Sapphire HD 7870 OC crash with black screen and sound loop

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by Zahlokhnir, Jun 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rumpltumpskin

rumpltumpskin Guest

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 7870 G
    i haven't but testing the game that came with the card would be a good idea.

2. terryble

terryble Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 670
    i have exactly the same conclusion~~other than Diablo 3, the problem occurs on DOTA 2 (causing abandon game stats)~~
    however it is relatively stable now... out of 10 DOTA matches....only 1 match crashed~

Last edited: Aug 7, 2012
  3. k4sh

k4sh Member Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 1070 @ 2139-2152
    You cannot be sure of it because your graphic card is not running at full throttle.
    You could try to do another test to be sure of it.
    1 - Deinstall drivers and reinstall previous one (12.4,12.6).
    2 - Deactive 1 or 2 or more cores in your mb bios

Your card will not be fed correctly, will throttle and GPU will never be fully loaded.

That should probably do the same result as running 12.7 drivers.

4. Tausackhn

Tausackhn Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD7870 GHz ed.OC
    Hello.
    I think that i solved this problem. Most of tests, like Diablo 3 BF3 ME2, i did with a keyboard which connected to a PS/2 port, but the warranty center have connected keyboard to the USB port and computer doesn't crashed w/ black screen 2 hours in Unigine Heaven 3.0 (extreme quality, extreme tessellation, AA x16). When i connect keyboard to the PS/2 port and running the Heaven, computer crashes w/ black screen after 10 minutes. After, the shop returns me money.

PS sorry for my bad english.

5. terryble

terryble Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 670
    SERIOUSLY dun think that is the solution -_-"
    i have my keyboard connected using USB since the 1st day and it still crash like nobody's business~~

6. Tausackhn

Tausackhn Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD7870 GHz ed.OC
    It may be the concidence. I advise you to go to the warranty and ask to run the tests in your presence. I did it for 3 times, and i was lucky for third time.

7. rumpltumpskin

rumpltumpskin Guest

GPU:
    agreed. as someone posted earlier, AMD has admitted that there is a problem with their drivers. the last official release was June 30th so hopefully 12.7 will go official soon and we will get to try 12.8 beta. still, i'm not holding my breath.

if i had the option i would return the card but too much time has passed and my only option would be to RMA through sapphire. if i could i would exchange the card for a GTX 670 or a 560 Ti. a 7950 would probably be the closest equivalent and is very reasonably priced at $350 US but after this BS i am going to steer clear of AMD for a while.

they didn't just drop the ball on this one. they dropped the ball, kicked the coach in the nuts, and took a dump in the quarterback's mouth.

8. Annihilism

Annihilism Guest

GPU:
    AMD HD7870OC
    Same problems

I'm having the exact same problems as everyone is having here. I'm playing a game and all of a sudden both of my screens go black and there is no other option but to pull the plug out of my pc (or hold the power button for 10 seconds to shut down).

I've also tried everything possible but in the end i just gave up and went back to my old 6790.

I've completely had it with both AMD and Sapphire (who arent even trying to help me at all, instead they keep on insisting its my own rig and not the vid card).

Had AMD/ATI cards for many years but this one will definitely be my last one for quite a while. Looking into a Nvidia 670, if i sell my old card and the new one i have to pay 50 euro extra but it will save me the annoyance of trying new drivers every month hoping that AMD fixed the problem.

Personally i think it's shamefull that AMD still hasn't fixed this problem even though so many people are experiencing it. I fully agree with the above poster saying that AMD just didn't drop the ball on this one. I can advise anyone to stay clear away from the 7870

9. defcoms

defcoms Guest

GPU:
    MSI-7970ghz Bios Trifire
  10. Annihilism

Annihilism Guest

GPU:
    AMD HD7870OC
    I just bought a new card, the GTX 670. I just couldn't bear the crashing anymore and decided to just give up. I felt like i was experiencing the FX5600 all over again (don't know if you guys are familiar with this card).

It's a shame really since I've always liked AMD so far and this is the first really bad experience with an AMD product. In time I will probably buy AMD again but for the moment im going to steer clear away from AMD. All i can say is that I've won the card with a contest so its not really a big loss for me.

I really hope the people who are experiencing the same get their problem solved very soon!

11. deathfrag

deathfrag Guest

12. Cendrier

Cendrier Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 7870 OC Edition
    Same issue after updating to 12.8 release. Was playing Diablo 3. :bang:

13. kn00tcn

kn00tcn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    570m / MSI 660 Gaming OC
    try atiumdag.dll from an older working set, put it where diablo3.exe is

also see if other games have the same issue

14. terryble

terryble Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 670
    Dude...the catalyst creator mentions that the driver still has problem~~
    and will fix it soon~~

They acknowledged the problem~~and tweet it here~~they refer this as the XSpilt issue...which they also posted a similar the thread on the Xsplit Forum~~he mentions that they will try to fixed this real soon

"Andrew D ‏@CatalystCreator

XSplit issue is proving a little more challenging to resolve - so won't be included in Cat 12.8, but we're close and will get it fixed soon "

https://twitter.com/CatalystCreator

15. Genesis

Genesis Guest

GPU:
    GTX 660 Ti
    How is XSplit in any way related to this issue? I don't even use XSplit...
    He didn't acknowledge this issue anywhere, so what the **** are you talking about?

16. deathfrag

deathfrag Guest

thank you for this i wait for the next catalyst than ..i just try a temporary fix and it work for me underclock my gpu to 950 and my ram to 1200 no more black screen in diablo or darksiders 2 !!!

17. soxytony

soxytony Guest

GPU:
    shappire hd7870oc
    Oh so the new offical one doesnt work, thats odd as the one asder00 posted about two weeks ago fixed up my grey screen issues nicely. Though I dont play d3 and and people only seem to be complaining about that, but should I get the new ones if everything is great atm, probably not :p

Soxy

18. Cendrier

Cendrier Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 7870 OC Edition
    I did research on what Xsplit was and that is not my issue and is not what has been described on this forum.... Although I was hopeful there for a second.... :bang:

I just purchased GuildWars 2 and will see if same issue in that game... My issue could have been D3 all this time. For me only occurs when playing D3 and I have no other demanding games to try.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2012
  19. terryble

terryble Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 670
    Xsplit issue is related to a crash of using the driver..
    jus like what we are experiencing here~~

Last edited: Aug 17, 2012
  20. rumpltumpskin

rumpltumpskin Guest

GPU:
    it isn't just diablo 3 but it does happen more often for me when playing newer games (2012) but i have also had it happen occasionally while playing older stuff like prototype 1 and mass effect 2 and just now with shogun 2 on the campaign map which is not demanding at all. i didn't try 12.8 but after installing 8.982.0.0 RC1 the problem does seem to happen less.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.