The Quest For Dark Souls On PC

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Final8ty, Jan 7, 2012.

1. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    How come there's never a Dislike button on the things that do have a Like option, not that I want to dislike what quote is referring to, just asking is all.

2. I can see where Wanny is coming from.. Although arrogant at times, I can be the same way.

But yeah, it really is meant to be played with a controller. If you haven't, you should do yourself a favor and do so.

The res fix (Thanks, Durante.) and a controller makes this game complete, IMO. ..Have no complaints.

Just remember, us signing that petition for a game that WASN'T going to be ported. We got our wish, but there's always people that manage to complain. I know, it'll always be that way.

3. MainframeTM

MainframeTM Member Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX Titan 6144MB
    Posts come across as hostile? Welcome to the internet.

Anyway, great game. Finally bought myself a xbox controller for it and am finding myself using it on other games. Great game been waiting for awhile to play it.

4. ThatDelirium

ThatDelirium Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD5850 1GB
    There is a ridiculous amount of lore and hints at what's going on, you need to speak to npcs multiple times to get all their lines and most of the item descriptions have some background story to them. It's definately there if you really look for it.

Of course there are still a lot of details left rather vague, but you can guess those looking back at all those hints and details.

5. Gromuhl'Djun

Gromuhl'Djun Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070ti
    I was looking for an excuse to get a controller, but once I got the hang of it, the keyboard and mouse controls I use aren't that bad. It really took some getting used to, that's for sure!
    I learned how to run when facing the Taurus demon :S
    It was impossible to beat without......

6. MrH

MrH Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    There's plenty of people who can post their opinion without coming off as aggressive.

7. DrD0ctor

DrD0ctor Master Guru

GPU:
    graphics unit
    Apologists will be apologists. If you don't love everything about their favorite game you're a hater/whiner/entitled/etc.

8. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    How dare you come into this thread and post something that makes sense. :nerd:

9. DrD0ctor

DrD0ctor Master Guru

GPU:
    graphics unit
    I just don't understand, yes the game is phenomenal, it's fantastic, but that does not mean it's flawless. How are bad mouse/keyboard controls forgivable? Sure controllers work but the primary input on a computer is the mouse/keyboard combo so it should work as expected. It's like having a game on Xbox that doesn't properly utilize it's primary input device aka the 360 controller. You don't expect a 360 owner to own a PS3 controller so I'm not sure why PC gamers are expected to own a game console controller, whether it's a good idea or not it's not required, and that's a perfectly justified reason to criticize the game or to not buy it.

10. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I'm usually quite aggressive, but Wanny seriously are you trying to tell us that this game actually looks great? it's easily passable as graphics that are not ruining the game, easily, I have no problem with the graphics, just don't tell me they actually look good because I'll laugh :)

11. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    we should not be surprised by numbers like this any more. someone levelled gw2 in some 32 hours to 80. I've put about 30 hours in and I'm lvl 24 in GW2. see, these people theorycraft a LOT before the game comes out, then they have people theorycrafting for them when it comes out, then they don't sleep for a few days and they rush insanely skipping a lot of content etc. plus these guys are really good at games on top of everything, because there's no way I'd finish this in 28 hours, nor would I ever kill Diablo on inferno on hardcore etc. I just enjoy my games, that's it :)

12. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    yeah, it's a 8/10 game max because it's a really bad port and it looks like a dog. Combat is clumsy as well. All in all, it's no MGS4. not by a million miles :)

13. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I think I'm on the edge of giving up on this game as I'm on the lava level (Lost Izalith) and the boss there is an absolute b*****d. Died about 20 times, mostly being hit through the holes in the floor, even though this boss has checkpoints. It's annoying to have to keep backtracking then getting killed after 10 seconds of starting the fight again. I think I'll have a rest from this game and play something less stressful like Darksiders II, which actually seems oddly relaxing after Dark Souls.

14. Wanny

Wanny Guest

You can't give up on Dark Souls. It's gonna haunt you until you finish it once. True story. :)

15. Daftshadow

Daftshadow Maha Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3080
    going against my judgement, i'm not into japanese developer games from companies like Namco Bandai, dark souls is terrrrrrible.

16. Raiga

Raiga Maha Guru

GPU:
    GPU
    No sleep from past two days (and work...aaaaaaaaaa)...

1. I started up with a knight, played some time...
    2. Restarted with Pyro, played some time
    3. Again restarted with another Pryo and planning to complete the game with it

--

How do you get the cracked red eye orbs?, I exhausted the 4 I had (invading other peoples game :D successfully) <- I apologize if I interrupted games for anyone of you

Last edited: Aug 28, 2012
  17. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    You get five cracked red orbs for each playthrough I believe unless you go with Kathee instead of Frampt. :)

http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/Darkwraith

EDIT: Also yeah Izalith was a real problem with that boss there but I managed in about five tries.
    (First three was due to being knocked over ground which then immediately collapsed, fourth one I was killed after destroying both those little wards and thus powering up the boss fully and the fifth one I missed the jump by a bit.)

Took out the Hellkite Wyvern now on New Game+, was worth about 50.000 souls this time but that battle is really annoying.
    (Dragonslayer bow and arrows or Gough's variants of these really helped.)

18. cjs007

cjs007 Maha Guru

GPU:
    E.V.G.A. 460 / 1gig
    Is there a 1080p fix out there?

I am going to play it with my controller so don't care about mouse fix.
    Just need high resolution.
    I was going to buy a PS3 just to play this masterpiece.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2012
  19. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
  20. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    Tbh need to buy this game for pc my ps3 version guy is around lvl 300 if i remember correctly could check again for shizz but :D

This game has frikkin great art style and pretty good gfx, bit sad they couldn't up the ante for this pc release but what can you do with limited budget and not really releasing stuff for pc that often.