Clueless slowdown/lag?

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by MoelbachDk, Aug 2, 2012.

1. MoelbachDk

MoelbachDk Guest

GPU:
    HD6990 Club3D Stock
    Sup guys. The title basically says it. My games (BF3, Crysis, Crysis 2, Skyrim) doesn't run as they are supposed to, WHEN I GAME. Though whenever I record (using Fraps), and play it back in Media Player the game seems to run 10x smoother than when I'm actually playing.

Also, I've seen videos on YouTube where people get like 45 frames, and the gameplay is unbelievable smooth, compared to mine. Even though I don't even think that I've ever gone that low before.

EDIT: I've just tested out BF3 to give you the exact explanation of whats the issue, and it seems like its kinda like screen tearing (which would make sense cause the 6990 is a dual-gpu, which are know for screen tearing), only that in this case its a lot worse than I've ever seen. Basically my whole screen seems to get torn apart multiple places, and gets placed kinda like over each other really fast. It also seems to be alot worse when the settings are maxed out, even though I'm running the same fps, as the lower setting.

This issue is only present when my fps is not capped, though I'm still having problems running my games well below 60 frames, which others seem to be able to.

I anybody knows about this issue, or maybe got a fix for it, that'd be very much appreciated. Thanks:)

2. lenne

lenne Guest

GPU:
    1080 GTX Gainward
    latest caps / drivers ?

3. MoelbachDk

MoelbachDk Guest

GPU:
    HD6990 Club3D Stock
    I always keep my drivers up to date. Though I've stopped downloading CAPs because they don't do anything else but reduce my framerate even more.

4. rievhardt

rievhardt Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 7870
    system specs? try cleaning out cache...use CCleaner...might be the cause of the slowdown.

5. MoelbachDk

MoelbachDk Guest

GPU:
    HD6990 Club3D Stock
    Specs to the left.

Already tried CCleaner.

6. Yttersta

Yttersta Member

GPU:
    Some
    Could it be related to some sort of vsync issue?
    Has it appeared just out of the blue?

7. MoelbachDk

MoelbachDk Guest

GPU:
    HD6990 Club3D Stock
    It has been a problem ever since I first got my pc (for over a year ago).

Maybe, possibly. V-Sync though is able to fix it, but on the cost of my mouse responsiveness, which in the end really isn't that much better.

8. IchigoQc

IchigoQc Guest

GPU:
    GTX 660 TI Boost Ed
    Micro

Hey there,

I had the exact same issue as yours with BF3 in the beginning. For some unknown reason, some people can see the micro stuttering more then others. I think you're suffering from micro-stuttering. The framerate isn't balanced so fraps for example see 130 fps but in reality u have 130 then drop to 80 and go back to 130 extremely fast. Unfortunately, the eye can see it. It's true that vsync help but as you mentioned, there is a lack of responsiveness.

I suggest you try forcing triple buffering over Direct 3D, it should fixed the mouse responsiveness, with a software called d3doverrider, you can google it.

For BF3, try this by opening the console in BF3 : RenderDevice.ForceRenderAheadLimit 1. You can also play with the number at the end.

You can also try to force AFR Friendly see if that helps and CCC by adding profiles. Usually it's fixed by tweaking the crossfire profile and it's in amd's hand.

As I don't play the other games .... I can't help but I think D3D can help you.

Hope this help

Last edited: Aug 2, 2012
  9. MoelbachDk

MoelbachDk Guest

GPU:
    HD6990 Club3D Stock
    You said you've been having this issue before like me, but is this the way you fixed it?

Also, don't know if you read, but whenever my framerate drops below 60, the games ain't running smooth like I've seen many others do whenever they drop below 60. I've even been told to AIM for around 45 frames, though thats unbearable to play at for me.
    Got any suggestions?:) Thanks again, I'll try it;)

10. Von Dach

Von Dach Master Guru

GPU:
    NV560Ti @900/2394 ATI4890
    Disable Hyperthreading in your BIOS, this feature IS NOT good for gaming at all, each additional thread (over four) share the same cache with another thread from the same core. It's very bad. It's like splitting your cores speed in two. Got the same issue as you, after doing so I could not believe my eyes how better it was.

Some may say they get better fps with it enabled in some circumstances , fps is not everything if it imped playability.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2012

11. MoelbachDk

MoelbachDk Guest

GPU:
    HD6990 Club3D Stock
    Oh, really? Not good AT ALL? Tbh I thought it was only BF3 that was having trouble with HT, but if you say so, ok.

It doesn't really make that big of a difference anyways, even when I'm not playing games. It only enhances the pc's ability to multitask, right?

12. Von Dach

Von Dach Master Guru

GPU:
    Yes it may improve running multiple and different applications at the same time except games, who happens to be very cache demanding applications.

If I could go in the past, I'll bought a I7 2500K and save $100 (no HyperThreading).

Last edited: Aug 3, 2012
  13. MoelbachDk

MoelbachDk Guest

GPU:
    HD6990 Club3D Stock
    Funny you say that, because where I bought my pc, the only thing that wasn't really changeable, was my cpu. But is that really the only difference?

14. Von Dach

Von Dach Master Guru

GPU:
    Probably not, but I came by to say disabling hyperthreading may solve your issue. Using a search engine should answer your other questions.