RadeonPro BETA (Automating 3D Settings)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by japamd, May 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xNAPx

xNAPx Guest

GPU:
    MSI R7970 Lightning
    so...because of this should I upgrade or not?

2. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    The previous bundled AppProfiles.dll file had a dependency on a debug runtime library which is not commonly installed, hence the error at startup. Sorry guys.

Installer update yet again
    http://www.radeonpro.info/Download/RadeonPro_Preview.exe

@Pill Monster: this build does not have the socket code, should run fine at your end.

@xNAPx: the preview builds are meant for testing, I'll appreciate if you use it and report the bugs :)

3. DeFade

DeFade Guest

GPU:
    SapphireToxic R9 280X 3GB
    Installed fine now and everything seems to working. The toggleable FXAA is simply awesome.

4. xNAPx

xNAPx Guest

GPU:
    MSI R7970 Lightning
    ok i will :), anyway i've just reported that when u enable supersampling, the program says SSAA=-1 and not SSAA=1, moreover when you change from SuperSampling to MultiSampling the program does not modify anything in the actiovation profile list

Last edited: Aug 6, 2012

5. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    Awesome!
    Working great now!!

A suggestions if I may.
    Can you add a notification when we enable/disable SSAA/FXAA?
    An small little red/green button at a configurable space could do it (next to the fps perhaps?)

Thanks again! :D

6. xNAPx

xNAPx Guest

GPU:
    MSI R7970 Lightning
    very strange behaviour, when i set from multisampling ti supersampling, nothing change, SMAA level and quality remain on "-1", should i force it by modifying the profile manually with the notepad setting the profile on "read only mode" in order to prevent radeon pro to modify it?

7. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    No more startup error, thanks. :)

Small bug = SMAA is checked by default and can't be disabled. Actually none of the Global settings can be changed either....

Last edited: Aug 6, 2012
  8. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    I can confirm this too.

9. BAZOKA1942

BAZOKA1942 Member Guru

GPU:
    sapphire r9 390

10. Thalyn

Thalyn Guest

I'm pretty sure Japamd has only enabled FXAA in these preview builds, since he hasn't mentioned anything about SMAA. The options are probably there because adding them to the UI is much easier than adding the SMAA code itself I suspect he wants to be sure his injection code (or however it's applied) is actually working before devoting the time to adding the actual SMAA code, at which time the UI elements will be enabled and the settings corrected.

For now, I think it's safe to ignore the SMAA settings. They don't work. If you click the checkbox a couple times (even though it doesn't change) than you can get rid of the notation showing that it's taking the setting if it really bothers you that much. Note that the global setting will always display since that's what his global settings will do - it can only be removed in profiles.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2012

11. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    Mr. John, While RadeonPro is working with the latest 1.1.1.0 Preview Build, Star Wars: The Old Republic is still crashing on startup when RadeonPro is in memory.
    It gives a black screen with the round mouse cursor when starting up for a second and then it drops back to the Desktop without error message.

There are no problems with the stable 1.1.0.6 build and Star Wars: The Old Republic, however.

12. Thalyn

Thalyn Guest

Unfortuantely, I've also found an incompatibility between the latest preview build and both Windows Live Messenger and Windows Live Mail.

Essentially neither of these programs can be run with RadeonPro loaded. Adding their executables to the Compatability list and disabling detection, as well as globally disabling detection, don't seem to do anything to fix that. The only way to get them to work with this latest build is to exit RadeonPro entirely before loading them.

In the case of WLMail, the program appears in the Task Manager and in the notification bar, but the notification icon is non-responsive. The main program window doesn't open, nor is the task visible on the taskbar. Only a black rectangle is rendered instead of the normal opening screen.

In the case of WLMessenger, the program opens but the windows are black except for their boarders - though they still seem to respond. If someone messages you than you can see what they've written but cannot interact with the window, including attempting to write back. If you load WLMessenger and then load RadeonPro than everything functions as normal, though opening a conversation window will cause WLMessenger to hang. If you open the conversation window before loading RadeonPro than everything works fine (for that window).

My experiences with earlier preview builds and release builds did not show these problems.

13. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Exactly :)

Please download the preview installer again and let me know if you still having problems.

The last preview build wasn't honoring black list settings due to some internal changes to the hook engine, it has been corrected last night. Download the preview installer again and see if it's still happening.

14. duraznoz

duraznoz Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870
    FPS overlay and screenshots don't seem to work yet (tested only with some DX8 and DX9 games), using Catalyst 12.4b, any word on that? thanks for this awesome program!

15. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Did you configured FPS count and overlay utilization at settings? Maybe it's just hidden or you're not using a profile and RP isn't configured to show overlay for games that don't have a profile defined.

D3D8 apps aren't supported on this preview.

16. duraznoz

duraznoz Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870
    Tested again and yes, it seems that only DX8 games do not work. Looking forward the final version!

17. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    Hey Japamd.

can you add a time stamp to the build number?

its hard to tell sometimes if ive got the latest preview as you arent advancing the build numbers.

18. Aluminumhaste

Aluminumhaste Member

GPU:
    2xATI Radeon 5870m
    I cannot get Doom 3 or The Dark Mod (Doom 3 Source mod) to work with crossfire. I've installed the latest CAPs, and running 12.7 beta.
    Just downloaded the latest release 10 minutes ago and reinstalled no change. I've tried forcing Doom3 and ETQW crossfire profiles from the driver, but still can't get FPS overlay or crossfire to work.
    Has anyone else tried Doom 3?

19. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Hmmm, I don't think so, the preview is going to last a few more days only.

There are a few more things I want to add, SMAA as you are aware and Alternative Vsync, used by consoles for quite a long time and recently made its debut to PCs as Adaptive VSync by NVidia. And one more thing, but it's surprise :)

3 things that bothered me a lot are almost done, one was triple buffering injection for D3D9 that didn't worked so well 'till now, I think the last preview (updated a few minutes ago) is much better than before. The other thing was the hotkey handling which is already fixed and last, the issues when playing games that make use of Steam overlay.

BTW, the last preview build plays a sound when forced vsync/triple-buffering is applied, I'll put an option to make it optional in a future build.

20. Thalyn

Thalyn Guest

So far, so good. I'll report back if I find anything else but for now I think you nailed it.

Big fan of your work, Japamd - can't wait to see what this surprise feature is!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.