Best Gaming Mouse (Mice)?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ROBSCIX, Aug 16, 2012.

1. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    I was wondering what all you gaming experts considered the best mice, for FPS gaming?

Any opinions?

2. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    If you're looking into raw performance instead of gimmicks:

Razer Abyssus
    Razer Deathadder
    Logitech G400*
    Zowie AM
    Roccat Savu (might jitter a bit on higher DPI settings, highest being useless but the lower ones are good)

Other mice tend to have issues or bugs with acceleration and what not.

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=335510

* Batchnumbers above LZ13333 have prediction removed (final flaw in this mouse removed basically).

http://www.overclock.net/t/854100/mouse-sensor-technology-guide-v2-0-being-updated-28-july-2012 WIP by some guy, alot of info about sensors and their bugs.

3. INSTG8R

INSTG8R Guest

GPU:
    Nitro+ 5700XT
    Will throw the Logitech G500 into the ring. High DPS, enough extra buttons, weight adjustable and very comfy if your a palm grip user. Well priced too.

4. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black

5. zimzoid

zimzoid Guest

GPU:
    2xEVGA980TiSC+(H20) Swift
    Corsair M60 by far the best mouse i have used for fps games.

6. Iggyblack

Iggyblack Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX 960 1330/1790
    Cheap= Logitech MX518 or the new version, the Logitech G400.

Expensive= Logitech G9x.

The MX518 is still and probably will always be my favorite mouse. i bought that thing in 2005, and to this day it still works. sure some buttons don't work as good, but it's mostly
    due to me raging and bashing the mouse. if it wasn't for that, i wouldn't be surprised if it would be almost the same as the day i bought it.

I personally own a G9x and Im in love with it. I previously had a G9 that broke within 2 weeks, but luckily when i rma'ed they weren't making the G9 anymore so they sent me the G9x at not charge.
    I've had it for almost 2 years now, and nothing wrong has happened. and even though Im still a bit wary due to how quickly the G9 broke, i think they perfected the mouse with the G9x.

This is probably the last expensive mouse i will ever buy. the cheaper ones are just as good.

7. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I'm quite happy with my Logitech G500, even their lower priced ones are amazing. Razer has been dodgy for my friends so from that perspective I won't recommend them.

8. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    Pretty much what corrupt said.

I personally use a custom Razer Abyssus, most other mice have acceleration in some form or another.

oh and don't get any mice from stealseries. As much as I love their 6G keyboards Their mice are trash with rubbish censors.

9. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    G500 and Steelseries Sensei.

10. Vandrende Pind

Vandrende Pind Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 5870 Vapor-X
    I'd say the G500 is a great mouse. Great precision, handy with 3 cursor speeds, descent number of buttons to easily map in games. I like it best with the weight cartridge removed to make it as light as possible. Ergonomics are good, hand rest well on the mouse, though it's profile a bit too high. My MX518 is a tad lower and has better ergonomics than the G500. The reason I got a new mouse was that the MX518 was starting to stop working for a few seconds at a time in Win 7 - A common problem I hear.

Before the G500 I ordered the G9x. Yuck, horrible to use for me, I sold that quickly.

11. Phragmeister

Phragmeister Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4GB
    They're quite hard to find nowadays as they've been discontinued, but if you can get your hands on a Logitech G5 v2, then that would be my primary recommendation.

If not - MX518.

12. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Logitech G9, by far the best mouse I've ever used.

13. ericdrum

ericdrum Member Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 670 FTW SLI
    Logitech G700 (It can be wired or wireless, I use it wired). The extra buttons push it over the edge for me and gives balance to the amount of tasks my right hand can do vs. my left hand.

14. Phragmeister

Phragmeister Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4GB
  15. Strikerx80

Strikerx80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 980 Ti SC +120/+300
    using a razer deathadder 3500dpi and loving it! i was just using a regular logitech laser mouse before it was ok but this thing blows it away. only cost me 39.99.

have it set to 2700dpi, acceleration set at 6. very fast and and smooth to get quick and accurate headshots.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2012

16. JeyNyce

JeyNyce Guest

GPU:
    PowerColor 6700XT
    RAT 7 best mouse I ever use. It's great if you have big hands.

17. DF-1

DF-1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA gtx 580
    ive had a logitech g9x and now a g500. theyre both good mice, but they both will wear and tear down, eventually breaking after ~3 years depending on use.

18. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    I forgot about that :)

The Deathadder was a brilliant mouse, I wouldnt have replaced it if the buttons didnt double click.

Tried the G500 but it had multiple issues:
    It came with no weights tray, Logitech refused to help and told me to return it.
    The software couldnt detect the mouse, got it to work once but the next reboot it stopped again.
    Mouse software caused my Logitech G19 keyboard software to crash. Highly repeatable, run mouse software, instant G19 software crash.
    You have to be connected to the internet and open ports to install the driver/software.
    I did like its smooth scrollwheel, very fast and accurate for scrolling large pages.
    Its action was very smooth on screen but requires a bit too much motion to make very fine movements. It felt like it had a bit of drag. This was on a cloth sofa though, so it may just be having difficulty tracking the cloth, it may be ok on other surfaces.

I've since bought the Steelseries Sensei pro.
    Awesome mouse, tracks better than the G500 on my sofa (probably due to the lift height adjustment feature).
    The lighting is really nice (3 different lit zones on top).
    You can load profiles into the mouse to use on another machine without a driver/software.
    The bottom has a backlit mini LCD to allow control of profiles stored in its memory and you can even make changes to profiles using this.
    Its top quality and looks great.

Review of the Steelseries Sensei Pro
    http://www.madshrimps.be/articles/article/1000240/
    Direct link to piccies
    http://www.madshrimps.be/articles/article/1000240/SteelSeries-Sensei-Pro-Grade-Laser-Mouse-Review/3

Last edited: Aug 17, 2012
  19. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    Razer Mamba or old Logitech G7.

20. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    I've had a Logitech G500 for 2 years now but lately the cord started to have problems, it's either that or the usb connector.

What is happening is that occasionally like, 1-2 times a day the mouse stops working, (you can even hear the windows sound that a device gets deactivated) and resumes after 5 seconds. Can get really anoying if this happens mid-game in a mp FPS.

And yes I have the latest driver and setpoint, will probably have to look for a new mouse as well soon.