RadeonPro and Ati Tray Tools not working

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Paymh, Jul 17, 2012.

1. Paymh

Paymh Guest

GPU:
    6950 Direct CU II
    Hi, so i decided to try out RadeonPro and ATT to lower the texture lod in games for more visibility etc but neither are working. Question 1 relates to RadeonPro and 2 relates to ATT.

1)
    So i installed RadeonPro and loaded it up, the first thing that pops up is SMB in the title window. Invalid Video Adapter: ASUS EAH6950 series. I click ok and it continues to load, but changing settings has no effect on games at all, even when profiles are created. I'm unsure if it is my gpu as I have read it uses non stock internal components. So my question is, is the reason of not being able to detect my gpu correctly preventing the program to work and how do i fix it?

2)

Before i tryed RadeonPro i did give ATT a go. It did work for a few minutes on skyrim and tf2, but once i closed the games down it stopped working, even after complete reinstalls it still doesnt change the texture lod, following what i believe are the same steps i took before. Any reasons why it doesnt work?

I would rather get RadeonPro working as it seems it allows as Texture LOD of 30 rather than 10, but if anybody knows how to fix either i would be greatly happy :)

2. Mikedogg

Mikedogg Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD 4650M 1GB
    Have you tried running them as "Administrator"?

3. Paymh

Paymh Guest

GPU:
    6950 Direct CU II
    Yer no go, should i try running the installer with admin rights?

4. Mikedogg

Mikedogg Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD 4650M 1GB
    Not sure about Radian Pro, but I think for Ati tray tools you need a signed driver version for windows 7 x64.

5. Paymh

Paymh Guest

GPU:
    6950 Direct CU II
    How do i go about doing that? Could me running test mode windows affect this (i use sandboxie)

I used these commands are these the correct ones?

bcdedit -set loadoptions DISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS

bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING ON

EDIT EDIT:

Actually now that i think about it, at some stage inbetween when it was worknig and stopped working AVG picked it up a ATT file in the temp folder as a trojan i told AVG to ignore it, but it stopped working after that, what files should be running whilst ATT is opened, when its open only atitools.exe is running but i noticed previously another file was open attdrv64.exe but doesnt open anymore.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2012
  6. perosmct

perosmct Banned

GPU:
    unknown
    No one needs them...learn to use what you've got i mean ccc...

That's why amd should not notice what you say about driver problem...

You are always opposite to any feature amd provides you................................

7. Paymh

Paymh Guest

GPU:
    6950 Direct CU II
    I dont understand what you said and how this helps? CCC provides a way to make your textures flat like RadeonPro and ATT allows you? If so plz show me

8. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    Try to reinstall Radeon Pro with admin rights and run it with admin rights. Thats what I do on Windows 7 64.

9. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    ?

im not sure what you are saying

however, there are many features of radeon that are not available in CCC.

D3D Tripple buffering, core afinity, and OSD features for example.