Sapphire HD 7870 OC crash with black screen and sound loop

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by Zahlokhnir, Jun 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. terryble

terryble Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 670

Yes becoz it cuts 20% of the card's performance~~
    u can try down clock ur card (some say 998mhz some say 950 mhz)..you should have the same result

2. Zahlokhnir

Zahlokhnir Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD7870 OC
    Guys, try gaming without a browser open, This has been the most reliable way to stop the crashing for me, I want to know if it also works for others experiencing the same types of crashes as me.

3. deathfrag

deathfrag Guest

black screen today in diablo , with gpu clock at 950 mhz :(

4. Genesis

Genesis Guest

GPU:
    GTX 660 Ti
    I don't know why you people suggest to downclock, it doesnt help at all. The crashes even occur when the card is at idle clocks, so please... AMD ****ed up soooooo hard with this card, I'm so sorry that I bought it. I doubt it will help us at all when they resolve the XSplit issue, I've given up hope after 2 months now.

5. rumpltumpskin

rumpltumpskin Guest

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 7870 G
    hope is all there is for those of us who have kept the card past our vendor's return period. you could always sell it but i'm not enough of an ahole to pawn mine off to someone who might end up with the same problem. for anyone who has this problem and still has the option to return it to your vendor: get rid of it!

6. Richkill

Richkill Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD7970 1100/1575
    As previous posters have stated 12.8 has not resolved the issue with my little brothers setup with the Sapphire 7870 OC.

7. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    I actually contacted the GPU-Z dev about it a few months ago to see if it was possibly some error in the software or if possibly whatever sensor is simply reporting wrong. The response I got was rather negative....

Are those reporting problems all using custom PCB cards??

Last edited: Aug 19, 2012
  8. RecluSe

RecluSe Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 SC/ACX 2.0
    Same thing happens with my power color. Mine only crashes in games, had it crash 3 times last night during Sleeping Dogs :bang:

9. rievhardt

rievhardt Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 7870
    do you mean non-reference cards?

mines a Sapphire 7870 non-OC.

OC or non-OC cards have the same issues...
    there are no reports with reference cards yet.

sadly there's a ASUS 7870 user that is having the same issue too...(look at Vanadium's comment on my video)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8C4PmdBG5M&lc=_L4VxjWhI7c6BKOTlIAGTT3Ml2ZoxVeYnPRapxP3wFU&feature=inbox

so I guess this isn't a brand issue.
    reported brands experiencing the issue...
    XFX
    Sapphire
    MSI
    Gigabyte
    ASUS
    PowerColor

Go here so that AMD would know our problems with the 7870.
    http://forums.amd.com/game/messageview.cfm?catid=428&threadid=160398&enterthread=y

10. terryble

terryble Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 670
    Guys...!!
    Support the post in the AMD forum~~!!!
    Bring the issue back to AMD Forum!!

http://forums.amd.com/game/messageview.cfm?catid=428&threadid=160398&enterthread=y

anyway i did swap the card with my fren (Ati 5870) for 1 week..
    my system function perfectly alright with 5870~~
    SURPRISINGLY after 1 week of running the crappy Sapphire7870 OC on his system~~WITH OVERCLOCKING sometimes to stress out the card for a week on games like Diablo 3, DOTA 2 and others...NO PROBLEMS occurred on his system~~was thinking if it is compatibility issue~~he is using an Asus X58 Rampage Mobo, with i7 930 and a dual channel RAM setup (weird guy)...

11. alexstail666

alexstail666 Guest

GPU:
    HD7870 Sapphire
    Hello I'm from Russia and I do not know much English (translating into Google Translate)
    I have the exact same problem with my 7870 card from Sapphire also at different times takes off a black screen and have to restart the computer as I understand now there is no solution to the problem. But can somebody knows at least approximate dates of solutions for this problem? And then I am afraid of such frequent reboots (well in my case is a black screen once a day since the game is not much, and the computer all day can used to surf the Internet) may suffer other components including HDD. I have a card without factory overclocking. Perhaps the strangest thing that I was Battlefield 3 without black screen. While playing sometimes for 1-2 hours.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2012
  12. deathfrag

deathfrag Guest

its not always good in the other side !!! her we try to find a solution and help , and all you say in this huge post is : go and buy 'nvidia' card !
    plz try to remove your green glasses when you write another post

13. terryble

terryble Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 670
    hey there~~try this driver~~it significantly reduce the black screen rate~~
    BUT it comes with a 20% performance cut~~

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=366295

14. terryble

terryble Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 670
    I am not a fans of both side either~~
    i kind of agree some points that he mentioned~~
    it might not be a pure software (driver) issue~~and likely will be a hardware problem that they might not able to fix~~
    Hmm but AMD never give an official statement of acknowledging the problem~~and promise a viable fix~~some how i start to doubt that they will do so as well~~

15. terryble

terryble Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 670
    I am not a fans of both side either~~
    i kind of agree some points that he mentioned~~
    it might not be a pure software (driver) issue~~and likely will be a hardware problem that they might not able to fix~~
    Hmm but AMD never give an official statement of acknowledging the problem~~and promise a viable fix~~some how i start to doubt that they will do so as well~~

16. masterserg

masterserg Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire/7870OC/2048
    Have the same problem with no solution yet :( Sapphire 7870 GHZ OC edition randomly blackscreens... Mostly in League of Legends and D3, seems to kinda be related with online applications...

17. vladamir

vladamir Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon 7870 GHz
    Asder's July 19 drivers at http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=366295 fixed the blackscreens completely in LoL for me and drastically reduced them in D3 to the point where I've been running for a week and a half without seeing one (though now I get screen tearing in D3 :bang:). Try it out as a temporary fix, although you will notice that the card acts sluggish with this driver.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2012
  18. Richkill

Richkill Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD7970 1100/1575
    That is the thing with these crashes, it can go for a week without crashing and come back worse than ever.
    Unless it genuinely has fixed your issue.

19. Genesis

Genesis Guest

GPU:
    GTX 660 Ti
    Did anyone try out windows 8 and 12.8?

20. soxytony

soxytony Guest

GPU:
    shappire hd7870oc
    Those drivers stopped my crashes completly untill I updated hardware monitor pro to 1.14 then boom bf3, 2 crashes in an hour, went back to 1.13 and all good. I am willing to bet that all of us use some sort of monitoring software, as I posted earlier, how many of us use Trixxx or something else. Maybe ati arent at fault here, how many people who dont have problems dont use monitoring software or other 3rd party vid card software? Just a thought.....

Soxy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.