What is the fastest you've ever driven and what car?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by FULMTL, Jul 16, 2012.

1. Sash

Sash Ancient Guru

GPU:
    video
    remembered this thread when i was on the highway 2 days ago, and i got to 220 km/h in the 1.4 tsi fabia rs, i think 240 km/h is max it can go to

2. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    So what's that like, given that it is the same chassis as the 1.9PD Vrs but has a much smaller (more powerful), lighter engine and it doesn't look quite as aero dynamic. My 1.9PD Vrs felt rock solid at 132.

Um also wasn't this the same car that you nearly died in because it lost power and was going to result in someone somewhere being epically sued?

3. Sash

Sash Ancient Guru

GPU:
    video
    Same chassis like the new Polo GTI, and yeah, it seems that it was a problem with the fuel quality, some impurities probably got in the injectors and, i had to put in the most expensive fuel with 101 RON in it, along with a fuel system cleaning fluid made in the States, and it seems that solved the problem, that is why i went so fast with it, tough that at high speeds the injects would clean up faster, seems they did.

It is pretty stable at 220 km/h, but noisy and engine struggles because its so small

Last edited: Jul 21, 2012
  4. Athlonite

Athlonite Maha Guru

GPU:
    Pulse RX5700 8GB
    I've gone 152KMh in an 2 door honda city hatch (non turbo) I owned most scared I've ever been in a car at high speed, Pill monster will know where this is Rangitaiki plains heading into taupo

I was passing a 7 series BMW I bet that ripped his panties ROFL

5. Andrew LB

Andrew LB Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080@2,025
    The fastest I've ever driven was 178mph (286km/h) in a Mercedes CLS65 AMG that had the full "Brabus Rocket" package. The car had 730hp and one of the Brabus pro drivers set the world record in 2006 for the fastest sedan, clocking an insane 227mph (365.7km/h). I used to work for Brabus/CEC and was able to drive some amazing vehicles while working there. And before anyone asks... no, I did not do this on a public road.

As for my own vehicles, I've taken my 2010 Audi A4 2.0t to 160mph. 6th gear had a little more it could have gone but I just wasn't feeling it. One thing I've learned in 18 years of driving... if you have a gut feeling which makes you second guess yourself, it's always correct. I'm a firm believer in the 6th sense because it saved my life 6 years ago when I got this really odd feeling that i shouldn't be in the left lane, so i moved one to the right. About 20 seconds later an oncoming car crossed into oncoming traffic and hit me almost completely head on @ 50mph vs 45mph. If I had been in the left lane i would have been nailed perfectly straight on and more than likely been killed. I still got smashed up bad tho... took 4 months before i could walk again. lol. My 2001 Audi A4 wasn't as lucky as me. :) After I was healed up, I made the brilliant move of buying a Mitsubishi Evolution IX. You'd think after an accident like the one I was in I would have bought a safe car. LoL... nope!

6. The Michael

The Michael Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 680 Lightning
    Damn, that must've been nice!
    I got to see a few Brabus optimized Models here in Germany, just not long enough to really have a close look at them. :D
    Really damn fine machines.

I feel you man.
    Got a DC2 with the sixth gear completly missing, which means high RPM on higher speed and cut off at 240 km/h.
    Kinda annoying when trying to cruize on the Autobahn.

Great move mate!
    The Evo 7 to 9 series are so damn awesome! It's a shame what they've done to the X series.
    Had the pleasure to drive a Evo 8 and 9 in the past, those things are allwheeldrive-track-killers!

7. lothyr

lothyr Guest

GPU:
    EAH 6850 DC
    So...Can you get me a Dealer Discount on one of those Brabus's?:eyes:

8. elkosith

elkosith Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RX 6600
    R1 and Hayabusa... my dream bikes... and they will remain in my dream. They're too fast for Jakarta's jammed roads.

Once I rode 130 kph on a 110 cc Yamaha moped. That's quite a speed for a moped.

