded like these drivers solved his issues, and recommends them.

10. PowerK

PowerK Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 FE
    Just like previous betas, this 306.02 has 120fps limit problem (single GPU mode) in Counter Strike: Global Offensive.

Here's more detail.

I play CS:GO in "single GPU" mode for a few reasons.
    - CS:GO performance is good enough even with 560Ti in my second PC. Hence, I don't see running it in 4-GPU AFR2 mode.
    - To avoid possible input delay with SLI in competitive play. (If SLI does not indeed produce input delay, please enlighten me).

Now, that being said, CS:GO's default tick rate is 64Hz. Most public servers indeed run at this default tick rate which is 64.

However, some servers (more suitable for competitive play) run at 128Hz tick rate (64x2=128 and this is the maximum tick rate the engine supports)

Usually, CS:GO competitive players want to sync frames with tick rate. (ie. 64fps with 64tick and 128fps with 128tick). 128fps with 64tick is also good because you get two repeated frames for every single tick. The point is fps and tick must be in sync. (So people use "fps_max" console command to limit fps and keep them in sync with server's tick rate)

The problem I'm having with the recent nVIDIA drivers and GTX690s is because, for whatever reason, fps is capped at 120fps when I run CS:GO in single-GPU mode with GTX690. This is ok when I play on 64 tick rate servers but for 128 tick rate, I need 128 fps (or higher).

My second PC with GTX560Ti does not exhibit this 120fps cap problem.

11. Iruwen

Iruwen Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 670 FTW

Works fine for me, fix your system.

12. kakarot

kakarot Maha Guru

GPU:
    pny rtx 4090
    I'm full of surprises:) But someone at r3d also said it worked fine on the dell so it must be a 5 series problem. I've tried a few driver reinstalls and always have to drop back to 304.79. Weird it only affects 1600p on my setup:3eyes:

13. dnottis

dnottis Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SSC 970 GTX 4GB
    Do you have 3d drivers installed? Some people had issues with games forcing things because of this. I have a 120hz monitor and don't even install the 3d crap since I dont use it.

14. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    I played TDM 64player match - Canals map and it ran the same as 305.67, but i noticed it consumed more vram compared to 305.67, guess its because of higher shared system memory.

And i had to lower vram OC a bit, from 2250 to 2200mhz or i would get lower lowest fps spikes, at 2250mhz lowest 43-44fps, at 2200mhz lowest 52fps with smoother gameplay.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2012
  15. Sr7

Sr7 Master Guru

SLI shouldn't affect input delay negatively. The OS/driver will queue 3 frames when GPU-bound with or without SLI. But running in SLI will give a higher effective framerate, thus shortening the time you see each frame for, thus making the system Present() it's way through the frame queue faster, thus actually having less input delay.

16. Masterblaster

Masterblaster New Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 880 GTS
    I did test both L4D2 and CSGO with bots only. Ran like crap with the official driver and flies with this beta driver. Didn't seem to matter if SP or MP. Same result.

17. LesserHellspawn

LesserHellspawn Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080ti Eagle
    Driver is buggy on Guild Wars 2. Sometimes part of the surroundings become invisible. Back to 305.67.

18. Ilya

Ilya Guest

GPU:
    GTX 780 SLI @ 1200/7000

check my post on previous page.
    Is that the same bug you getting?

19. LesserHellspawn

LesserHellspawn Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080ti Eagle
    looks like it, yes.

20. seaplane pilot

seaplane pilot Guest

GPU:
    2080Ti Strix
    GTX680 works great for me, if I where you I would stop believing trolls and do some research :banana: