stay RED or switch to GREEN

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by elpsychodiablo, Aug 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    OK, lets dissect your first post to me.

You clearly were trying to antagonise, the use of the words crap and arrogant set the starting tone.

You cant tell me that you didnt know I was an NVidia user at the time you posted, especially considering how observant you profess to be.
    So there is an implication that either I'm an NVidia user in the forum causing problems or that some ATI owners with problems should be subject to your wrath because of your lack of comprehension.

It doesnt even matter if what you said is correct (its not completely), the way you presented it made it a troll.

My post you replied to was sensibly written and was crafted to state my point with annoying anyone.
    Your reply to it was blatantly meant to annoy.
    I didnt ask for any of the information you provided and you know I didnt want to see what you wrote either.

So, blatant troll :)

2. bc_tileguy

bc_tileguy Guest

GPU:
    xfx 7970 crossfire
    holly cow guys , take a darn pill or go have a smoke ! lol , but for the record , i'm not being paid by amd lol , but yet i've had very few issues with amd drivers in the last 8+ years , i've had a ton of crossfire/tri-fire rigs/combo's all of them including my recent 7970 crossfire rig works awesome :) (special with the new god like driver 12.8) it always baffles me why people say/blame the drivers , when most of the time , it's either a faulty piece of hardware/configuration or a compatibility issue , those issues even happen with nvidia , the grass isn't always greener on the other side of the bridge

3. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    I'm glad you have had it easy.
    There are definitely cases where drivers are blamed when they shouldnt be, and no doubt there have been 'some' Nvidia trolls, but what he said wasnt asked for, isnt fully correct and was designed to inflame.

He's been taking a stab at me for quite a while and does it to others too.
    I can provide quite a few examples if you wish.
    So this was inevitably going to happen some time.

4. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Nice assumptions.... Maybe you should try reading what's actually stated next time instead of adding your own context.

Nice of you to admit exactly what I stated, and prove yourself the troll at the same time.....

I'd like to see these "examples" myself since I know for a fact they didn't happen.

5. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Pot, kettle.

lol, read what I quoted from you in this post at the top and apply it to yourself.
    Its sad you have trouble with reading and comprehension, its sort of required on a forum otherwise it start arguments.
    Oh wait...

My post was well explained and wasnt inciteful, it was an analysis of what you seem not to have picked up in life.
    You have no come back for the points I made.
    Give it a shot ;)

The forum wont let me go back before August 8th so here are another 2.
    I can remind you of the others as I find them if you wish :)

http://forums.guru3d.com/search.php?searchid=3858943&pp=10&page=2
    This wasnt asked for, didnt provide anything useful, took a dig at forum members over an issue that you twisted so you could troll with it.

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?p=4384028#post4384028
    Blatant troll, he didnt ask for that.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2012
  6. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Your first link.....where the quote came from (at least that's what I'm assuming since the link doesn't go to a thread and all I have is the quote itself), would require you to actually READ the ENTIRE thread. Taking posts out of context, only leads others to question your motive. The fact that self-proclaimed "power users" have had such a hard time figuring out how to shutdown, makes the statement relevent. Hell, 1 self proclaimed "power user" even admitted that it took him more than 5 minutes to figure out how to shutdown. Obviously you didn't take offense to DerSchniffle's questing of "power users'" inability to use tiles.....

The second link, the statement you quoted, was no attempt at trolling at all. The thread was about being forced into the "Metro" start screen as opposed to the "desktop" screen. The other member's post was about MS removing the auto-login "feature". Had the user actually taken the time to read the article, he likely wouldn't have made the error in his post.

Now, being that you're the only one attacking anyone....pretty well proves 2 points. 1. You're overly sensitive to very general statements and for whatever reason take them very personally. 2. The point of your responses is simply to troll....which given that you seem to be tracking my posts, pretty well proves that point very well.

7. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    You need to take your own advice.
    Its quite easy to search for text on the page, I put the wrong hyperlink up.
    "READ the ENTIRE thread" if need be.
    Otherwise posts get taken out of context.
    Oh wait...

So a single user that took 5 mins to find out how to shut his PC down allows you to make an incorrect statement concerning all power users?
    Note you said users not user, implying more than one, even though your evidence was of one person.
    You twisted the problem as well, it wasnt that they couldnt shut down the PC its that it is made more difficult and isnt as intuitive.
    A fair statement but it seems to bug you for some reason.
    Seems like you are being oversensitive (see last part of post).

Reading comprehension fails you again.
    Check back a few posts, I explained it.
    Sometimes it isnt the content, its how its presented that makes a troll.
    What you said wasnt asked for, wasnt useful, wasnt wanted and was intended to inflame.

You have trolled in 3 threads in 11 days and are still in denial.
    Its "your" oversensitivity that causes you to troll, which is what started this.

8. perosmct

perosmct Banned

GPU:
    unknown
    green is the future...nvidia makes superior cards more performance for your money...they always beat red team, without even serious competition......

red is an old same recipe...cheap ati radeon which became amd and they believe they know how to make vga and drivers...pathetic atmosphere...

they modify card bios to sell because they have failed to the king "kepler"

it is everyone's decision stay with losers or move to the winners section...

