Sell GTX 670 towards 7990 or GTX 660Ti SLi?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by mf2385, Aug 7, 2012.

1. mf2385

mf2385 Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    It's not funny anymore, and chances are other people have the same questions I do but aren't asking or just don't use this forum to do so. So why don't you go annoy someone else. The posts are all legitimate and make sense, so just stop being annoying, like I said before, you don't have to reply or respond in any way and by doing do it just shows how immature and stupid you really are.

2. Koniakki

Koniakki Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE
    Just checked. There are similar but no "Is my psu powerful enough for 680 sli" Here's hoping.. :D

Last edited: Aug 13, 2012
  3. snowdweller

snowdweller Guest

GPU:
    Leadtek GTX 580 SLI
    How does it make sense when you first say you have bills to pay then start talking about wanting something around the most expensive card out (690) Your 670 is fine for EVERYTHING*. The most logical thing to do would be to get another 670.

*up to 1920x1200

4. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    Im Immature and stupid because you cant learn to take several peoples advice? You know the past 10 or so threads have been about getting rid of the 670 for some other card. Everyone said get a 2nd 670 yet you spam the forums and ignore peoples advice like a little kid. No wonder tomshardware ran you off. Cut the useless threads and learn to take advice.

5. mf2385

mf2385 Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    I did take some people's advice, I read peoples advice and do my own research. You can't blame me for doing research on the side like a professional and listening to what some of you guys say. I do a lot of my own research on the side I don't just sit here and listen to what everyone says and then to hear just banter about how many threads I make, lol, if you don't like it scram and don't respond like an adult. Thanks

6. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    Right. As i said. The census is get a 2nd 670 from the past 10 threads yet you keep ignoring that and making more of them.

7. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    this is why i suggest a GPU online complete bench :D it is too sad to make fuss on a forum for that :)

peace and harmony to you :kiss:

8. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    Post some benches.

9. ricardonuno1980

ricardonuno1980 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 780Ti Classified :D
    MUST disable overclock returns to STOCK and triple memory buffering for stop freeze with or without crash!!

I got never freeze/crash on GTX 480 since nov 2010! :D

10. mf2385

mf2385 Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    The consensus changes when technology changes, and improves, the 660 ti is like $100 less then the 670 and it's like 90% of the performance. Which is why I am asking in the first place.

So basically I'm thinking maybe to get this monitor BenQ XL2420T Black-Red 24" 5ms (2ms GTG) HDMI Widescreen Height & Pivot Adjustable LED-Backlit 120Hz 3D-Ready LCD Monitor 350 cd/m2 DC 12M:1 (1000:1), and wait on a 2nd GTX 670 until I see how the performance is? What do you guys think?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824014270

Last edited: Aug 16, 2012

11. larsbaby

larsbaby Guest

GPU:
    KFA2 GTX670 EX OC SLi WC
    Update the Bios on the TOP card it will be more stable or RMA it if you don't want to flash it.
    It will be cheaper to buy another 670 when ready than to sell your current card as you will certainly lose money on the sale.
    Get the monitor as 1080p 2D the 670 will crush pretty much most games.
    In 3D I still think you would get more than exceptable results from a single card.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2012
  12. mf2385

mf2385 Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    I updated the bios on the card like the 2nd or 3rd day after I purchased it, it's a good card not saying it's not good and it is more stable now, I was just saying the value of the card isn't great with the 660 ti out now for $100 less with like 90% of the performance of the card and the same amount of GDDR5 Ram. But yeah, you definitely make sense about when it's time to resell. Definitely get the monitor? I have a 24'' ASUS LED monitor now which is pretty nice, but I am seeing how awesome this monitor performs and looks at 120Hz and it will probably blow my mind. I should get pretty good results with the single 670 for now too then? Ok.

13. givmedew

givmedew Guest

GPU:
    (2) CrossFire AMD R9 290X
    So, I gotta stick up for the OP on this and say the unneeded posts should have never been created! Are you a MOD? If not then your opinion as to this post being silly is your own and that is it. You should have contributed or but out.