9. Andrew LB

Andrew LB Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080@2,025
    Here is a shot of me at Buttonwillow Raceway getting sideways through a reducing radius turn called "off ramp". As the name implies, its a very popular spot for people to come in too fast and end up out in the dirt.

Notice the sticker on the passenger side of the windshield? hehe. I still had paper plates on the car. :) I think it was a month old.
    [​IMG]

This is my friends STi. He and his brother grew up in Bulgaria and used to be rally drivers. Now they own Renner Motorsport in Los Angeles.

I think he had a GT30R turbo in it. :) Gotta love the fire-ball.

[​IMG]

Heh. I haven't been with the company in 5 years, and to be honest... I'm not even sure if cecwheels is a partner of Brabus anymore.

edit: Nope.... i just checked. CEC used to be the North American importer for Novitec-Rosso, TechArt, Brabus, AC Schnitzer, and Antera. Out of those brands, they now only import Novitec and Schnitzer. wow... i'm stunned. TechArt was our biggest account when i was with the company.

10. lothyr

lothyr Guest

GPU:
    EAH 6850 DC
    You must have ice in your veins or a good dose of fearlessness.

A joke came to mind about mopeds and girls, but I think some people might get offended if I wrote this joke out.. :p

I would be soo nervous on a moped at that speed...and nervousness leads to mistakes...

Top Speed on one of those Micro Crotch Rockets anyone?
    IDK their real name

11. elkosith

elkosith Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RX 6600
    Hehe... my moped is not stock so it can reach that speed. It's very unstable at that speed so I only did it once, I'm scared too. Love the acceleration after it tuned up

12. HamsterCrispy

HamsterCrispy Guest

GPU:
    GTX 650 Ti SSC
    Got up to 100 kph on a Suzuki Raider 150cc, i wanted to push it a little more but my eyes were tearing even though I had my full face helmet on lol

On a car only about 80 kph, I cant drive crazy where I live, roads are too narrow and curvy :D

That is just sick :O

13. elkosith

elkosith Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RX 6600
    That suzuki is capable to run faster than that. That's the only 6 geared DOHC moped I know. In Indonesia it's called Satria (knight)

When I ran 100 kph for the first time my eyes were also tearing..

14. MM10X

MM10X Guest

GPU:
    3080 FE
    Damn this thread...

127mph (~205kph), Toyota Cressida around 5000rpm in 4th.(makes max power @5600rpm) So close to touching 130, had to brake for corner... ABS kicked in at 100mph! Need better tyres to try higher speed.

Keeps pulling, I don't think there is any straight that I can max it out around here.

15. senior98

senior98 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    xfx 8800GT 512mb

Nice! Mind telling what's done to it if anything?

I just bought an 87 MX73 with the 5M-GE (with the slushbox automatic) and I've gotten it up to about 110 in it's bone stock state, took a lot of road to do though :D

16. viren

viren Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 2070
    190kmph in my suzuki sx4 [104.68ps@5600rpm]. Got customized air filter and spark plugs.

17. scheherazade

scheherazade Ancient Guru

GPU:
    fullHDs
    One of my cars has 100 hp more than that, and can barely get over 190.

-scheherazade

18. CronoGraal

CronoGraal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6900XT Merc 319
    The GTR ;)? In its defense it weighs a lot more than the Merc.

19. The Michael

The Michael Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 680 Lightning
    Power without proper weight means nothing, so yeah.
    I'd rather have a light car with less hp, than a heavy car with a lot of hp.
    A lighter car is also better to handle than a tank.

Mine got around 1.1 tons with a 4 cylinders 1.8l 190hp engine, and it can compete with cars way out of it's hp league, especially in tight corners.

BTW, are we speaking about a Nissan GTR, scheherazade?
    If so, you are awesome! :D

20. CronoGraal

CronoGraal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6900XT Merc 319
    Oh no, I know. I was referring to his comparison. And iirc he owns(owned?) a GTR and perhaps an Evo aswell.