FFVII : PC Version

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by TenderSurrender, May 6, 2006.

1. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    What are your exact setting and or shadders you using. I Want to compare it to mine only problem i have with my settings is the shaders tend to blur the 3d textures just to remove jagges

2. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    I think you're over-estimating how much work is required. I actually doubt the originals are low-quality. Some scenes that used the in-game models could be replaced to give a more even feel to the cut-scenes. They spend a lot of time having to make loads of scenes for their games anyway. For such a title I don't think it's the difficulty level that's the problem. It's the scale that's holding it back.

The budget-price is very telling just how much effort they put in. :)

3. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I'm clearly not, and your budget price thing answers your own question about its worth.

If it wasn't much work then they it would of done it, the fact it hasn't means it needed alot of work that just wasn't cost productive to do.

4. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    http://www.joystiq.com/2012/08/05/final-fantasy-vii-pc-released-early-then-pulled/

5. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
  6. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    still say this release is absolutely pointless.

7. ElFishoIII

ElFishoIII Guest

I bought it and now have a legit working copy. Not even close to pointless.

Anyway, where the hell is this character booster?

8. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    A couple of comments from IGN -

9. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD 5650m (550/800)
    About as pointless as letting people know that you think it's pointless.

Any news whether it'd come to Steam?

10. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    FFVII was a very good game for its time - I enjoyed it immensely on my PS but then it was my first ever RPG - but now it just looks horribly dated and the random combat annoying. I watched a YouTube video of the start and the transition from OK-looking FMV to the pixellated bitmaps and sprites was very jarring which is a shame. It looked great back in 1996 though but then we had inferior quality and smaller sized cathode-ray tube TVs to disguise the flaws. I think this re-release could have done with an HD makeover and some tweaks to the gameplay myself, perhaps taking the opportunity to fix the many translation gaffs too. I would have bought it if it had.

11. Wanny

Wanny Guest

Honestly I replayed FF7 not so long ago and it was actually the only FF I was still able to beat without getting bored! It is still fun.

12. ElFishoIII

ElFishoIII Guest

It does look pretty bad, but it always kind of did. It's still fun, and still one of the best games ever made. It was also the last FF I ever played to completion.

None whatsoever but I can't see why it wouldn't.

13. Andrew LB

Andrew LB Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080@2,025
    If you want to play FF7 on PC, the only way to make it look have decent is by heavily modding the original PC version. Here is a short video I took a few minutes ago of my game. They pretty much re-do all textures, backgrounds, videos, character models, and add all sorts of shaders, processing effects, lighting, improved audio, and best of all... they actually fixed the bugs and crashes this game used to have.

http://youtu.be/RPt68eVe0P0?hd=1

Here is how you do the modding. All mods are also available in a huge torrent file.

http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=12008.0

14. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Looks better now although i did finish this when it was released on the ps1 way back in 1997,i couldnt go through it again,i know everything that is going to happen,once is enough for me,but i am going to go through FF10 which i never completed,gonna go through it on PCSX2 with 16xAnti aliasing:D

Game works great on ps2 emulator,theres also FFX-2 also....

15. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Didn't Square say they would never remake FF7? Doesn't that statement really kind of explain the whole purpose behind this re release? At what point does a game go from being made to work on a new system to being a remake. When they add, new hi res backgrounds, new character models, new story arcs, new content.

Square already said they would not do a remake so should anyone be surprised that the game is basically exactly the same with an added cheat option and some achievements?

16. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    They said (recently) they would never remake it until they felt they had surpassed the quality of it in the main series.

17. dope18

dope18 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Geforce GTX 570
    do

do the mods work on this recently released downloadable version?

18. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Haven't had a look myself but i think the best place to start could be the forums on the Square site where the re-release is hosted, just a thought but again haven't had a look yet.

19. dope18

dope18 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Geforce GTX 570
    looked

I really didn't not see much in terms of modding the downloadable version except a posting on changing the music

Honestly there is just WWAAYY too many mods for this game. Doesn't seem like it would be worth the time since you are more than likely to run into alot
    of glitches.

20. dope18

dope18 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Geforce GTX 570
    tried

tried the FF& remix patch...It does not "technically" work ( the remix basically just installs a SQUARE SOFT folder into your C: directory will all the modded files) ...BUT you can move those files into the SQUARE ENIX folder created by the downloadable version.

I managed to put in the higher version movies into the SQUARE ENIX folder with success. Not so much the DATA folder which I'm guessing contains the background textures with higher resolutions. Thats what I really want.