--------

That being said, I was reading this entire forum and was not going to even bother replying (as I was not a member I just frequent the site for info since I am already a member at plenty of other places to get my answers).

I am in a similar position to the OP as I have a EVGA GTX680 SC SIG 2 and as this is the highest clocked reference board from EVGA it suffers driver failures in certain games due to its clocks being just a bit too high.

Since I can return my 680 no restocking fee and was seriously pondering the 660TI since I am going to buy borderlands (free with 660TI) and its $200 less ($260 figuring borderlands 2) it would save me quite a bit of money to put towards a monitor.

Problem being with that thinking is this!

As I look at the monitor your want I have to ask myself WHY? Why would you buy a monitor in that price range that wasn't a higher resolution? Do you truly value the HZ over the resolution? Do you know that the catleap korean ips panels are often seeing 100HZ, can cost less than $350 shipped and have the same LG panel that is in much much higher priced displays?

Of course if you go with such a nice monitor you are then faced with 100HZ and ~70% more pixels which leaves you wanting something with a better memory interface.

You can OC the 660 memory and get a decent mem rate though and the 3GB 660TIs are affordable indeed.

I do have to say this though with the hit you will take on selling your 670 I doubt it will be worth it UNLESS you where planning on buying borderlands 2.

Again though I think that monitor is a mistake and the main reason why I signed up was to warn you of this :)

OP Please take no offense to what I said... Jerks that where talking smack to the OP come on seriously is it that big of a deal that he wanted some advice from people who he thought where better qualified. Or maybe he already knew his answer and just wanted to be re-assured one way or another. Bottom line is chill out!

Last edited: Aug 17, 2012
  14. mf2385

mf2385 Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    Thanks man for your response!

Yeah, I don't know what to do right now I may just sit on my GTX 670 for now and see what happens it's really hard with a budget and with other expenses, college tuition and other things I need to buy that I can't even think of right now. Although I am interested in Borderlands 2 I will be playing the **** out of Guild Wars 2 with a bunch of buddies, and other games as well so it will be hard to get that in there, but I may end up buying it but not 100%.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2012
  15. Raptor5150

Raptor5150 Active Member

GPU:
    2x EVGA GTX460 SC EE
    Buy an evga 670, you get the game with it also. Newegg has vanilla 670 for $369 (399-30 coupon code and free shipping)

16. ricardonuno1980

ricardonuno1980 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 780Ti Classified :D
    @mf2385: should read my post #29! :confused:

17. givmedew

givmedew Guest

GPU:
    He already has a 670 and bought it before the promo. However thanks for the info as at $369.99 you have certainly made up my mind. I will be returning my 680 and buying the 670 with BL2 and buying a water cooling plate for the 670 with the saved money as my non reference cooler is loud enough I don't even want to think of the reference cooler.

Thank You!

18. givmedew

givmedew Guest

GPU:
    The OC is an out the box OC so it's kinda bogus that anyone has to clock back what they paid for. I am in the same boat as him and for me just a simple -20 keeps mine from failing. I will try the triple buffering but don't understand why it maters can you fill me in?

19. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    yes but selling the 670gtx and add money to buy 2 660ti is still superior amount of cash than buy a second 670gtx (that are very inexpensive right now) to get a 670gtx SLI config...

and anyway 670GTX in SLI is still better than a 660ti in SLI in most of the case.

so yes after the 660ti test my opinion is still: get a second 670gtx

20. ViolentReaper

ViolentReaper Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia PNY GTX 560 Ti
    A GTX 670 is the 3rd fastest card by Nvidia. I don't see the logic in this upgrade, at least not if you don't provide any benchmarks. In all current games on maxed out settings there will be a very slight, if noticeable difference in frame rates. In my personal opinion, there is no need to worry about spending additional $ on a "faster card", when there are so few of those on the market given the power of your current gfx card. Why not just save the money for something else ?

I don't care if you disregard my opinion and consider it "selfish". I'm just telling you what I believe is most reasonable here.