306.02-desktop-win8-win7-winvista-64bit-international-beta

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by hanschke, Aug 27, 2012.

1. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    Single GPU or SLI?

2. bummerman

bummerman Master Guru

GPU:
    7970 tri-crossfire
    this driver is no good for 690-quad

3. charliehamster

charliehamster Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX-1070
    Single GPU

4. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    I saw that report before but could not repro or understand exactly the issue with the build we have. What exactly is your issue?

5. shadowflame

shadowflame Member

GPU:
    1070gtx 2100@1.093
    ManuelG, Greetings! May i ask you a question - will there be any optimisations made in upcoming driver versions for Planetside 2 and Dota 2? I know, that dota 2 is based on source engine, but anyway... And what driver is better for these games?
    Cheers!

6. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    OpenGL caps viewer 1.17 says they're still openGL 4.2

OpenGL 4.2 (GeForce GTX 570/PCIe/SSE2 with 299 ext.)

7. Varna

Varna Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 690GTX
    I'm still getting fairly bad frame-rate in Guild Wars 2 with my 690 GTX. Or maybe my expectations are just a bit unrealistic.

Is anyone getting a consistent 60 FPS @ 1080p everything set to max (I mean in most situations, since some things can just get too crazy in this game)? I'm also getting some text and icon glitches with SLI enabled.

Oh yeah, this is with an SSD and i5-2500k @ 4.6 ghz

Last edited: Aug 27, 2012
  8. Uncle Dude

Uncle Dude Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Single GTX 680/2600K - game installed on an OCZ Vertex 3 ssd here.

I believe he's referring to the stuttering that occurs only during in-game daylight hours, and is especially noticeable while turning. For most, it seems, there is no drop in framerate (mine stays at 60fps), and gpu utilization is nowhere near maxed. There's a thread about it in the Steam Sleeping Dogs forum, and no common thread has been found. Of course, it may not be a driver issue at all.

In an attempt to troubleshoot, I tried disabling hyperthreading, and installed four different gpu drivers (the two most recent WHQLs and 2 betas) to no avail. My cpu has been at stock frequency.

The only fix I've found has been to run the game in a window and set AO to normal, while AA is on high and everything else is maxed. The game is very smooth this way, but as soon as I go fullscreen and/or set AO to high, the stutters return.

I'll be happy to help troubleshoot if you have any recommendations. Thanks!

9. Omnicurse

Omnicurse Guest

GPU:
    2Way SLI EVGA GTX 670's
    I'm a little bit concerned with this

Legacy Support Notification: GeForce 6-series and GeForce 7-series GPUs will be moved to legacy support after GeForce R304 drivers. GeForce R310 drivers (the next major family of drivers) will not support these products.

They're talking about cards like the 6800 etc right?..

Back on topic anyways. Was this intended to be the next release? Because as far as i can tell its a copy paste of everything that's been in 304.79, and the only difference is the 660 and 660TI cards were added to it, and the driver version number was changed. Correct me if i am wrong, but i see no differences, or improvements that will effect the 670/680/690 cards that i didn't already see in 304.48 and 304.79

10. wsgroves

wsgroves Guest

Any ideas when/if a working SLI profile for Dark Souls is in the works?

11. Brygard2008

Brygard2008 Member

GPU:
    PNY 570GTX
    Just checked and there are indeed broken:download:,can't use Power Director 10 to work on my videos to edits due to constant freezes.

I had to revert back to 301.42 to get the acceleration back again:bang:.

12. yosef019

yosef019 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti
    With normal aa in some areas I have 99 gpu usage
    And of course my CPU hold me back
    I'm going buy ivy i5 k

13. Omnicurse

Omnicurse Guest

GPU:
    2Way SLI EVGA GTX 670's
    Lol please dont fill out driver feedback guys, you might push the date back further... Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. Kidding

14. yosef019

yosef019 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti
    I'm using Corel for now

15. rewt

rewt Guest

GPU:
    Yes
    I'm no longer having ghosting problems with 1080p flash videos. Not sure if it was updated flash or these drivers that fixed it.

Ha, same here, good catch. No wonder we had our doubts considering OpenGL developer drivers were a higher branch.

16. yosef019

yosef019 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti
    When you put movie in power director edit tabs and try play the video it's says rendering forever
    I will upload video when I make with this driver and 301.42

17. calderes

calderes Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX680 2Gb +170/+500
    I'm currently using 305.67's but I will try the 306 when I get home. As for Sleeping Dogs (it stuttered really badly at first (not now though) but it may have been because of extreme aa and I hadn't used a frame limiter yet)
    I have i7 930 @ 4.3 HT off, gtx680 and Sleeping dogs installed on SSD (hella fast samsung 830? 8something)

For me, high quality motion blur drops my vsync frames from 60 to ~50 in high speed driving. Normal motion blur allows steady 60fps with vsync. I also use evga precision x to limit fps to 60. (no in game frame cap) and I use the lowest in game AA and then inject SMAA and downsample using 1440 on 1080p lcd. It's true that the frame rate doesn't really matter, because there can still exist stuttering at 60 fps but I no longer have any serious stuttering with these settings.

There a few tiny stutters, but mostly it plays really really well. An example of a tiny stutter is in the apartment which you start with initially, panning the camera in a circle will produce a tinny stutter every time I pan past the kitchen...don't know why.

Now if we could just disable the high speed driving 'effect' that feels like stuttering...

BTW if you get a crash to desktop (some say with a speaker pop- I also had speaker pop) try running in windowed mode until you get past the part that crashed - then back to fullscreen. I got through a repeating crash at the wedding that way. (I do not use, nor require windowed mode for stutterless play - just used it once to avoid a crash).

18. VisitorX

VisitorX Member

GPU:
    Evga GTX 1080
    should i install this new driver over my old one by starting the setup or deinstall my old driver first ??
    i ask because when i install a new driver via setup from the newer one automaticly it deinstalls the older one and i dont know if thats so clean like when i do it the manual way..

19. blesner

blesner Guest

GPU:
    MSI Nvidia GTX 690
    Still no profile for Prototype 2 :(

20. marcosamerio

marcosamerio Master Guru

GPU:
    ZOTA NVIDIA 1060
    Looks promising