NVIDIA GeForce 304.79 Beta Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by xavier2k5, Jul 3, 2012.

1. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    I've downloaded them, going to install them in a bit and see what happens. :) Worst case is I have to roll back to the set I'm currently using.

2. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    msi 4090
    BF3 bug I was referring to previously in thread.
    So ManuelG. Has this no been cleared up? Has this now been reported as a bug? Would like some feed back please.

3. szakh

szakh Guest

GPU:
    GTX980ti EVGA SC+@1501Mhz
    Am I the only one to think that the official NVidia forum has not reopened due to all the bad comments on their Drivers and/or GTX6xx serie (the stuttering issue...) they are hosting on their forum pages ?

As all the reviews about the GTX6xx are great it is far easier to close the only place where negative comments are polluting the GTX6xx promotional effort... The NVidia forum.

Then, about the card review, it seems like reviewers never really "play" with the card they are testing but only run demo and reads number... stuttering, no stuttering, they don't care... :( ... A bit like Dawnguard on X360 where reviews were available but game was still unplayable due to huge bugs ...

So, let's wait for a NVidia forum reopening as soon as this damned driver issues are solved :D...

4. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Well, if the cards were that buggy you'd read about the problems in all other forums too.

5. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    I think you're right, I've read it could be game crck fault that causes these drops, something about emulation..

Well i was a badboy and couldn't wait until i get my legit copy, and yes i was affected like that. Guilty as charged lol

btw, its better in retail version :)

6. psyside

psyside Master Guru

GPU:
    7950 @1150/6000
    SSAA yes :D

and generall maximum IQ as well :)

7. Bradders684

Bradders684 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti GAMING

8xMSAA using in game AA

[​IMG]

8xMSAA + 8xSGSSAA also using in game 8xMSAA

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I don't know why but you cant use "Override any application setting", if you do Batmans cape and certain shadows turn red.

Its been a while since i played the game but i am sure you could use the "Override any application setting", they may have change something with a patch, i know you could select 32xCSAA in game when it was first released, but SGSSAA seems to work with "Enhance the application setting" so who gives a **** :D

You can also use 4 or 2xSGSSAA to save FPS, what ever SGSSAA you use make sure you use same the MSAA, so 2xSGSSAA+2xMSAA or 4xSGSSAA+4xMSAA and finaly 8xSGSSAA+8xMSAA, change the in game MSAA to the same one you're using in NVIDIA Inspector.

4xOGSSAA (it says "4x4 Supersampling" in Nvidia Inspector) in game AA is off.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

"Override any application setting" works with OGSSAA,
    OGSSAA looks the best in my opinion but 4x4 Supersampling is 4x your monitors resolution, so 1920x1080 x 4 = 7680x4320 :eek:c: it is then downsampled to your monitors native resolution, you can also use 3x3 or 2x2 Supersampling to save FPS.

Sorry for the big screenshots guys. :)

8. psyside

psyside Master Guru

GPU:
    7950 @1150/6000
    Thanks alot!

Why u dont use DX11 + tess? to much performance hit?

can i do this for DX11?

9. Spets

Spets Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Dx11 is pretty broken in Batman AC

10. psyside

psyside Master Guru

GPU:
    7950 @1150/6000
    I'm missing that AA comparability flag anyway :(

11. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    DX11 should be all good now with the latest update, I believe it's phsyx thats the issue.

12. Spets

Spets Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    It should be but it's not. They only improved the frame drops and stutter.
    You're better off running the game without dx11.

13. psyside

psyside Master Guru

GPU:
    7950 @1150/6000
    Anyone can explain me why i miss the AA compatability flag in Nv inspector?

The one which Bradders use?

14. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Type it in.

15. psyside

psyside Master Guru

GPU:
    7950 @1150/6000
    Thanks it works that way?

BTW should i use negative LOD for OGSSAA? clamp or allow? if yes how much? thanks!

BTW your avatar makes me laugh so hard epic!! :bigsmile:

16. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Can't say for negative LOD as i dont touch it myself, I just use Clamp.

17. Bradders684

Bradders684 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti GAMING
    The "antialiasing compatibility flags" only work with DX9 i am afraid, you can however create a custom resolution and downsample your games (DX9/10/11), its the same as OGSSAA but it depends on your card and monitor, there is a guide how to do it here and here (its in german), i can only reach 3840x2160 with a 54hz refresh rate. :(
    You can use negative LOD for OGSSAA but as with SGSSAA it depends on how blurry the the textures are for you.

With SGSSAA the recomended negative LOD is -500 for 2xSGSSAA, -1000 for 4xSGSSAA and -1500 for 8xSGSSAA but it depends on the game, some games require less and some dont require any negative LOD at all, if you do use negative LOD though you will nead to have Negative LOD bias set to "Allow", you will loose a couple of FPS when using negative LOD so only use it if texture quality is important.

8xMSAA in game, Nvidia Inspector at default.

[​IMG]

8xMSAA ingame + 8xSGSSAA in Nvidia Inspector (no negative LOD)

[​IMG]

8xMSAA ingame + 8xSGSSAA in Nvidia Inspector ( -1500 negative LOD)

[​IMG]

Negative LOD bias does make a difference but you wil just have to experiment with it to fined the best results. :)

18. psyside

psyside Master Guru

GPU:
    7950 @1150/6000
    Thanks alot one more time for your help!

Is it a must to restart game after Inspector changes? and do i have to keep it open in order settings to stuck?

19. Bradders684

Bradders684 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti GAMING
    No the changes wont take effect if the game is already running, you can leave Nvidia Inspector open (that's what i do when i am testing different settings) choose your settings and click on "apply changes" a couple of times (just to make sure) and then launch the game, if you are not happy with the settings just close the game and change the settings in Nvidia Inspector and hit "apply changes" again and then relaunch the game.

Just keep repeating that untill you are happy with the settings, once you are happy with the settings you don't have to open Nvidia inspector again, what ever changes you make with Nvidia Inspector apply to the "Nvidia Control Panel" as well :)

Last edited: Aug 1, 2012
  20. rewt

rewt Guest

GPU:
    Yes
    For the most part, it shouldn't. Except for SGSSAA.