Battlefield 3 (Official Thread) Pt. 3

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by aircool, Apr 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ouzo

Ouzo Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1080Ti Gaming X
    THIS!

I've played 2 days a row in team, which doesn't play that well together. It takes about 10 minutes for the opponent to have complete dominance with vehicles, and after that, there's basically nothing you can do alone anymore :/

2. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    @pr: If the available vehicles scaled up and down with the number of players on the server, if there was a much longer respawn delay for vehicles and maybe even some sort of limitation on their usage (who uses them, how are they used) it might work out, yes.
    I've never seen a full server full of good players though that only had victory of their team in mind.
    The unlock system made this even worse, far worse to be exact.
    Balance worked out nicely for me in some few situations on some few maps and game modes, most of the time though it was really bad.
    As I said before, I'd want a game and match to be fun for everyone. In BF3 it typically felt like you were either hunter or prey and even though this can be entertaining for a while, it gets either boring or frustrating on the long run.
    I don't even want to get started talking about cheaters, glitchers and bug abusers.

3. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Played some BF3 on a friends PC, he has Premium so I was interested in trying out the new maps... and... there were no Close Quarters servers running for Australia...

That makes me so pumped to go buy Premium right now =_=

Last edited: Jul 17, 2012
  4. Mr_Alexander

Mr_Alexander Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GYGABYTE 3080ti
    Hey guys.
    Do we have some Guru3D jet pilots pros here?
    Maybe you van give me some tips. Lately I am trying to become a good jet pilot and I think I went from beginner to average pilot now... but.
    I tried to watch a lot of youtube videos and tutorials about jets and I do exactly what they recommend but there is something I do not understand. When I play I ran across sometimes people who can do almost 180 degrees turn on the spot and go into my tale right away. Sometimes it is the opposite I go behind them from a distance but the moment they notice me they loose me momentarily very fast turn and they behind me.
    How they do it i cannot figure out.
    Any thoughts?

5. gamerk2

gamerk2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 570 GTX 1.2 GB
    First off, remember turn radius is a function of airspeed. The slower you go, the tighter you turn.

Secondly, most pilots, when evading, do two maneuvers. I typically roll up and to the right [to kill airspeed], then down and left [very tight turn that the enemy can't follow]. From there, I know I'll win a turn war. I'll also do a half
    (or even quarter) loop, knowing the other guy will follow all the way through

6. Mr_Alexander

Mr_Alexander Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GYGABYTE 3080ti
    Sounds very similar to what I experienced in the game. Did you buy any chance record video with your maneuvers? If you did can you provide me with the link. I really want to see it.
    Thanks for your reply.

7. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Watching a mate play BF3 and he was getting killed by this.

[​IMG]

The T-UGS sensor.

8. PR-0927

PR-0927 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 680 SC+

I only play 64-player maps, so it's scaled fairly well for me. And I'm very picky about my servers. I've found that Reddit servers and the Mordor server (those folks from the EA UK Forums) are phenomenal with REAL Battlefield players who care about teamwork.

Lot of inspiring Battlefield moments on those servers.

UAN servers aren't bad either, but can be hit-or-miss.

I also only try to join servers with both teams doing about the same in conquest mode.

- PR-0927

9. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    I'm sure it makes sense to play that way.
    I typically played this with friends so we either had a server picked already (by the one who was there first) or we had to find one to take around 5-10 people at once.
    Most of us felt the 64-player servers were too chaotic and overfilled so we normalled sticked to 48 max, which by no doubt (looking at it afterwards) threw off the balance between infantry and vehicles. As most servers have instant vehicle respawn it only made the situation worse.
    I didn't like it at first but after seeing all this I think Treyarch did the right thing when they fixed some server options in Black Ops. Respawn delay, playtime or planting/defusing times massively affect balance.

10. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    My main problem with this game since getting it is I just feel like I'm on my own against an entire enemy team. I have yet to find a server with vehicles where there's any actual team work going on.

11. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Finally found a close quarters server... Gun Master is crazy...

12. nonymous666

nonymous666 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Founders
    I think the balance is fine on servers that haven't mucked with the default respawn times. But so many servers are now running "instant vehicle respawn" or "fast vehicle respawn" that, yeah, it completely kills the balance.

Seems like every 30 seconds, another tank or LAV is rolling into your area and creating havoc. You spend so much time trying to fend off the constant vehicles, that you don't even have time to try and cap flags.

I find it really frustrating since the majority of the servers, at least those that I can get decent pings on, are running with spawn times like like this. :bang:

13. nonymous666

nonymous666 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Founders
    +1.

One of the nice additions to battlelog is letting you see how the two teams are doing against each other before you join.

If I see one team is drastically losing to the other team, then I usually won't join. Otherwise, you either 1) end up on the losing team which has maybe one no flags and, often, doesn't even seem to care, or 2) you end up on a winning which has all the flags and you just stand around doing nothing since the other team is stuck in the base.

14. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX

I can hardly find any to use guided shells in the armor when i designate the whole army we are fighting against.i can understand that you may not have that kit but you can change on next respawn.

I still cant believe that you get teamates that are in armor and let a close base get capped so then can level and rape infantry without attacking or defending the base.
    then its you getting the darn base back and they hog the armor?
    I get to the point that i am shooting rockets into my own armor i'm so pissed.
    I mean jeez if your on wake and the airport goes get it back or if your us and get the airport keep it dont lay back past the hangers and basecamp

15. DF-1

DF-1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA gtx 580
    I really, REALLY hate team "balance"

play on one of those high ticket servers.. because thats the only kind of server people are running these days...

be the rounds MVP out of 64 players.

game switches you out in the last 5% of the game to the team you just dominated. says "you were last to join, hurr durr"

WHY? someone tell me.

they need to add the feature team scramble so teams that do 1000-0 don't continue like that, but this balance crap is starting to piss me off, so much that I simply won't bother with their next game.

16. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Being on a team filled with low ranked players and fighting against a team of very high ranked players . . That is . . . annoying.

Although it is extremely satisfying taking the dogtags from the highest scoring enemy.

17. DF-1

DF-1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA gtx 580
    the game is down now, updates apparently...

18. Ouzo

Ouzo Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1080Ti Gaming X
    Forget it, misread :D

Only problem with scrambling teams is, it doesn't into account battlelog groups. I got separated from my friends on one server.

19. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Yes, that'd be the no.1 reason they shouldn't "randomize" the teams even if one was dominating. I don't have a better solution as the problem then still persists.
    It's just what PR was talking about and I think, as this game features so many player slots, needs just as many good players to be fun.
    The system doesn't work well in any other way.

20. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    msi 4090
    Just a little tip to help some of you guys out. If your like me, when you press 1 on the keyboard you sometimes hit the console button without noticing and then end up just spelling out WASD F and G all over the screen!

Use this link and either download Sharpkeys to disable the console key or Auto hot key to move the key. I have just used Sharpkeys to disable it.

http://www.randyrants.com/sharpkeys/

Awesome

EDIT: Unless someone else knows of a better way so that I don't have to disable the button in Windows and just for BF3?

Last edited: Jul 19, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.