need urgent help !!

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards Intel' started by amieneel, Aug 13, 2012.

1. amieneel

amieneel Guest

GPU:
    XFX 5770 + 240 GT PhysX
    hi guys,
    i have already lost lot's of hair during this issue so i gave up and now i need some help fron u ..
    8 days back in a evening i had played world of warcraft for 3-4 hrs then i shut doun my pc took rest for an hour and switched on my pc, since then the problem started. When i turn on my pc cpu and other fans spins for 3-4 seconds then the pc shutting down. That night i had tried several times but problem persist. Next morning when i switched on the pc booted smoothly and went to desktop but after 30-40 mins it shut down automaticly.(nt like power failure, it's like, when u press power botton in a running pc it shut down so quickly, pc shut down like that). I took everything off now only mobo, cpu, ran and psu is connected, switched on but same problem. Cpu fan spins for 3-4sec then pc shut down automaticly. But after a long gap when i turn on my pc it is running smoothly for 30-40 min then it shut down automaticaly like i told before and same prob happening !! Pc is nt staring cpu fan spins for 3-4 sec then it is shutting down !!
    cpu temp is arround 45-50. so i think it's nt the heat issue.
    So what is the prob ? Any suggestion is welcome ..

Thanks in advance.

2. BLEH!

BLEH! Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury
    Try running a memory screening program like memtest86 (I think it's called) to see if that's the issue.

3. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    It may be a psu problem do you have a spare to try out or a friend to lend you one.

4. Santa666

Santa666 Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX1080TI
    I would

also tend to think it´s a PSU-Problem, but could also be the Mainboard malfunctioning (worst case) or CMOS-Battery (simplest solution)
    Also if you have the chance of looking into the Event Viewer you could
    try locating the last thing that happens before Powerdown and check
    for suspicious entrys.

Good luck finding the source of evil

5. amieneel

amieneel Guest

GPU:
    XFX 5770 + 240 GT PhysX
    checked with another psu but problem remains ..

6. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Reset your CMOS.

Failing that:
    Remove everything not required to get it to boot.
    ie remove all drives, cards (except gfx), USB drives/pens.
    Use only one memory stick.

Try different memory slots if the problem persists.
    Once you get it to POST each time, add parts back to see when it fails.

What other PSU did you check with and how old is it?

7. Ade 1

Ade 1 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 690
    I had a similar problem on my last mobo. It started to happen after I updated to the latest bios. Rolled it back to the previous bios and it stopped shutting down. Have you updated your bios recently? If not then not sure.

8. This, to the tee

9. amieneel

amieneel Guest

GPU:
    XFX 5770 + 240 GT PhysX
    I had sent my mobo to abacas, they checked and returned it to me and told me my mobo's problem has solved. I was very happy. I reinstalled os. No problem.
    But Next morning the problem occured again. Since then the problem persist.
    I don't know what to do. I am totaly lost !! And i am nt sure they(abacus) checked my mobo properly !! Or my cpu is causing prob ? It's temp is arround 45-50. I have checked psu,smps,gpu in my bro's pc. Those r working fine in there.

10. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Dont mention the problem to Abacus (yet), but ask them for a full report on what was wrong with the motherboard.
    See if what they say helps or not.

A CPU temp of 45-50 means nothing to us as it is.
    you need to use a program like Coretemp or Realtemp to measure CPU temps otherwise they may read the wrong temp sensor or use the wrong value to calibrate for the CPU.
    Idle temps mean very little unless they are very high.
    Load temps are only useful if using a stress testing application like Prime95 and needs to be left running for at least 20 mins.

Without the above, we cant make use of the results.

Did you read post #6?

11. amieneel

amieneel Guest

GPU:
    XFX 5770 + 240 GT PhysX
    yes sir i saw ur post and tried with only cpu+mobo+ram+psu. But problem continues .. As i told early my ram and psu is working fine in my bro's pc for hours.
    Now plz tell me, if i use bios of '22nm cpu support' will that damage my 2500k ? If yes, can someone plz link me some old vr. Of bios for my mobo .. Somethink from 2011(which support 32gb ram).
    That temp is idle temp. I think thats fine in my room condition.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2012