The Quest For Dark Souls On PC

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Final8ty, Jan 7, 2012.

1. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Man, my visuals in the game not even close to those images below u guys. Y? Because of that i refuse to play the game :(

2. Major Melchett

Major Melchett Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 280X @ 1100/1500
    Are you using the fix posted earlier to bypass the internal resolution lock?.
    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=488240
    If not, you should as it improves the graphics, if you use it or are already using it be sure to set up a nice high res for downsampling (read the instructions on how in the fix).

Last edited: Aug 25, 2012
  3. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Managed to ring the second bell last night after finding my way through the (IMO) confusing maze that is Blighttown to its lower swamp level and then out to confront a rather nasty lava-spewed spider and then even nastier octopus-like thing that lived in the lava! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEK! I lost 21,000 Souls at one point, the most so far, against these huge werewolf like creatures on the way to a temple.

Jeez, this game is ruthlessly brutal but it's hard not to keep pushing on. Got invaded twice yesterday too although I was the victor both times. Serves 'em right! :)

4. Wanny

Wanny Guest

Anyway guys Durante just fixed the low res DOF. He will release the fix today. :banana:

5. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    yeah i use it. but well, didnt read whole instruction ..lame me. thanx for the warning man.

6. drewho

drewho Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090
    i really don't get this game at all, seems like they just took all the most frustrating things about consoles and made a game out of it.

7. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
  8. Wanny

Wanny Guest

No more low res distant backgrounds. :)

[​IMG]

Dark Souls PC saved! Huzzah!

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2012
  9. Stukov

Stukov Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6970/4870X2 (both dead)
    I installed the .4 fix and since it was in windowed mode I changed it to fullscreen. I closed the game because my gamepad wasnt hooked up, went to restart it and now I can't ever get the game to start (just stops responding). I've tried reinstalling the fix, repairing the game, and still no fix. Anyone got an idea?

10. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    have you tried restarting the game without the fix, then later with fix ?

11. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Those screenshots look awesome!!

12. Stukov

Stukov Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6970/4870X2 (both dead)
    Yeah, I've tried it without the fix and still crashes on startup.

Edit* fixed, had to have GFWL marketplace running in background.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2012
  13. Stukov

Stukov Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6970/4870X2 (both dead)
    I got the game to work now, but the in game is a tiny box in the left hand corner of the screen with gray everywhere else (hud is same).

14. Major Melchett

Major Melchett Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 280X @ 1100/1500
    Have you disabled the ingame AA etc.

15. Stukov

Stukov Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6970/4870X2 (both dead)
    That worked.

16. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    It's a known issue and mentioned in the readme for that utility, the AA is a blur filter anyway it would seem so it's better to use supersampling (Well downsampling actually.) by setting a greater resolution than native, usually 2x or maybe even 1.5x for this effect. :)

The game is a bit wonky at times and so you might see performance degradation during heavy particle effects but it should usually stay around 30 at least until someone manages to solve it so the frame cap can be properly unlocked. :D
    (Without doubling the game speed, if at all possible.)

Beat the new content for the PC version, missing a few items but I think I did nearly everything, overall those areas wasn't actually that hard but a few bosses took a number of attempts before being defeated.
    (Then again there's three or so areas left until I've completed the entire game and I have most of the equipment you can get from a single playthrough so I'm quite prepared albeit higher stats would still be of use but the souls cost now makes that rather difficult until New Game+ mode.)

17. Wanny

Wanny Guest

My current look. (staying below 50% weight)

[​IMG]

18. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    looks good. makes you wonder what the devs were doing :/

19. Wanny

Wanny Guest

It looks amazingly detailed with all the low resolution bullcrap removed. The artists actually made incredible textures LOL! Oh man...

[​IMG]

20. handakes

handakes Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Gainward GTX 670
    hey guys,excuse the noob question but, what is down-sampling exactly? (already googled it, but can't see how it connects with Dark souls or gaming in general).. how much will it improve my experience?..

i have 8gb ram, GTX 670 and Core i5 3570 K...so i think my rig can take a punch alright..just want to know how to get the best image possible since i already finished the game twice on xbox..and now i am hunting for the good old Graphics with a rifle :D