AMD Catalyst 12.7 (8.981.2.0 June 26) AMD Official BETA

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Jun 29, 2012.

Tags:
  1. kidsafe

kidsafe Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970 3GB
    Saying its a motherboard BIOS issue completely skirts any type of logic and I wish people would stop bleating about it like sheep. PCIe/PCI power on, VCCIO, etc. have nothing to do with it. For the most part power states and all but the lowest level PCIe communication is handled at the OS/driver level.

This is 100% a driver issue, so stop telling people to update their BIOS/UEFI firmwares.

2. Colt M4

Colt M4 Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX 970 SC Sli
    yeah 12.4 run perfectly can run my fav oc at 1200/1825 run 12.6, 12.7 crash grey stripes alt tab crash black screen. Its AMD, this is my first AMD card after a 8800, 260, and 570, and possibly my last at this rate they need to get their act together

3. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    sorry, i disagree.

when the 6900 series came out, it the same sleep issues.

ONLY a bios update fixed it. Not drivers.

and plenty of people have fixed it with the 7900 series by doing what you mentioned.

others have not.

4. Colt M4

Colt M4 Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX 970 SC Sli
    ok so why aren't there more bios updates? I went to go look on asus website cause i thought maybe that was my problem not my overclock which works on 12.4 perfectly fine. And guess what last bios 5/22 well before these drivers came out. I may not be having close to what some of these guys are having guy my card runs 100% perfect on 12.4 just no hdmi audio but it would be nice to have the 12.7 performance. Cause i saw how much quicker they were in bf3, dirt 3 and 3dmark.

5. kidsafe

kidsafe Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970 3GB
    This is an HD 79xx specific issue is it not? It wasn't an issue until 12.6 Beta and onward, right? Previous drivers did not exhibit the black/gray screen issue with any combination of motherboard and BIOS version, right?

I've tried changing PCIe/PCI power-on settings, VCCIO, etc. I've even tried a fully default profile plus VCCIO at 1.1V. I've checked every day for a new Asus P67 BIOS/UEFI update. My HD 7970 was working just fine for the most part before the new driver release.

It's shocking to me how so many people on this forum can know so little about hardware/software.

6. Immu

Immu Guest

GPU:
    2x4GB 1600MHz G.Skill
    Been using GHz bios on my reference 7970 for a week now and haven`t had even a single gray screen lockup, before I was getting them daily. Finally being able to use newer drivers.

7. CoMa666

CoMa666 Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3090 Fe
    how i can set power on for pci-e?
    It's related to pci-e wake up?
    Can someone explain me how to make works this drivers? i really like them but they give to me crash with stripes...
    Thanks;)

8. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Yeah started for me with the 12.6 BETAs, last drivers i could use were the April 18th 12.5 BETAs, my card was running rock solid 100% stable on this board for over 6 months, on every driver prior to 12.6 BETA, now it won't work, unless i stayed on those 12.5's, or bought a new board (and possibly CPU, Ram etc...), so its obviously their drivers that are the cause, not motherboards as they are trying to say, as as i said, my card wouldn't have worked on this board from day 1 if it wasn't compatible, should have been crashing, black screening, 100% fanning straight away, can't just suddenly start doing it 6+ months later, on a newer driver that they must have made some change to, my ass its a motherboard problem.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2012
  9. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    i never said drivers werent part of the problem.

Something they have fundementally changed within the drivers is causing hardware incompatibilities.

AMD has even said so, as have a few mobo makers.

Since the drivers are closed source, you certainly cant change them. and you dont have a properly working driver, there is no harm in fiddling with some settings.

The PCie wake setting are in your BIOS. Yes they are the same as power on for pcie.

What i find shocking is how quickly people are to stubbornly point the finger at one specific solution and not explore all options. It smacks of poor troubleshooting skills, and limited experience.

If the solution works, its irrelevant what the underlying cause is.

10. defcoms

defcoms Guest

GPU:
    MSI-7970ghz Bios Trifire
    Driver issue IMO. No crashes 12.4 back. Load up 12.6/7 and crash within a few hrs.

I updated to the ghz edtion bios yesterday on my MSI reference boards and loaded up the 12.7 beta drivers and caps and gamed all night without a single crash running crossfire/eyefinty. Normally on the 12.7 I would crash within a few hrs of gaming.

I think the issue is with stuff they added to the drivers for the ghz edtion cards. Will post back if I get any crashes.

Edit: Im not suggesting you flash your bios just stating my findings.

11. CoMa666

CoMa666 Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3090 Fe
    Can i flash the GHZ edition bios on a shapphire OC dual-x?
    Where i can find the bios?
    thanks in advance

12. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    some people have had some luck, but im not sure its worth the effort.

you can just use CCC to overclock to the same level, and it increases core voltage and power usage in 3d mode.

here is a thread will some info:

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1704287

13. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    I troubleshooted and nothing worked, so i got a 670.

14. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    as i said, it works for some people, not for others.

I don't have the issue myself, the only issue ive had is with SOSE:Rebellion doing GPU resets when clocked down into 2d mode.

But ive had that issue with SOSE since insurrection, and its a common problem with that outdated single threaded graphics engine.

15. Colt M4

Colt M4 Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX 970 SC Sli
    Another P67 user like me. So i guess most motherboard manufactors think p67 are to old. this is just stupid AMD rendered sandy bridges useless for some of us

16. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    Im sure Asus is working on a newer bios, 3302 is pretty recent.

not that it will fix anything.

lol

17. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    I just installed these drivers and noticed my CFX setup is messed up now. The first card shows the correct stock clocks and OC limits as a 6970, but the second gpu shows lower clocks and limits as a 6950!

Both clocks were working perfectly and now I cannot set my second gpu to the same clock speed as the first gpu.

How can I fix this? or do I need to roll back the driver? Was working perfectly in 12.4/12.5 but not sure of 12.6 and just confirmed 12.7 beta is wrong.

18. ArtemB1988

ArtemB1988 Guest

GPU:
    Radeon R7 Series
    From CatalystCreator: FYI - Next official Catalyst release is planned for August; Skyrim HUD will be fixed, Dirt Showdown 8 track is fixed; among others

19. ipredator

ipredator Guest

GPU:
    Quadro K5000M
    Thanks for the headsup!
    Nonetheless I'm waiting for a new beta. This driver did not change anything in Skyrim for me at all, but at this rate I gave up on AMD. Simply want some performance boosts on Max Payne 3.

20. Falkentyne

Falkentyne Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970 Ghz Ed.
    So where do you get the ghz edition Bios? (and since Bios editing isn't possible ATM, I need a Bios with 1.175 vGPU voltage). Is that even available on ghz editions?