What happened to nvidia drivers? Quality going downhill? And their forum?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by xoleras, Aug 21, 2012.

1. xoleras

xoleras Guest

GPU:
    msi lightning gtx 580 sli
    Okay, so nvidia used to have a forum dedicated to being a community for nvidia users - people could report bugs and share their experiences.

As we all know their forums were hacked a while back, and they promised to return shortly after. As far as I can tell, it has been months. This kinda sucks because i'd like to report issues with the most recent beta drivers - I get graphical corruption in DOTA2, inability to alt tab from ANY assassins creed game (it will crash with 304.79 upon alt tabbing) crashes in Counterstrike global offensive, and messed up SLI performance in TSW (although i'm sure they're aware of this), messed up SLI in Secret Dogs, and it would be nice to report these issues.

Are nvidia driver quality going the way of AMD? I'm sick of not being able to play Counter Strike: GO with 304.79. I am not modding drivers, i've tried modding the INF on the 660ti driver with no luck. Furthermore, I shouldn't have to mod drivers, this crap should work. I bought nvidia because they're supposed to have good drivers right? What gives? These drivers are not good .

Last edited: Aug 21, 2012
  2. xoleras

xoleras Guest

GPU:
    Whats hilarious is that AMD has a working xfire profile for sleeping dogs, but current 670/680 users can get f*'ed I guess? What the hell is going on?

3. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    nVidia have a SLI profile for sleeping dogs too.

4. xoleras

xoleras Guest

GPU:
    As far as I can tell there is a profile in the new GTX 660 ti driver, yet when I play using 304.79 SLI isn't properly utilized. I get very bad sli usage.

As you know, the 660ti driver isn't usable on the 670/680.

5. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    I have this SLI profile with the official beta 304.79. I think nvidia update is what has incorporated it.
    But since most people disable it... most people wont have the update.

Im currently downloading the game.
    Ill come back tell my experience with SLI with my GTX 690

6. nick0323

nick0323 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus DUAL RTX2060S
    Hmm beta drivers your using, I wouldn't and never have expected anything from beta drivers.

It's been 3 months now I guess, 22nd May was the last releast date for WHQL drivers. I am aware that beta drivers are basically full drivers without the paid for Microsoft certification but they do tend to break things, my video quality sucks compared to the last WHQL.

The drivers will undoubtedly be released when nvidia consider them ready, or when Microsoft stop pretending they have a killer OS. And the forum will be ready when nvidia are certain it's hack (no-life) proof.

7. xoleras

xoleras Guest

GPU:
    The issue is, 301.42 doesn't fix all the issues and introduces the vsync stuttering bug. That was a big bug with 301.42 WHQL that many users suffered from, and is why I switched to 304.79. The vsync microstutter goes away with 304.79, but I get other game breaking bugs.

Pick your poison I guess? Either way things aren't working properly. I expect better than this from nvidia.

8. Spets

Spets Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    No issues with Dota2 or Cs:go, but I'm on a single card.

9. anthonyda

anthonyda Member

GPU:
    470 GTX SOX
    Sleeping dogs developers didn't give nVidia the proper resources to build a proper drivers for the game, unlike AMD.
    So now that the game has been released, nVidia can start working on it. The only ones to blame here are the game devs/publisher for refusing nVidia help before the game release to build proper drivers.

10. Black Mesa

Black Mesa Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 560SE 1gb
    If you think AMD drivers are bad now in day's then you clearly have not used an AMD card recently in fact AMD has had really nice drivers for years now.

11. xoleras

xoleras Guest

GPU:
    Which driver are you using and how extensively have you played them? I have been able to reproduce constant crashing in CS: GO with 304.79 which -completely- goes away with 301.42 - but I get Vsync hitching with 301.42.

To note I play CS:GO/dota 2 for long extended periods. Right now I'm having to live with vsync microstutter and 301.42. 304.79 crashes every time in SLI, and when using the spectator chat in DOTA 2 I get weird graphical glitches. That also goes away with 301.42.

But then - like I said earlier - 301.42 has the vsync microstutter bug. Its a no win situation.

I'm really frustrated right now. CS:GO release version is coming out today, and bugs that are forgivable with a beta game will not be forgivable with a release game. I enjoy CS:GO a lot and hope a new driver fixes this stuff soon.

12. Spets

Spets Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Play those two currently a lot. Using 304.79 as well.
    Tried disabling SLI?

13. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    have you tried the 305 ones ?

14. xoleras

xoleras Guest

GPU:
    I will try that and see what happens. I guess I should have thought of that previously, I simply assumed that wouldn't cause the issues with CS:GO /dota 2

15. xoleras

xoleras Guest

GPU:
    I tried a modded INF but it was a no go. I get a hardware not found error - as far as I can tell the driver is only for the 660ti. BTW this is on MSI lightning GTX 680 in sli. Is there another modded INF that works?

Thanks, i'll also look around and try this.

16. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
  17. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    tbh, nvidia have been releasing average drivers at a slow rate for ages now, all this talk how people should go with nvidia over amd because the drivers are better are a thing of past.

18. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    304.79 still have the vsync bug. it was just fix for some games titles.

19. SSJBillClinton

SSJBillClinton Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX4090 MSI GX Trio
    304.79 most certainly do not have the Vsync bug with a single 680.

20. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    I checked 660TI review @ geforce.com and that NV PR guy or what ever he is, said there will be a big surprise regarding vsnyc in the next few weeks/months.

Maybe they will implement that new frame timing algorithm (vsync), I checked for source but can't find it atm, it was mentioned once @ nvidia forums..