NVidia Anti-Aliasing Guide (updated)

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Cyberdyne, Jan 29, 2012.

1. bloodindark

bloodindark Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080 TI
    amazing spiderman sgssaa flag 0x004110C1 be careful because it lowers the fps !

2. bloodindark

bloodindark Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080 TI
    transformers sgssaa flag 0x000012C1

3. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    0x00000245 seems to work well with 4xMSAA/4xSGSAA here as I just copied the War for Cybertron profile which already had that flag. I'm using the Unreal Engine 3 SLI flag as well which seems to work fine.

4. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Well done! I was playing around with getting a working flag earlier this week but the closest I got was 0x00401045 which worked fine except when Spider-Man was swinging around then the graphics turned into a psychedelic untextured mess.

I have not been able to find a good SLI flag either which would certainly help offset the performance hit from forcing AA.

5. bloodindark

bloodindark Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080 TI
    the spiderman flag isnt good anymore i am in town and i lose lightning effects etc:( also anyone know a flag dor DARK SOULS?

6. yosef019

yosef019 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti
    why i cant put x16 aa in galaxy on fire 2?

7. sparrow1911

sparrow1911 Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 750 Ti 2GB
  8. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    Try forcing without flags. It may not need it.

Also: That resolution fix apparently breaks tutorial messages.
    I wouldn't be surprised if performance suffered either considering the game still has minor slowdown at sub-720p

What's your FPS and GPU usage like with that?

Also from the looks of it, the background DOF looks weird at high res. Probably because low buffer resolution designed around 720p. But still I guess it is some sort of improvement.

I feel bad for FromS honestly all the people complaining about them as if FromS could've done this when they probably and honestly could not. Because if the broken tutorial messages part is true, who knows what other stuff it could've broken during testing. Not to mention if Framerates take a slide the higher the resolution, people would have complained and cried anyway if it was there in the first place!

9. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    messages are fixed for me in version 0.2

10. scitek

scitek Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 670 FTW
    The broken messages were fixed this morning, and I can downsample from 3200x1800 and not experience any slowdown whatsoever. No idea if the framerate will ever be unlocked or not.

11. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    Well it's good that it was fixed. But I dont' care if the Framerate ever gets unlocked.
    Game was designed around 30FPS. I'd rather keep it that way personally.

Plus, if you run into slowdown in Blighttown, I'd imagine the drops down to below 20 would be a lot less annoying from 30 than dropping all the way from 60.

Either way if it does get unlocked without breaking the game. Then good for those who want it. :)

12. wasteomind

wasteomind Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3
    That flag does create odd glowing outlines on the character models when viewed against certain post processing effects like the liquid energon pools/falls or glowing energy beams. It isn't a big deal because its appearance is limited.

However I have to ask, when using 4x SGSSAA with that flag on Fall of Cybertron, do you feel as though the image is a bit too "soft"? It is almost if it is blurred, but it looks crystal clear. It is hard to explain. I haven't tried with the 0x000012C1 flag which I think works on this UE3 engine game, and is more of a SGSSAA flag.

Just wanted to know if I was seeing things, is a product of this flag with SGSSAA, or if it is a feature of a post processing filter that is in the game already?

EDIT also, which drivers had a profile for War/Fall of Cybertron? I've always had to make my own profiles for these games because they never seem to be included in the drivers?

13. utilizer

utilizer Guest

GPU:
    MSI 660GTX Twin Frozr OC
    You are right about DOF. Author of this fix for Dark Souls are currently working on fixing the DoF effect but with no ETA on that.

As for the performance with High Resolution fix...I personally do not have a performance loss apart the game auto lock FPS at 30. Everything is fine on my RIG.

PS. HighRes DSfix blog page - www.blog.metaclassofnil.com

edit:
    DSfix 0.4 is out :) DoF was fixed.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2012
  14. utilizer

utilizer Guest

GPU:
    MSI 660GTX Twin Frozr OC
    Also, I want to ask about "Sleeping Dogs". I know it uses directx10/11, but it is possible to force AA in NVIDIA Inspector to have different values? In game it applies FXAA+1x2/2x2 SSAA with very high performance loss...
    Or we can force AA in Inspector, through different compatibility flags, only for dx9 games?

Also, is it possible to somehow turn off "Screen space ambient occlusion" in drivers so the game can't apply it? In "Sleeping Dogs" SSAO is on by default with no possibility to turning it off...

15. Birdy62

Birdy62 Active Member

GPU:
    Asus 680 GTX
    well, every game i tested is working quite well, except Riddick, escape of butcher bay due to the new open gl driver i think...

EDIT - wrong post, sry. speaking about the 305.67 drivers

16. psyside

psyside Master Guru

GPU:
    7950 @1150/6000
    Not a single injector works for me in any game except BF3 FML!

Tried, Crysis, Crysis Warhead, Crysis 2, The Witcher 2.

17. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    You can use In Game FXAA + your own Downsampling. Or inject FXAA/SMAA and your own downsampling. From what i've seen, the SS they use in SD isn't very good.

See a comparison of injected FXAA+OGSSAA etc On this post I made on another forum : http://forums.exophase.com/threads/post-your-screenshots-56k-warning.17909/page-17#post-223292

You can always try to Force MSAA and stuff without flags with this game. People always ask about flags, but many games work without them.
    You can also test yourself by copy pasta working DX10/11 bits and using trial and error.

Dark Souls DOF: I'm glad that got fixed!

Eurogamer has an article up about this (before DOF fix) and they show performance loss at 1080p on a lower end PC. But they said they got none with a higher end right running a 6870(Or was it a 6870? can't remember)

Has anyone managed to brute force MSAA or anything in Dark Souls yet? With flags/without flags? Perhaps try the flags for Dirt or Grid? Those games run on the same Engine as Dark Souls (Although split off so they can improve things specific for their needs as racing games and what not http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neon_Engine)

Can't Get injector to work. Crysis 2 already has FXAA in the game, type "r_PostMSAAEdgeFilterNV = (0,1,2)" into an Autoexec.cfg or into console while running. Value "2" is sharper than "1" IIRC. Or the other way around(I'm pretty sure it's FXAA or something like that, only works if you have the ingame AA active IIRC)
    If that isn't what you want, have you tried Driver FXAA??

In Crysis and Crysis Warhead you MUST Put DXGi.DLL in Crysis/bin32 and the rest of the files in /crysis main directory for DX10

It should be the same for DX9, but I wouldn't know. I have not tried it.

18. frankgom

frankgom Guest

GPU:
    2 x NVIIDA GTX 780ti SLI
    antialiasing compatibility bits for dark souls
    0x004000C0 tested to work with sgssaa, ogssaa

anyone has any sli compatiblity bits for dark souls???
    any sli, AA bits for guild wars 2??

19. utilizer

utilizer Guest

GPU:
    MSI 660GTX Twin Frozr OC
    frankgom,
    for Dark Souls SLI try using Race Driver Grid flags (same game engine) - 0x02004005...maybe it will work)

MrBonk,
    yeah...i know about downsampling and fxaa/smaa injectors) Using those all the time.

As for Sleeping Dogs, this game just need to be patched...SSAO kills my FPS during day. And what they were thinking?!..SSAO does not turn off at all!! Plus it looks ugly. I'll just wait till they optimized the game a little bit...

Last edited: Aug 28, 2012
  20. utilizer

utilizer Guest

GPU:
    MSI 660GTX Twin Frozr OC
    Try this. It works very nice...even with plain MSAA :)