Counter Strike Global Offensive :Pre-Purchase Available

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by volors, Aug 7, 2012.

1. Major Melchett

Major Melchett Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 280X @ 1100/1500
    For what it is, yes it's pretty dam good - it's just lacking in content at the moment (but it will get more as time goes on).

I'm loving it for 1 thing, actully being able to play some proper demolition mode in the proper vanilla setup. It's dam hard to find decent vanilla servers on CSS (it's why i stopped playing it), but with this having comp casual and comp classic i'm in hogs heaven.

2. saud1

saud1 Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 570
    i stopped playing CS: Source bcuz i was damn bored. i used to play 5 v 5 all day & night but than gradually my fellows started playing CoD LoL WoW and @ the end none cared about CS Source
    ill get my hands on GO and will post some High Res Shots
    later

3. Gaizokubanou

Gaizokubanou Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970
    Got it... it feels weird to play a CS with music in the main menu and controller setting in the option XD

Everything feels like good old CS except turning on Vsync rapes the game performance (game pauses for split second about every 3 seconds).

4. proliferazor

proliferazor Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7950
    This seems more like a 5$ steam sale purchase. Just not enough here for even the 15$ asking price. If you don't already own CSS then go for it otherwise not so much.

5. DrD0ctor

DrD0ctor Master Guru

GPU:
    graphics unit
    I enjoy this title more than CSS but that's just me

6. Major Melchett

GPU:
    R9 280X @ 1100/1500
    I don't have anything like that.

I have my game set to 2560x1440 (for downsampling), 8xMSAA, 16xAF (forced HQ/Clamp etc in CP) and everything set to max in game. With ths and Vsync on i get a constant 59 fps (forced to 59 for the input lag), i've never had any freezes.

Very strange indeed.

7. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    How does the game compare to the previous CS Source?

Upload a few screens if possible, thanks.

8. Major Melchett

GPU:
    R9 280X @ 1100/1500
    As requested (i actully installed CSS for you :D).

Just Dust as an example if that's OK, i took 5 shots in each version (spoilers used to reduce forum clutter).
    --
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    -
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    -
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    -
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    -
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    ---
    Links for auto browser resizing (if you want it).
    CSGO1-CSS1
    CSGO2-CSS2
    CSGO3-CSS3
    CSGO4-CSS4
    CSGO5-CSS5

As you can see, there is actully quite a difference in how they look (and this is one of the wost looking maps IMO). I have no idea how some people say it looks no better than CSS (yep, i've actully read that).

I'll keep CSS installed if you want another map to compair (not to many mind :)). But the difference is just as big in each, so i recon you can tell how much better they'd all look from the above pics.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2012
  9. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    Your version looks better than mine for some reason. The textures on mine suck ass.

10. Major Melchett

GPU:
    R9 280X @ 1100/1500
    It could be to do with settings, mine are resized 2560x1440 (to 1600x900) pics with 8xMSAA.

11. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    Many thanks for posting some screens, appreciated.

It looks similar to CS Source only slightly better graphics and many more weapons to choose from...

I'll purchase the game shortly from Steam...

12. Gaizokubanou

Gaizokubanou Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970
    Indeed. I wonder if it's AMD side of bug or my PC just going wankers on me.

13. volors

volors Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1070
    Since i am playing CS from long time , i just dont like the movement as compared to css or cs 1.6, and everything is slow ,weapon switch ,when you are throwing grenade you can feel it,you clicked the mouse and still the grenade is in your hand , weapon fire is ok .

I think with time it will mature and the issues will fixed.

14. BigBlockTowncar

BigBlockTowncar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX970 SC
    I liked having a server browser. We were getting lag on a few different servers last night. Had to vote kick 150+ ping players and that seemed to fix it.

I haven't played CS much in the past six or seven years, so getting back into it with people who have been playing that whole time is tough. Especially when coming from BF3.

The UI and layout is definitely more modern than the CSS one.

It looks pretty good, much better than CSS, but some of the weapon models are not very good at all. I'm hoping people will make some better stuff for it.

Right now, the movement feels a little off, not sure what it is though...and the sound mix is WAYY off. The game is so loud, I have my in game master volume set to .01 which is the lowest. It really screws up my ventrilo settings because I have to turn my sound way up, or turn ventrilo way up. It gets annoying when you go and play DayZ or something where you can't have your friends blabbing away when you are getting shot at.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2012
  15. Major Melchett

GPU:
    R9 280X @ 1100/1500
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2012

16. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    I'm using 16XQ AA, it's just the textures were really bad on the hands and stuff. Seems to be fixed after a verify game files though.

17. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    As with any CS, people often forget 1.6 had more then a decade to mature and CSS was a pile of crap on release, far worse then GO is now.

18. slick3

slick3 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    What do you guys think of the AWP, it appears there's a delay between you coming to a full stop, to you actually shooting for an accurate shot ! I thought my shots weren't registering at first !

How are you guys' K/D ratio looking like under stats ?

Last edited: Aug 26, 2012
  19. BigBlockTowncar

BigBlockTowncar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX970 SC
    I wasn't expecting the map suite to be so lacking.

Why wasn't that stuff included?

Militia, estate, backalley, assault, vegas, compound, 747, siege, cobble? Those were all classic maps and they are missing

20. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    Hi everyone!

So i´ve bought the game because i love CS and i´ve been trying to enjoy CS:GO but i can´t because the game is always crashing after 10 minutes playing it... Then it appears and message on steam saying "The game is currently unavailable (application running).

I´ve already looked on google for a fix for this problem and the only thing i could find was to set the CPU affinity to only two cores but the game keeps crashing...

Does anyone knows a solution for this problem?

Thanks in advance!