Best Gaming Mouse (Mice)?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ROBSCIX, Aug 16, 2012.

1. saud1

saud1 Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 570
    I've had Logitech G9x for more than 2 years and all I can say is WOW! Its just superb!

2. killer_939

killer_939 Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 7950 @ 1100/1500
    I use an ancient ime3.0 for competitive fps and have a Razer Deathadder 3500dpi for normal use.

3. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    G9 Laser or G500 for me, too. Whats great is you can rebind any button with anything or any macro and all sensibility settings are saved into the mouse itself, so just take it to a friend and you still feel like at home.

4. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    I have the G500 and my last mouse was a G5.
    I prefer the ergonomics of the G5 due to the position of the thumb buttons, however the G500 has a more accurate laser.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2012

5. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Using a Logitech G500 at the moment, worthy upgrade from my old MX518 and G5.

Bought it 16-09-2009 i just saw :eek3: It's still brand new, no paint wear on the top even the pads are still in good shape because i use a Razer Sphex Mousepad.

6. Ohnooze

Ohnooze Guest

I'm using the Razer Hex and really like it.

[​IMG]

7. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    I'll fourth the Razer Deathadder.

8. DF-1

DF-1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA gtx 580
    exact problem I had with my g9x, eventually I couldn't use it. with my g500 it seems like its happening again.

its the part that has contact with the table, the wire is now exposed and out of the sleeve.

9. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Yeah the G5 was the King,seems G500 suffers from the same problems like cord/usb mouse disconnecting problem,my next mouse will be a Steelseries Sensei,i may just buy one anyhow just for the fun of it.

No probs with the G500 though although i think the weight thing is a gimmick as you get used to however the mouse sensitivity is.

10. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Glad I'm not the only one with that problem. I really love my G500, it has just the right shape for my hand and "felt" best out of all the mice I had. Maybe I'll buy another one or maybe there's another refresh coming and get that.

11. INSTG8R

INSTG8R Guest

GPU:
    Nitro+ 5700XT
    I dunno I replaced my G5 with a G500 I thought it was a great "evolution" of the G5. the slight change in the shape was perfect.

My G5 is still "working" but the DPI buttons stopped working. I never really used them much on the G5 because of there position. I definitely use the DPI buttons alot more on my G500 because of their better placement.

I love the weights as I do prefer a heavy mouse so being able to load it up is a great feature for me anyway.

12. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    my logitech g5 is still going strong albeit it has lost it's covering due to over-use..

will buy another logitech soon....(i do like the added weights, gives it a nice feel/weight to it).

13. blesner

blesner Guest

GPU:
    MSI Nvidia GTX 690
  14. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    G500, G600, G700, G9x, Steelseries Sensei, Sensei Rawn, Xai, ... all mice using the Avage ADNS 9500/9800 have a bug that causes the mouse to have unwanted acceleration so I don't advise using one for FPS gaming unless you're using lower DPI's, 400 / 800 'ish.

If you don't care about useless gimmicks or weights, the G400 > G500 by far.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2012
  15. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    ^There is some positive acceleration w/ the G500 but it's so small you don't even notice it really.

16. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    I've lowed my Xai, I like it how it doesn't need crapware and that you can adjust DPI and polling to basically anything you want instead of few presets.

17. Vardant

Vardant Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X
    These break like crazy. I actually went through three of them. One died after upgrading the firmware, it was later confirmed as a production quality problem. Then the other two had problems with random double clicking on the right button.

Never ever am I going to buy a Razer product again.

Logitech and Steelseries on the other hand, that is something completely different.

I still have MX 500 fully working after almost 15 years! But now I'm using Steelseries Xai and love it.

Also, my fUnc sUrface, which I bought with the MX 500 is still like new, that's what I call a lasting mouse pad.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2012
  18. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    i don't think there is a "best" gaming mouse.

there is however personal preference, the tech of the mouse is only half of the story, the shape and feel of the mouse is the other half.

my personal alll time favorite mice are 1) Microsoft Habu 2) Razer Deathadder.

i wouldn't use any other mouse, i'm picky to the extreme, i tried almost all the mice in the market even cheap ones, none worked for me except those. ;)

they work extremely well in all games, not just FPS.

19. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Severely noticable imo. A little less on the Steelseries Xai.

20. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    I'll 5th that. :banana:

I was using it for a while until I switched over to the Razer Naga Hex. Now the Hex is my favorite until something better comes out.

But asa Year stated, It's all personal preference. What I like doesn't necessarily mean someone else will like it. :nerd: