RadeonPro BETA (Automating 3D Settings)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by japamd, May 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    Thank you very much for fixing this issue so quickly. Star Wars: The Old Republic now works fine with the latest preview build.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2012
  2. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    I guess driver SSAA needs native MSAA support, in other words you can't force SSAA if the game doesn't support native MSAA. If the driver doesn't support combining them, I guess it's not possible.

64-bit apps aren't supported, too much hassle for almost no benefits, sorry.

IDK, didn't tested RP with Windows 8 yet. I guess Metro apps use DX in a different way and that may be causing the slowdown.

Load time isn't an issue, the game should be detected no matter how long it takes to start. About the overlay, maybe it's something at your end that's preventing it to work (user permissions, firewalls that block hooks etc.)

Great :)

3. teleguy

teleguy Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070/Vega 56
    Is there maybe a way to enable SSAA in Directx 10/11 for the non HD7000 users?

4. kn00tcn

kn00tcn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    570m / MSI 660 Gaming OC
    unless there's an update in the last 2 months that i missed, RP doesnt 'do' ogl

so try CF profiles manually (renaming exe, but there arent that many to choose from)

i've also seen some interesting things in the ogl XML & CAP XML files of the driver... but never played with them

i also recall that some of these d3 mods break CF, while the vanilla game works fine

5. yaji

yaji Active Member

GPU:
    HIS Radeon 4850 512MB
    I have got small problem with Vindictus. It seems that RadeonPro does not detect it. The game starts fine, but no 3D options are applied and OSD/FXAA is not working. I tried messing with compatibility settings but without results. Vindictus is source engine based, HackShield protected, f2p mmo game. Is there any way to fix that?

6. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
    if you want injecting and API monitoring things you cant, but you can launch some doomy 32bit exes together with wow so RP switches graphic settings with it like in wow :nerd: (just use .bat files to launch and close wow)

7. Aluminumhaste

Aluminumhaste Member

GPU:
    2xATI Radeon 5870m
    Well that's.......interesting. :bang:
    I ****ing HATE ATI DRIVERS. I mean what the **** is the problem with their engineers? Nvidia has had a working profile creation system for YEARS, ****ing YEARS.

8. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    define "do" ogl.

it cetainly does some functions...

API logos, tripple buffering, etc...

9. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    CFX compatibility profiles don't work for OpenGL games.

I don't know...

Is Vindictus a 64-bit app? Do you have other source engine based games to test?

Last edited: Aug 9, 2012
  10. yaji

yaji Active Member

GPU:
    HIS Radeon 4850 512MB
    No its 32bit app and except Vindictus I have only one source based game - Alien Swarm, and its working fine.

11. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    What's the game executable name?

12. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    I get profile activation sounds even tho sounds are disabled in RP and also Windows.

any fix?

thx

13. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    How do they get it done with nVidia cards? The 3rd party program nVidia Inspector allows it even though there are no settings in the driver to do it.

14. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    He said he did that intentionally and would put a setting in to disable it later. its suppose to only be for vsync and triple buffering however.

15. yaji

yaji Active Member

GPU:
    HIS Radeon 4850 512MB
    vindictus.exe

edit.

Oh and I forgot to mention that the game requires administrator rights too run. I tried to run RadeonPro as administrator, but it did not helped.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2012

16. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    John,

The last 2 builds of RP is crashing some games. The first 2 builds did not do this.

If I disable API monitoring, it works though but then I can't see my framerate.

Tested it in ARMA 2 FREE on steam. Used the same profiles.

Can you double check this?

17. Bat_Zonko

Bat_Zonko Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 7950 OC
    I may be talking out my arse here (no experience with Nvidia Inspector) but I believe it operates similiar to the way we use Radeon Pro to force a different Application Profile for a game.

It (Inspector) isn't running a Super Sampling external program like the TommTi program, it is just telling the driver that Game "A" is really Game "B", and since Game "B" can have AA applied to it, then you can now apply AA to Game "A".

Unless Nvidia has a part of their driver AA that is really super-sampling AA (rendering the image at 2x or 4x size and then sampling down), then you would have to find a compatable game that allows AA, then you can force AA and then use Nvidia form of SSAA.

Same as Radeon Pro, find a profile that you spoof the driver with and will allow you to force AA, then you can force AMD's style of SSAA.

Of course, I may be allllllll kinds of wrong here :)

Bats

18. MichaelTurbo

MichaelTurbo Member

GPU:
    7970x2 lightning@1300/160
    Great thanks to Japamd for revising & updating this phenomenal & long-time quintessential Radeon owners all-in-one program. Serious.

Latest build has a glitch that eliminates all OSD activity for me. I'm running driver package 9.00-120612a-140545E-ATI

19. TheLionzHeart1

TheLionzHeart1 Member

GPU:
    I figured out what was causing the OSD to not show up during games, it was Saphire's TRIXX utility. If I have that running in the background it conflicts with RP's API I think.

20. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    NV drivers have a lot of feature and compatibility bit flags which make easier to activate/deactive features. AMD on the other way doesn't.

Tried Vindictus and everything works fine with my working build. Maybe it will work for you too.

I don't know why, but hopefully next preview build will fix that.

Other driver works? I'm testing with 12.7 beta but other versions should work as well.

Hmmm, can't reproduce that behavior here, are you sure it's TriXX conflicting with RP?

@topic, good news. Got alternate vsync working in DX9 and all above. New build incoming if I can find spare time this week to finish testing.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.