The Guru3D Screenshot Thread - RTFM! #19 (Rules update!)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by John, Mar 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

Pretty shocked to see how well it runs actually, didn't expect this to run well for at least a few more years but after seeing how well twilight princess runs I decided to give it a try. Glad I did.

2. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Yep, dolphin is reasonably cpu intensive, so at 5ghz there would be no problems, aside from bugs.

3. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

Did have one crash and one almost crash where it stuttered for a second and then continued.

Not too bad to be honest as I was playing around with settings at the time when it crashed and once I settled for my current settings (2560x1600 +texture enhancements +2xAA), to achieve the game's 30 fps limit constantly, it played fine for over an hour.

ps.

That's with 3x native internal resolution (1920x1584), 16xAF and per pixel lighting.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2012
  4. shoja

shoja Guest

GPU:
    2080 GAMING X TRIO
    [​IMG]

5. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Get out of here stalker.
    [​IMG]
    (Clear Sky)

6. iako

iako Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 580 LIGHTNING
    [​IMG]

Some more Far Cry 2 shots.. really loving this game now ..and the landscape is amazing.
    The day / night cycles and dynamic weather are also awesome.. when it gets real windy and rains, the atmosphere change from the baking sun is very cool.

Click pics for full size (1920x1080)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 3, 2012
  7. Anfield82

Anfield82 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 7970
    Been a while since I've seen FC2. Great looking game, shame so many things weren't so great with it.

8. iako

iako Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 580 LIGHTNING
    Dug out some SSoC and SCS shots from a couple of months back.. both with Complete Mod ..gotta love the Zone :D

Click pics for full size (1920x1080)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. __hollywood|meo

__hollywood|meo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6700xt @2.7ghz
    best part about this pic is the spitter coach is staring at :wanker:

10. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    You should be okay so long as you don't use save/load states. If you load a state and move to a different area it will crash when it attempts to clear the cache. Dolphin links right to wiki pages, and according to that if you attempt to cache display lists it can cause Link's sword to disappear. Speaking of glitches, right as I wrote that last sentence the infamous AMD mouse pointer bug just happened, sigh.

I run it in DX11 mode with 16x AF at 4x native res (2560x2112, wtf?). The AA is too CPU intensive for me (regardless of which API is used) which is why I use 4x native for downsampling rather than using AA. At 4GHz a Nehalem/Bloomfield is just enough to prevent any frame drops in this game with those settings.

Dolphin appears to only use 2 threads. Setting things to use separate threads doesn't seem to help, everything seems to still be dumped on 2 threads then the time slices distributed.

12. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

Yeah I had a read through the wiki pages just before I started playing and there it recommended playing in dx11 to avoid banding and also the sword disappearing bug caused by Cache Display Lists.

The latest entry:
    Going by that I would think the save bug may be fixed but I've also been using in-game saves, but will have to be cautious.

Regarding the native resolution, WII seems to use a 5:4 ratio which explains the odd scaling. I had initially set it to 2560x2112 and 4xaa but as it brought my fps down to 22-23 I naturally had to lower settings and settled for the settings mentioned. I did notice that using the the earlier settings took quite a hit on the cpu.

I didn't try dropping the AA completely in favour of higher internal scaling though, possibly because I wasn't quite sure about the relative benefit of internally scaling higher than the 2560x1600 (4.1 MP) game resolution in use as it was being downsampled already to fit my displays native resolution of 1920x1200.

I Will have to do further comparisons and give more thought to the pros/cons of the two levels of downsampling/downscaling working in tandem compared to using additional antialiasing at some level. I am also not sure how the further 4 stages of AA executable at each AA level effect the image, my initial guess was that it is likely some form of additional post processing and therefore I left it off. It was way too late at night to examine or research all of this.

I did also notice the cpu temps had hit a relatively high temp of 63c on a core during my initial testing, this was higher than almost any other game I can think of. The apparent ability to only make use of 2 cores might have some part to play in this, though. I am also using the lock threads to cores option. This again will need further consideration.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2012
  13. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    There are required specific settings for each wii game.

for the zelda game its

Best revision: Latest Git builds. 3.0-xxx

Best settings:

Everything default, except:

- Prefered graphics plugin: DirectX 11
    - AA method should be done only by using higher internal resolutions. AA "standard" settings causes glitches.
    - AF should be set to 2X or higher to reduce/eliminate color banding
    - Disable "Skip EFB Access from CPU" to fix the pointer accuracy
    - Disable "External Frame Buffer"
    - Disable "Cache Display Lists"
    - EFB Copies should be enabled only with the "Virtual" checkbox.

http://forums.dolphin-emulator.com/showthread.php?tid=19897

there is also a nice gamepad config guide there, but it relies on older builds unfortunately. ive tried this myself, but could not stand it with a controller or mouse.
    it takes the whole fun of playing out of the game imo.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2012
  14. sounar

sounar Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080
    games like farcry2 and mirror edge still look great even though they are what... 3 years old already? Man the graphics barely improved at all since, disappointing

15. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    Thats because there arent any new consoles out there for companies to make new engines for

16. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    Ju-On

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    I just completed CoP a few months back, best one by far I think, story was a lot more coherent than SoC, I don't think I could go back to SoC, played it too many times, CS is the last one for me to play, then it'll all be over D:

18. Gromuhl'Djun

Gromuhl'Djun Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070ti
  19. Xanvast

Xanvast Guest

GPU:
    Titan X P 3 Way SLI
  20. sounar

sounar Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080
    yes ..but on the other hand..games that are released today are alot more demanding than what was required from hardware when farcry2 or mirror edge was released and are not particularly looking any better too except for a few exceptions

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.