3 generations they always lose(gtx4xx>hd5xxx,gtx5xx>hd6xxx,gtx6xx>hd7xxx)

9. Valagard

Valagard Guest

- firefox / Flash problems

Its a problem with Flash and Firefox, something firefox has been after Adobe for months and months now and adobe refuses to fix, it got so bad that Firefox blacklisted Adobe for a week till Adobe started to work on it again. Just disable hardware acceleration in flash if you want to fix this for good.

- Mediaplayer Problems (XBMC, MPCHC, Cyberlink)

I have zero problems

- flickering on Dualscreen after Overclock

I have 120hz main, 60hz secondary, no flickering

- Multirendering

No idea what this is.

- Bad Video Quality if install Vision Center

I don't have bad quality, and you can disable it in options if you want too

- xsplit

I have no problems with xsplit

I know I am one of the "If I am having no problems, you should be having no problems" people, but just everything you are talking about you are in the vast, vast, vast minority for all these problems

The only problem that -DOES- affect AMD is Firefox + Flash, something Firefox has been hounding adobe for months and months for.

10. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    And STILL attacking me.... This is just getting pathetic. If YOU have some issue with me. Put me on ignore. Problem solved. All you're doing is making yourself look bad by refusing to use that feature. You're the only one trolling.

11. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Its cool, I'm done now :)

12. Valagard

Valagard Guest

Another AMD trolling thread, who figged?

EDIT: I love Nvidia users completely ignoring the fact that Nvidia drivers are #1 reason for system glitches/crashes in Windows 98, Vista and Win7 as reported by -MICROSOFT THEMSELVES-, but remember, AMD drivers suck!

EDIT2: And again, another mindless AMD bashing thread.

You know what, go have these threads in the Nvidia section, the op lists nothing but -PROBLEMS- with his AMD card, and Nvidia is supposedly the "Better card" etc that he "Wants to switch too". And don't tell me he was "Looking for flaws in Nvidia" cause 2 seconds on google or five seconds in the nvidia section of these forums would tell you all the flaws about them, this was a AMD bashing thread from the word go.

So let the nvidia viral marketers have their circle jerk in the nvidia section. Hell I'm reporting every Nvidia user in this thread who came here to start ****, most of them have under 50 posts even, obvious signs of viral marketers.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2012
  13. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Not all nVidia users come into this section to troll. Some of them actually own AMD/ATI cards as well. Some of the OP's "issues" are legit....but he's just as likely to experience them with an nVidia card. Neither company has perfect drivers and never will.

14. Valagard

Valagard Guest

I'm only reporting the ones that are trolling.

And the op was blatant trolling thread starter, we've had literally thousands of threads all start this same way.

Then in come all the users -OUT OF NOWHERE- calling AMD crap etc etc etc

Getting sick of viral marketers, the reason they don't make these threads in the Nvidia section, is cause AMD users wouldn't see it, and if they don't see it, they won't see "All the problems!" AMD users supposedly have.

Its viral marketing 101, make your opponent look bad from the get go, then make your opponent work to make you look bad. Look up Sega "Blast Processing!" in the SNES vs Genesis wars for a great example.

If I had forum admin powers, I would have simply moved this to the Nvidia section, but nvidia users in the majority don't give a crap about this "Wars" so they wouldn't answer it.

Look at how many of the posters here have accounts less then a month old, less then 50 posts etc, yet are -SURPRISING- experts when it comes to AMD vs Nvidia, doesn't that set off tons of alarm bells for you?

This is totally old hat viral posting. They all start the same way "AMD sucks, blah blah blah this is the problems should I switch to Nvidia?" or "My system broke cause of AMD drivers! blah blah blah they suck!" or "AMD vs Nvidia, who should I go with?" And the -INSTANT- post below it is -ALWAYS- "AMD SUCKS! GO NVIDIA!" almost within the same 30 seconds the thread gets made.

Tons of variations of that over the years, but that's the basic three types of threads made in the majority. If I was hilbert I would put it into the rules for the forums that there will be -NO- AMD vs. Nvidia threads, that if you have AMD issues, -TALK- about said AMD issues, and how to fix them etc. The -SECOND- the user etc goes "I'm switching to nvidia because of blah blah blah" then the thread should be -LOCKED INSTANTLY- cause its obviously case closed by that point.

Again, this is old hat viral posting, nothing new. Report everyone here blatantly dumping on AMD and move on.

EDIT1: And Nvidia is well, well, well known in FUD tactics, and they have been confirmed to -USE- viral marketing across the web to spread FUD, AMD hasn't, or at least haven't been caught doing so yet anyways, but until they do, Nvidia is the only one that does work with FUD tactics and viral marketing.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2012
  15. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

I really don't like posting in these threads, but Valagard is 100% on the ball.

Just read the first post carefully.

16. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    I'm not disagreeing with him at all. Quite the contrary. I'd like to see all "amd vs nvidia" threads closed on sight. I also don't think people should be posting in the driver section for a product/brand they don't own. Just my opinion though....

17. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Guys, seriously .. Purchase the brand that suits you the most. As for these threads, grow up. These AMD versus NV threads are getting too old and too plentyful.

Trolls, be warned .. we're kicking it up a notch. If you like to stay on Guru3D that is, you know who you are.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.