Welcome to Guru3D v4.0 !

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by PhazeDelta1, Aug 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sabbath

Sabbath Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super
    Looks very cool. :cheers:

2. FuriousAngel

FuriousAngel Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4700 OC
  3. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Looks fine to me on Chrome.

4. Nato.dbnz

Nato.dbnz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5870 Crossfire
    It's all tied to screen size. The resizing hasn't been handled correctly as it allows the content to vanish on the right hand side below a certain width.

5. FuriousAngel

FuriousAngel Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4700 OC
    Probably because your screen size is big enough. If it isn't, it hides part of the article. It shouldn't do that but rather expand so that everything fits inside.

6. Dekaohtoura

Dekaohtoura Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6700XT SWFT
    Pas Mal, but it will take a while to get used to it.

7. Norvekh

Norvekh Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080 Ti
    The blues are rather intense. They send me back to that music video Blue from Eiffel 65 from 1998. And, yeah, the Facebook stuff coming above the articles doesn't make sense to me. Articles should be the primary focus on the main page given this is a hardware review site. Having what looks very much like an ad banner for Facebook above the site content is backwards.

8. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    I love this place Hilbert, but, the front-page looks rubbish. It's as bad as what facebook has done to their site with the time-line thing. Sorry mate.

I much prefer the "compartmentalized" look of the old site. Now it just looks scattered and a mess.

9. Raa

Raa Member

GPU:
    Just
    Absolutely terrible.

10. Ji1986

Ji1986 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Its great guru is finally improving there website, however I think it needs a bit more improvment. something that looks more professional.

11. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    If you have issue with the articles or the site....which you appear to...feel free to go else where. Some of us actually like the new main page and are tired of seeing the same old, boring page layout used by nearly every other site on the internet. If you want to see spelling and grammatical errors, go visit THG....their articles appear to be written by kindergarteners.

12. jcfsusmc

jcfsusmc Guest

GPU:
    EVGA/GTX-470/1280 X2
    I like it.

13. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    I think the layout is much better -- but the graphic/art side of it does look dated.

It's definitely a significant improvement in readability and stuff tho.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2012
  14. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    It's a tad disheartening to see some of comments posted by members that have been here for sometime. Let's remember what the boss provides here, we have a fantastic and vibrant forum and great hardware reviews.

I dread to think how much time and effort it must take to keep all this running so keep the comments coming but please try to be a little more respectful for everything that you are getting for free!

15. Major Melchett

Major Melchett Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 280X @ 1100/1500
    I'm not sure why your stated this. So far i've read 1 or 2 responces that i would deem actully disrespectful (1 quoted at the top of the page - which got reponded to with a very bad responce aswell i might add), other than that all the negative responces regarding the change to the front page have been pretty respectful or very simple with no big flames.

Saying things like this make it seem like people can't disagree with a change and if we do we are somehow disrespectful. I've been here since 2004 and i don't like the new look at all and i think the old look was much more professional looking. Sayng that isn't disrespectful, it's simply stating i don't like it and that i prefered the old look.

I'll happily still come here (as i still think it's the best HW site around) so i'll put up with how it looks now (or make some adjustments using the thing posted earlier in the thread).

16. Funky Doodle

Funky Doodle Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte ATI HD 5830 1GB
    windows 8 ready?

17. Sash

Sash Ancient Guru

GPU:
    video
    it's not generic at all, it's called a trend, and sometimes, it takes a trend to set the rithm of things to happen, i just feel that sites like neowin, (im gonna use abrevietions now so that the BOSS does not mid :D TP, LR, etc) look much more profesional and are up to date with today's site aesthetics, now the content in another thing... hehe fortunately G3D has so much good content, but i don't know, the design is on another level, lower, that is an annoyance, a good site with a good community with a good content being ruined by the design, oh well, that is a balance i guess! but i love that g3d decided to make a redesign from scratch rather than using a CMS template or whatever, that shows dedication and there was a lot of work done, even if the final product is not liked by 30% of people, which is not the majority, anyway, im part of that 30% what can i do?

18. Xendance

Xendance Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    Nice, another site that doesn't smoothly scroll on Opera :(

19. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    I've made a distinct change for the news items at the front page, instead of two columns, do you guys like the single one (as it is now) better ?

Also i removed the ad unit inside the separate news items to keep the design a little cleaner.

20. Spets

Spets Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I like the single column better :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.