These "reality" ghost shows.

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Mr_ALLroy, Aug 9, 2012.

1. Mr_ALLroy

Mr_ALLroy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Is it me or, while watching these supposed reality shows about ghost finding. Have we really seen any solid evidence of ghosts or paranormal beings or events? I haven't. If you have. Plz share. I call BS.

2. jbmcmillan

jbmcmillan Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 GTX970
    Just another money maker aimed at the gullible.

3. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

That's true. They are also relatively cheap to make and get a decent number of viewers for the cost involved. It's the same with many of the other reality TV shows, you have a prize at the end, and all they really have to do is pay the staff. Location costs are low, per show cost is low, you get free actors (sorry, 'participants'). If there is viewer voting, they get extra money through votes.

For TV shows like Eureka, they have to pay for location, crew, actors, special effects, get no per show voting money etc., it makes it massively more expensive to make and the target audience is smaller.

These ghost reality shows are the lower end of reality, with probably some of the lowest production costs you could get from a show. Having the crew having to travel isn't an extra expense (since there are only a few crew) considering the alternative costs of using a studio.

The other thing with more 'risky' ventures like sci-fi shows is people complaining that it is too similar to other shows. Look at Terra Nova, it was actually profitable for Fox. Before it came out and in the first show, people whinged and complained that it was 'Jurassic Park' crossed with 'Lost'. Towards the end of the season the same people complained that it wasn't like 'Jurassic Park' or 'Lost'. Figure that out!

4. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Real question is why are you watching that garbage in the first place? ;)

5. Dustpuppy

Dustpuppy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    integrated - fffffffuuuuu
    I don't watch the shows to even know if they've got evidence. I don't feel they're worth the time of day.

6. Andrés

Andrés Guest

There's an easy answer to your question: whenever the "investigators" seem scared of a ghost that is supposedly behind the cameraman, is the cameraman scared too? ;)

7. crushilista

crushilista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 670
    It's amusing. See it as nothing more than cheap comedy and you'll be fine.

8. elkosith

elkosith Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RX 6600
    Indonesian people mostly believe in supernatural things. There are several ghost reality shows here. One of them always visit scary places and challenge a person to stay in that place in complete darkness from 00:00 - 04:00 am for two nights. The show has two spiritual 'experts' who apparently can see, feel, and interact with the 'spirits' in that place.

Several infrared cameras capture the event. Most of the time the participant will get some disturbance from the spirits like howling, growling, crying, foot step, etc. Even the camera can capture the sounds of the spirits. In rare occasion the participant might get possessed.

The reaction of the participants to the disturbances usually look real/genuine, but I doubt that the source of the disturbances are from real spirits.

9. JerichoKru

JerichoKru Member Guru

GPU:
    HIS HD 6850 1GB
    The only one I watched, when I still had cable, was Ghost Adventures. I found this to be the only "realistic" show out of the one's I've seen. I use that term loosely. Still very entertaining.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2012
  10. volkov956

volkov956 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 12GB
    TV went to hell once Reality TV took hold I dont watch much TV at all thanks to it

I seen some of those ghost shows what a joke is all i can say

11. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Ditto.

12. Taint3dBulge

Taint3dBulge Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI Suprim X 4090
    Here is a question. How many of you believe in a god, its the same difference. Not trying to change the topic or start a flame war here. But its the same thing, you cannot explain that either.. Now iv watched those shows from time to time.. Lots are just um.. blah but sometimes there is some creepy stuff.. plus some of the chicks are hot on them shows ;) ... Now when they say ghosts i beg to differ on that, it could possibly be some sort of rip in time space or some sort of other dimension.. Who knows, and quite frankly i think we will never know cause its one of those things that cannot be explained at least not in our life time.

13. proliferazor

proliferazor Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7950
    Question: If something has no proof that it ever existed, how in the hell do we know about it?

Answer: We made it up.

14. Athlonite

Athlonite Maha Guru

GPU:
    Pulse RX5700 8GB
    I have enough problems in my own reality why the **** would I want to watch some other dumb pricks life and the one time I watched one of those "Ghost hunter" programs I never once saw anything that looked even vaguely like an apparition, spirit, boogie man or what ever you wish to call it.... god I wish I could get that 30mins of my life back

15. elkosith

elkosith Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RX 6600
    In my school, the boy's toilet on the 4th floor has 2 cubicles. The bowl in one of them is always broken/jammed, no matter how many times it had been fixed. That floor has no class room only a sport hall and some labs.

One day, during a sport class, a student rolled a ball out of the hall and it stopped just in front of the boy's toilet. No students dare to pick the ball, so the sport teacher went to pick it up. As he reached down to grab the ball he tilted his head to the direction of the troubled cubicle and he was shocked to see a woman with long hair and black face inside the cubicle, staring at him.

He ran back to the hall as fast as he can, and since then that cubicle is closed.

No one needs to believe this story, but I won't call my friend a liar.
    That 'event' is not the only one happened in my school

16. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    I asked my magic 8 ball if this story was true.....it said not a chance

17. Andrés

Andrés Guest

[​IMG]

18. StewieTech

StewieTech Chuck Norris

GPU:
    MSI gtx 960 Gaming
    I don´t care about anyone besides my family and few other people so to me seeing a tv show about fictional people´s lives, listen to some rumor on the street, read about celebrities and so on is stupid and a waste of time. In general i think humanity has reached it´s maximum stupidity and will collapse in itself any minute, just like capitalism.:)

19. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
  20. scoter man1

scoter man1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070ti
    Its clearly fake. I used to watch one (when I was younger). The series started out with minimal findings. Now if you watch it, its like very loud sounds and a lot of them. Clear voices. Its all a buncha BS. If you need proof, they just do that to keep up with ratings.