RadeonPro BETA (Automating 3D Settings)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by japamd, May 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BAZOKA1942

BAZOKA1942 Member Guru

GPU:
    sapphire r9 390
    yeah, I'm the developer. You're welcome! :)

than plz man can you fix the startup crash for me win 7 32 bit hd 4850
    the old 1.0.6 work and when install 1.1.1 crash at startup
    or maybe send me the debug release hh maybe work for me

2. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    you know, a bit more information would probobly help him fix it.

"Its Broke" isnt really helpful.

3. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    oh, oh, oh

DFC=Dynamic Frequency Control - Fine tune OC settings on a per profile basis?

(Ubisoft i hate you for having to constantly lower my OC setting when i play your games)

4. Shaneus

Shaneus Master Guru

GPU:
    5970/5850 TFX 899/1150
    Why do you have to do that? Do they have some kind of thing where they expect a certain speed, or are they just really unstable? I'd love to know what games you have issues with when OCing so I can have a tinker as well...

5. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    Assains Creed series, and Anno 2070 for example wont take my normal overclock, i have to lower it. They freeze up and i have to drop to desktop and kill the program thread losing all my progress.

it probably has to do with their draconian DRM that doesnt like my OC.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2012
  6. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    That was easy, isn't? [​IMG] Yeah, DFC stands for Dynamic Framerate Control. It will allow the user to set a framerate target and RP will try to keep the framerate as close as possible of the target, while maintaining gameplay as smooth as possible too. So far I could test a few titles like Crysis (DX10), Metro 2033 (DX11) and some DX9 titles like Alan Wake and Fallout NV (DX9), with 30 FPS target the gameplay is pretty smooth, without the input lag observed when half refresh (double vsync) is used. Implementing a framerate cap is not difficult, the hard part is keep frame rendering times near of each other to avoid stuttering. Stay tuned to seeing it in action, I think you're gonna like it :)

A screenshot showing the target fps at the bottom, and the current FPS at top.

[​IMG]

Here's one showing the framerate variation during a Lost Planet 2 benchmark (with target FPS set at 30)

[​IMG]

Yes, AMD, by the means of an employee whose name I'm not sure I can disclose just yet, offered to help out on RP development, providing information I need to implement features I wasn't able to do due to lack of documentation or other difficulties. Kudos to them for supporting a community driven tool like RP, I think we can expect advanced features not possible before. I hope for things like changing CrossfireX profiles more easily, giving the community the power they needed to test out more multi-gpu profiles and whatnot :)

Hi BAZOKA1942. I think Yaji also have an HD 4850 card and the preview build is working for him, maybe it's something at your end like lack of DX runtime updates. If you can install Windows 7 x64, I think it's better suited to RP as it's my primary development and testing operational system.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2012
  7. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    om nom nom

that OSD looks sweet!

i was close!

8. FDisk

FDisk Guest

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX970 OC 4GB
    Finally some good news. Can't wait to see what you have been cooking for us. Good to hear you are back on the project man. :)
    Are those real time AA and Triple Buffering settings I see in the new OSD?
    What's AVS? Adaptive V-Sync I'm guessing. :grin:

9. teppic

teppic Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980
    FXAA seems to work well with Bioshock 1/2!

You can't seem to force normal AA on these any more through the drivers, and MLAA looks pretty awful on the text in this game.

10. ipredator

ipredator Guest

GPU:
    Quadro K5000M
    Awesome! :D
    Are you testing DFC for CrossFire too?

11. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Maybe I should call it AAVS for Auto Alternate Vertical Synchronization? Or DVS for Dynamic VSync?

FXAA and SMAA (post processing AA) can be (SMAA will) changed in real time, Triple-buffering doesn't as it's defined at rendering device creation time, perhaps I should move it away from the power button (as it may cause the idea it's switchable) and put it near the vsync indication at the top.

@ipredator: not yet, but will, soon.

12. CorNeLL

CorNeLL Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon Graphics
    @Japamd

AA, AF, VSync are not working with Darksiders II.

13. FDisk

FDisk Guest

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX970 OC 4GB
    V-Sync works, but I had to remove the [v] from the "Disable API monitoring for programs not listed in my profiles list" Under Settings/Advanced.
    For some reason after updating to 12.8 driver everything stopped working with this option enabled.

14. FDisk

FDisk Guest

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX970 OC 4GB
    DVS (Dynamic VSync) sounds right to me.
    Yea, TB should be moved. No point of having a button there if you cant use it. :)

15. Bat_Zonko

Bat_Zonko Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 7950 OC
    This is fantastic news. Hell, it is beyond fantastic news into the "I got a puppy for xmas!" realm. It is really nice to see AMD step up and work with the community (espicially with Japamd) for this. Hopefully the have realized the need for something like Radeon Pro as the de-facto goto tool for game management.

Also, that interface looks great and the framerate limiter is another piece of incredible news. I use Afterburner to do that right now and it is a bit flakey to get it and RadeonPro to behave together some times.
    Well, it was before the new "hook" you use now to implement vsync and triple-buffering. Haven't had any issues with the new RadeonPro.

Add this to the work CeeJayDK has done with implementing the FXAA Injector's extra after-effects into the SMAA Injector (along with his color/gamma toggle for the aliasing check in the SMAA itself) is a bounty of great tools for us gamers.

Now if the 12.8 drivers remain crash-proof and keep working as incredible as it has so far, it is a good times with my card and gaming.

Thanks for the hard work Japamd.

Bats

16. CorNeLL

CorNeLL Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon Graphics
    That's the way i have it configured and it's not working.

[​IMG]

EDIT 1 - Oh there's another one under advanced, just unchecked that one, let me try

EDIT 2 - Nope, still not working!

17. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

Yes, this is good news. Looking forward to seeing what new developments this brings.

18. kn00tcn

kn00tcn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    570m / MSI 660 Gaming OC
    japamd, i mentioned this... like in november 2011? 2010?, on my legacy card, regardless of which button i pushed in the 'would you like to enable new driver features' startup dialogue, RP changed CCC's options until the next driver install (or if i export, delete, import registry entries)

now eventually, AMD changed something & RP no longer messes with CCC, but i guess what i'm trying to say is watch out for little bugs like that :nerd:

oh & for the frame limiter, have a hard fixed limit option in addition to the smoothed one you're doing

19. FDisk

FDisk Guest

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX970 OC 4GB
    Are you using the latest preview of RadeonPro? Or the last year RC1?

20. CorNeLL

CorNeLL Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon Graphics
    I'm using the last public build japamd had on his website.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.