Looking for a new monitor

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by mp_3, Jul 23, 2012.

1. mp_3

mp_3 Guest

GPU:
    MSI N580GTX Twin Frozr II
    Greetings,

My current Samsung SyncMaster P2450 is living on its last days - Or so I think! It has been flickering from time to time and the menu suddenly opened and closed. Also, yesterday it suddenly smelled burned from the inside.

Since yesterday there haven't been any problems so what is wrong I do not know.

Anyway, just in case I would like to look for a new monitor and I was thinking of upgrading from 24" to 27".

I have been looking at the Samsung 27" SyncMaster SB550V LS27B550VS/EN.

What do you guys think?

2. lehtv

lehtv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    N/A
    Iiyama B2776HDS-1

I've got the B2712HDS and it's really nice for a TN panel and the stand is excellent. I like the professional matte finish also. So I'm eager to recommend their LED backlit version of the same monitor.

3. mp_3

mp_3 Guest

GPU:
    To be honest I am somekind of afraid moving to manufacturers that I don't know (or never heard of). I really like Samsung and their design. You may wanna call me a fanboy when it comes to this ;)

Back to the recommended monitor. I guess this is the monitor you are talking about? I see that the respons time is 8 ms which is too slow for me. Sorry I didn't mentioned it before, but my goal is 2 ms because of the gaming.

4. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    If money isn't an issue, look into some of the new 120Hz 27 inch monitors. Doing some research myself on them since I'll be getting one if I get a bit more cash together.

Currently it seems the Samsung is a bit better in IQ and the ASUS is better in terms of input lag.

5. mp_3

mp_3 Guest

GPU:
    What have you come up with doing your research?