Did anyone else Pre-order Skullgirls off of Origin?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Damage_Plan, Jul 25, 2012.

1. Damage_Plan

Damage_Plan Guest

GPU:
    Glalaxy GTX660 Ti GC 3GB
    I just recently bought a pre-order of SkullGirls for PC through the Origin client.
    did anyone else do this?

I personally cannot wait. I might even buy a arcade style button and joystick device just to play it!

BUT............
    Im sortof ticked because they dont specify when the release date is. I checked around, and from what I found, they said it will be released this month but since this month is coming to a close. I'm a bit worried and feel like I am left out :/ Anyone else feel my pain?

2. Damage_Plan

Damage_Plan Guest

GPU:
    Glalaxy GTX660 Ti GC 3GB
  3. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Why did you preorder a digital game?

4. Damage_Plan

Damage_Plan Guest

GPU:
    Glalaxy GTX660 Ti GC 3GB
    is that question supposed to imply something?

5. Damage_Plan

Damage_Plan Guest

GPU:
    Glalaxy GTX660 Ti GC 3GB
    forget i asked... your probably going to F***in troll me anyways or make fun of me for buying a digital preorder

6. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    you can edit your post instead of posting multiple times.

7. Damage_Plan

Damage_Plan Guest

GPU:
    Glalaxy GTX660 Ti GC 3GB
    I just want answers to the original questions of my OP.. is that too much to ask for???? Please? I thought that a place like GURU3d would be professional enough to help people with their issues and questions... .....instead i get a reply with a pointed undertone, and someone who is trying to tell me what im doing wrong without really helping me with my original issue and topic. thats really unproductive. sorry i bothered!

8. Nato.dbnz

Nato.dbnz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5870 Crossfire
    He's just implying that people generally pre-order physical copies so they receive them on release day rather than ordering on release day and having to wait a few more days for delivery. Pre-ordering a download is just kinda...pointless, unless you are receiving extra goodies for preordering. You'd be better off holding onto your money, earning a few cents of interest and buying it on release if you plan on downloading it.

I think that's what he implied.

9. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Yup and there's always the refund option.

10. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Not via Origin but I'm thinking of buying it from Gamersgate, not decided yet though I like these types of games. :)
    (I can always just register the key to Origin after that, probably have too.)

11. Damage_Plan

Damage_Plan Guest

GPU:
    Glalaxy GTX660 Ti GC 3GB
    thank your for being on topic.... did you happen to come across release date for Skullgirls PC? or are you in the dark like I? (does gamersgate have some insight?)

Also to clarify why I would pre-order for the other people who commented above: I simply have to convey that my motive in pre-ordering this game wasn't founded on the incentives of special bonus content (or lack thereof) it was simply because I wanted to make sure I payed for it while i was able to afford it.
    Im not as rich as some people, and because of this, if I waited for the release, I might not be able to afford it at that time. Until I can budget my money with a high efficiency, I have to do things with a quick trigger finger or i might not have the opportunity for another long a** while.

I went with a digital version of Skullgirls because I always wreck my CDs/DVDs (i am virtually a worst enemy of anything that has a scratchable or f**kupable surface.)
    the fact that there is no release date for the PC version only verifies that (A.) I shouldve researched the game's release date to see if there was one at all (B.) it might be some time before its actual release and the chances of it falling on a date in which I have no money to spend on a copy would be increased greatly with each passing day.

also did i mention that skullgirls pc is going to have cross platform play? I would love to beat the F***in Sh*t out of people on the PS3 or XBOX with my superior keyboard/ mouse and pc game controller skills. :p

Last edited: Jul 26, 2012
  12. Outrance

Outrance Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x HD6950 950Mhz/1350Mhz
    Good luck.

13. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Yeah it's going to have PS3 cross-platform play, it's not using LIVE either and unfortunately Gamersgate only has a vague "July 2012" release date and that's a estimated date and nothing official as far as I know at least.

14. HitokiriX

HitokiriX Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1070
    there hasn't been much news of the pc release since autumn games announced it in may they have facebook and twitter where people have been asking about the pc release no official replys on facebook one mention on twitter about it being released but no date give other than hopefully summer

15. Damage_Plan

Damage_Plan Guest

GPU:
    Glalaxy GTX660 Ti GC 3GB

"vague "july 2012" release"

*stares into space with a slightly slackened jaw, along with a sarcastic and resentful acceptance of the rather lax info*

16. fr33k

fr33k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4080 VENTUS OC
    no, not a single person other than you did that.
    happy now?