Fast forward dreaming?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by tweakpower, Aug 4, 2012.

1. tweakpower

tweakpower Banned

GPU:
    MSI HD 6770
    Well, i had that from time to time, but recently, it happens more often, and more constant to the point that last few dreams was fast forwarded.

So, any of you guys had the same thing? And you solved how? Just curious, it doesn't bothers me, asked few friends only, they didn't even had that (ever!?).

From one site (dream moods) i read this: "If your dream is in fast forward, then it suggests that you are living life in the fast lane. You need to slow down. Alternatively, it may indicate that life is passing you by if you do not jump in and participate in it. "

And it pretty much match with me, especially first line, for another one, maybe.

Any thoughts/experiences?

2. CronoGraal

CronoGraal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6900XT Merc 319
    lmfao that is such a hilariously vague statement, both which contradict eachother just to insure everyone fits. @_@

3. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    dream psychiatry is pretty much pointless at best anyway, I would suggest not trying to understand dreams, just remember them then it gives you some good talking points for later

4. tweakpower

tweakpower Banned

GPU:
    MSI HD 6770
    Agree ;).

Yeah, but point is not to understand dream itself (i believe that dreams represent all things current in your life mixed with past, and then filtered trough dream) but the way it represent itself (fast forward, like when you play movie x2 or more), or with flashes (like old fashioned cartoons from paper to paper, also fast forwarder).

Did that happens to you guys? Or I'm just insane?:D

5. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    I don't think ive had a dream in some sort of cartoon filter before, and I don't recall time ever speeding up, maybe slowing down.

6. Doug

Doug Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970
    I once had a few nights of dreaming my teeth were dropping out, google said it indicated that you are self conscious about your teeth and at that point in time I had been stressing about exactly that :eek:

7. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    I had a dream I was ugly...Whew...That was a nightmare...All was good when I Looked In The Mirror...

8. llerenaprincipe

llerenaprincipe Ancient Guru

GPU:
    DIAMOND X1950XTX 512MB, 650/2000Mhz
    That's never happened to me.
    I have had dreams where I open my eyes and get up and move around the house and then go back to my bed and wake up. weird

9. tweakpower

tweakpower Banned

GPU:
    MSI HD 6770
    Thanks guys. Imagine you wake up, open your eyes, but you can't move :) But you still dreaming in background, now that is scary and weird, but for what i know, it happens to people often (including me), it's when your mind starting to wake up, but REM paralysis is still active (you are too tired). Then, all you have to do is to relax, and you will fall asleep briefly, and wake up in normal way.

10. CronoGraal

CronoGraal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6900XT Merc 319
    yeah i know that feeling, happened to me a few times.

11. slick3

slick3 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    Usually that happens to me when i'm very tired, sick or when I play a certain game for hours until the sun rises and i'm again, very very tired. Then i dream about that game as if i'm playing it in fast forward mode, not the best feeling i should say.

12. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    No exactly FF, but i had some rather unusual not long ago..

I dreamed I could travel back in time with mind focused time jumping meditation :grin:

I ended in 1950's era with few friends and there was another mind time traveler. She was a spy with some strange scar on ear and neck - like burned flesh, i could see her neck had gills and she breath with those gills xD

She got alarmed when I checked out her scar from the distance, then she turned around and looked if someone followed her, soon after that we shifted to another later time..

It looked like some scifi movie, crazy stuff lol

Last edited: Aug 4, 2012
  13. tweakpower

tweakpower Banned

GPU:
    MSI HD 6770
    Hey thanks, that's very helpful, tired + not sleep when you should = fast forward dreams? For now, we have two matches ;). And feeling is terrible sometimes, yeah :(

lol, now thatw as crazy, welcome to the dream world i guess :)

14. Tom F

Tom F Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Saab 900
    I do find that if I do some concentrated gaming, then I sometimes have a quicksave feature - if something bad's about to happen I can reload and do something else...which is odd, but kind of handy lol

15. llerenaprincipe

llerenaprincipe Ancient Guru

GPU:
    DIAMOND X1950XTX 512MB, 650/2000Mhz
    You're talking about sleep paralysis, I've had that too, scary

16. putty

putty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF 4090
    Never had a flashforward dream, I do unfortunately had have some walker dreams... Worst one was a few months ago when my appartement(its in a flat) was turned into a maze and I was somehow at the wrong floor.

So I walked out my room door(Somehow I took my blanket with me, I guess it was cold:p), and got lost, then walked out another door and stepped into the elevator to get to the right floor. While in the elevator, I kept on pressing the button for my floor, but nothing happened... Then the realisation came, that the elevator was already at the floor I needed to be, and I was almost naked with only a blanket around me, stuck outside my appartement without a key to open the locked door.

Lesson learned: I now always lock my room door, and it works great:p I actually woke up a few times trying to open my room door and fiddeling with the keys without understanding why it wouldn't open:D

17. tweakpower

tweakpower Banned

GPU:
    MSI HD 6770
    Yes, usually when I have that, it is a nightmare in background, if it is only a nice dream ;).

We have even quick save moonwalkers here (from the other posts) :).

18. Andrés

Andrés Guest

Dreams within a dream; those are the ones that amaze me. I had only a few of them in my whole life, but they are very interesting.

Additionally, some food for thought: a couple of months ago I was walking and then turned my head and saw something that somehow triggered a nerve and made me recall a dream I had when I was a child (I'm 34 now). It makes me ask myself: do we really forget things?, or just memorize everything but somehow cover what we don't need to remember for practical reasons, yet if you trigger the exact nerve, you can recall those memories?

19. scoter man1

scoter man1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070ti
    You gotta hate those dreams where you somehow end up falling really far and then waking up by pushing yourself off your bed. Or the ones where you can't scream.

20. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    i once dreamt i was playing a videogame..

but then i realized i wasn't dreaming.. i was well awake, just tripping on Absinthe [​IMG]