so why buy the 6xx series ? (august '12)

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by The Alias, Aug 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lycronis

Lycronis Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970 G1
    Oh please! Get over yourself. I'm not going to do the easy work for you. You know the truth, whether you choose to except it is YOUR problem. It's really funny that nobody else has brought up the question. I wonder why that is? Bottom line, I understand that you feel the need to think that you are important, but you clearly have NO idea about anything you are talking about. Prove me wrong, I DARE you! And I'm not talking about one or two lame ass links. Show me real, substantial proof to discredit anything I've said. Good luck with that.

2. Black Mesa

Black Mesa Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 560SE 1gb
    When you are the one claiming sensational BS such as "nearly any developer will tell you that they have had a much better experience working with Nvidia compared to AMD." then the onus is on you to back up yourself cause I am not you're mom.

3. crap daddy

crap daddy Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX960 SSC
    What the hell is with this thread?
    The Alias has posted the exact same text and thread at Anandtech.
    Are you some AMD marketing rep.?
    This is how AMD is promoting their products, by registering on tech sites and preaching the advantages of their products in NVidia part of the forum?

4. Lycronis

Lycronis Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970 G1
    Keep drinking the Kool Aid.

5. Black Mesa

Black Mesa Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 560SE 1gb
    So you say drink coolaid after you claim "nearly any developer will tell you that they have had a much better experience working with Nvidia compared to AMD." how about some LINKS PLEASE. Which developers you say nearly any ok LINK PLEASE.

6. The Alias

The Alias Guest

GPU:
    onboard
    no I wish I had a tech job I'm just asking question

7. IKnowJack

IKnowJack Guest

GPU:
    GTX470
    why buy nvidias xxx card over amds xxx card?

..simple...

fully functional OpenGL... amd's opengl implentation is many years behind

8. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    OP is doing his marketing on the other site right now, expect him back here in a few. viral marketing is a tough job

9. crap daddy

crap daddy Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX960 SSC
    At least he could have changed his name. Wonder why AMD has such bad marketing...

10. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    The driver team is also the marketing team...

11. The Alias

The Alias Guest

GPU:
    onboard
    I'm not an amd rep and like I said before why can't I ask the same question to multiple communities ?

12. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    lmao, there was one viral marketer pedalling BD cpu`s. He had the same screen name for like 15 websites including here.:wanker:

13. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Actually the way I read the OP was he admitted that Nvidia was more power efficient and that they trade blows with one another in raw performance. I think his main point is why would you suggest Nvidia over AMD with the new pricing. My answer is easy though AMD's drivers are getting better they are still not on par with Nvidia.

14. Lycronis

Lycronis Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970 G1
    Notice how you are the ONLY one that is trying so hard to make a case? I wonder why that is? Sorry dude, you lose no matter how you try to dress it up. I don't need to provide any links. As I said before, there is PLENTY of proof out there, just do a simple search about it. The Physx subject alone is enough to show how uniformed you are so why should anyone consider your opinion? To be honest, I'm finished trying to discuss anything with you because you obviously refuse to listen with any common sense. As far as I'm concerned, you can continue to live in your little, clueless bubble and continue to spread mis-information. I won't bother responding to your drivel anymore.

15. The Alias

The Alias Guest

GPU:
    onboard

16. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    I'm looking to buy a card in around two weeks, hadn't it been for borderlands 2 PhysX i would have probably went 7970 lightning, a classic imo.
    Arma 3 has physX too, sweet candy for us graphics hos'.

17. Lycronis

Lycronis Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970 G1
    Dude seriously, why are you trying so hard to make it look like AMD is superior? If you think it's true then why all the talk? Just get an AMD card. Seems pretty simple to me. Nothing you post is going to change the opinions of those who prefer Nvidia. It just seems like you are trying very hard to piss people off. Honestly, from your first post it was obvious that you either wanted to start a flame war or that you had already made up your mind to go with AMD.

18. The Alias

The Alias Guest

GPU:
    onboard
    besides sli and physX (which imo is a very small factor) I just don't see the reason to buy nvidia

19. Lycronis

Lycronis Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970 G1
    Then don't. If AMD offers what you want, then what's the issue?

20. The Alias

The Alias Guest

GPU:
    onboard
    people who don't even use those things look up to nvidia as so superior when in reality they are not amd offers more perf per dollar a beter oc'ing experience and yet people still revel in power metrics that don't really have an impact on their daily lives and harp on noise and temp levels when there are a myriad of non ref coolers to choose from that don't even cost more money !

Last edited: Aug 24, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.