AMD Catalyst 12.7 (8.981.2.0 June 26) AMD Official BETA

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Jun 29, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Derko1

Derko1 Guest

GPU:
    2x1080s
    I tried the BIOS... but no matter what, I could not get control over voltage. I did experience all the fixes you mentioned though. Which are awesome... but I can't give up not being able to OC.

2. Ourasi

Ourasi Guest

GPU:
    MSI RX 480 Gaming X 8GB
    The voltage this GHZ bios puts out on my card, is 1107mv during GPU-Z rendertest, and that is higher then the old one, and enough to max my core at 1100-1125. Above that is not stable no matter the volts, so I'm in "luck", I can max my card at 1125/1800 without ever needing any OC apps at all, how sweet is that.... If the card did hit 1200-1300 stable 24/7, I might be in the same boat as you, but as it's not, I'm satisfied with finally having a working 7970, in all aspects, not only gaming..

3. Colt M4

Colt M4 Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX 970 SC Sli
    Yeah same here bios worked great with these drivers but no voltage control so i went back to my old bios and 12.4 until the voltage gets fixed.

4. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    I'm not really too sure what to say here. I highly doubt it, but I wonder if something funky happened since I left AB open when I flashed. Maybe it triggered something to work? Again I doubt it but, I didn't really do much else that would have caused it to "work". It just seemed to for me.

5. Falkentyne

Falkentyne Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970 Ghz Ed.
    If you had AB open and any sort of unofficial overclocking enabled, then you probably got rid of the 1000 mhz voltage (which isn't necessarily a bad thing). Although the "dll hack" unofficial overclocking I think got removed in one of the last two AB's as someone said the two dll file replacements no longer worked. But beats me....

I emailed Sapphire and they told me they are going to release a new Trixx to support the ghz cards.

BTW if it's not too much trouble,just in case I get bored and decide to boot to the secondary bios (assuming the bios switch is hot swappable), and try to reflash, can you tell me what version of AB you were running, were you using unofficial overclocking=1 or =2, and/or what DLL files you used (to make unofficial overclocking work?) Or even what afterburner menu/window you were on? (i'm a bit curious as to how you got the voltage linked to the overdrive/boost voltage).

@above post:
    The 0.949 voltage you saw is the 500 mhz voltage. The 300 mhz one is 0.850. :)

6. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Bugger it, im going to try the Ghz BIOS, i miss me 7970 :(

7. Xzibit

Xzibit Banned

GPU:
    7970 Windforce
    What's wrong with 670?:nerd:

8. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Nothing at all, great card, i just miss me 7970 :p

9. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Well the flash worked, 12.7's are now on, so lets see how she goes.

EDIT: Will test with the card at stock first i think.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2012
  10. CoMa666

CoMa666 Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3090 Fe
    Man can you please tell me when you tried it what card give to your better min fps in BF3 at same setting?
    Very thanks in advance;)

11. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Im playing Fear 2 at present, and so far so good, played a couple of hrs, and not had a single issue so far, so will give it a couple more days, and if still the same, ill reapply my OC, i don't have BF3, so can't say on that.

12. DSparil

DSparil Guest

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3080
    I just installed these drivers and although all seems well, on start-up I received this error message

[​IMG]

Is that major cause for concern? If so, how can I fix that?

13. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    That's the Video Transcoder which autostarts with Windows, guess it didn't install properly.

Either disable it with MsConfig/CCleaner or install the app from another set of drivers. It's in the AVT64 folder located in the driver package.

14. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Hmm, well thats a bit of a bugger, been fine past couple of days, been gaming for hrs no probs, just decided to watch a vid using WMP there, and not long into it, i get a yellow stripy sceen crash, 100% fan, so had to hard restart. :(

Might just leave it still, as i was crashing all the time before, so might have just been a one off with a bit of luck :p

Last edited: Jul 29, 2012
  15. Ourasi

Ourasi Guest

GPU:
    MSI RX 480 Gaming X 8GB
    Not had a single freeze 100% fan since flash, been using 12.6 whql the whole time.. I scrapped the 12.7 beta, since it used full3D clocks during video, causing high temps and noise levels..

16. Falkentyne

Falkentyne Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970 Ghz Ed.
    Did you disable hardware acceleration in adobe flash player? That's probably the infamous video bug if you got yellow lines. You can also just try using klite codec pack and media player classic. I Just tried watchinig some videos with media player classic, and the card never went out of 2d speeds (300/150) and almost 0% gpu utilization. Give that a try.

17. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Just tried the vid again that gave me the crash, and my card also stays at 2D clocks (300/150), and 0% utilization, even stayed the same when i tried it through VLC.

18. Falkentyne

Falkentyne Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970 Ghz Ed.
    What video (and type/extension) is this? I want to try it.

19. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Was just a .wmv

20. Colt M4

Colt M4 Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX 970 SC Sli
    I am not completely understanding you, did it crash or was it supposed to use the gpu?