Which card is best for Physx processing??

Discussion in 'Videocards - Intel ARC & ARC Driver section' started by zeebaluch, Jun 2, 2012.

1. zeebaluch

zeebaluch Member Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 2080 Ti AMP-E
    Hi everyone
    I have my gaming rig "i7 870, Asus Maximus III Formula, HyperX 8GB, Geforce GTX 480". I want to have dedicated Physx card which should be a good idea for gaming so that my GTX 480 can perform freely as GPU :) I want that dedicated Physx card which perform best in BF3, MW3, NFS The Run and future games like Crysis 3, Ghost Recon FS etc... Can you please guide me which card should be enough for Physx...? Your help would highly appreciated! :) Thanks

2. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Hi mate, I'm pretty sure none of the games you mention support hardware PhysX, so a new PhysX card may not be worth the cost....

http://www.geforce.com/hardware/technology/PhysX/pc-games

3. zeebaluch

zeebaluch Member Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 2080 Ti AMP-E
    Hey Pill Monster, yeah you're right i forgot to mention Batman AC. But at least you can give me an idea that which card should have enough physx rendering power??

4. Spets

Spets Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    You won't want anything less than 96 cuda cores, so anything from say, a 430/440/620/630 and up.
    An ideal performing card would be the 450/550ti and higher.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2012

5. UnclePappi

UnclePappi Banned

GPU:
    Asus 680 2gb 1250mhz
    Ye Batman:AC recommends a 460 or higher dedicated card so i would shop around that performance area

6. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    the best card would be 680 GTX (but it is very very expensive for a PhysX card only lol)

i would definitively go to a 2nd hand 470 gtx or 480 gtx, it will be by far the best choise
    or a 450 gts or 550 ti if new.

the list of PhysX game is not complete (hopefully for us)

7. givmedew

givmedew Guest

GPU:
    (2) CrossFire AMD R9 290X
    Is a GTX 660ti in your budget? Reason I ask is you could just use it as your primary and the other card as a physx card.

Question I have though... I have a single 680 so does physx get handled by that card or does it still go to my processor?

8. Spets

Spets Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Depends on your setting in control panel, auto will/should be done by your 680 you can always force it to the GPU :)

9. HamsterCrispy

HamsterCrispy Guest

GPU:
    GTX 650 Ti SSC
    Honestly, I don't get why you would need a "dedicated" PhysX card. I run Batman AC fine with 60+ fps with PhysX enabled and using my GTX 460 (or previously my GTX 550 Ti).

No offense intended. :D

10. Spets

Spets Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Gives that extra performance when you're running dedicated :p It's more of a want than a need. If you have an older card sitting around it's not bad to pop it in. Plan on using my 460 as one when I upgrade.

11. HamsterCrispy

HamsterCrispy Guest

GPU:
    GTX 650 Ti SSC
    Exactly my point of view too :D

I was just shocked when somebody suggested a GTX 680 for a dedicated PhysX card. But, if money is not a problem then why not. :banana:

12. givmedew

givmedew Guest

GPU:
    Oh I don't think he was recommending a 680. The OP asked what the best card would be and technically the best hands down would be a 680! Or a 690 with SLI shut off. Of course the waste that came by loosing the entire GPU to just physx is questioinable LOL

13. givmedew

givmedew Guest

GPU:
    If I have a 680 is a 8600GT even worth using as a physx card? I have 4 PCIe 16 slots and I am only using 1 feel like I could make use an old card.

14. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    no, your 680 is faster alone

15. Spets

Spets Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    +1
    The 8600GT will bottleneck your card.