NVIDIA GeForce 304.79 Beta Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by xavier2k5, Jul 3, 2012.

1. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Welcome to the other side lol :grin:

2. 1stcowgirl

1stcowgirl Guest

GPU:
    GTX 780Ti DCIIOC
    What The Hack.....?

Tuesday? .......This week..!?
    Where Do Ya Live My Friend?
    Isent it,(Right Now,) Wed' ?...... (where I stand its wed' 20:10PM)
    so..........

What The Hack.....?

3. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Thanks, with AMD making my motherboard not compatible with their cards anymore, it had to be done. :D

4. dakotablues1

dakotablues1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580 SC 3gb.
    Previously posted fps gains for Crysis 2 & Stalker:CoP Have had Crysis 2 lock as well as long loads for STALKER.. clean sweep & reinstall of 304.48 and no more freezes... will wait for next release I guess

5. calderes

calderes Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX680 2Gb +170/+500
    Witcher 2 EE (3.2) is VERY choppy. Even on lower settings and at 60 fps it stutters horribly. I only have one GPU. The Enhanced edition was running very well for me with the 301 certified drivers. Now it is very bad.

*EDIT* checked with 301.42 which had better performance (5-10fps in places that would dip only 1-7fps) and no stuttering. Reinstalled 304.79 again worse performance and stuttering.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2012
  6. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Is that issue a single GPU thing then because I loaded my save game up for v3.2.1 from my second playthrough, which is just outside the temple on the first chapter, and I didn't notice any stuttering.

7. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    how is the performance with ubersampling on ? is one 680gtx sufficient for 60fps vsynced?

8. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    With GTX 680 SLI at 1920x1200 maxed settings, the game is actually pretty playable with Ubersampling running at between 45 and 60 fps with v-sync and triple buffering enabled, at least from using it from the start of a fresh game to the temple level in the first chapter. However, the game does still drop to 25 fps momentarily at times which I found distracting and since Ubersampling doesn't offer substantially better anti-aliasing IMO for the performance hit I've gone back to leaving it disabled.

I think I did test Ubersampling with one GTX 680 and the game was playable at around 30-40 fps with the same performance drops from time to time. Personally, I do think Ubersampling is worth it; you'd be better off using FXAA or a SMAA injector IMO.

9. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    I dunno if this is a Driver issue.

But i was just playing Skyrim and got a small freeze of like 1 second and after that my card was only running in 2D Mode. So i thought id restart Skyrim, but the card refuses to go in 3D Mode now : /

Anyone got experience with this?

10. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    When I had a single GTX 680 back in March, I was experimenting with the Core/Mem Offsets and had Performance set to the default of Adaptive in the NVIDIA control panel's Global profile. When I ran Skyrim the core clock was running at 705 MHz although the framerate was still 60 fps anyway so I suppose that is how it is meant to work. I did experience one occasion though where the core clock 'stuck' at 705 MHz and would not budge, even when I restarted Windows. I eventually fixed it by powering down.

That is the only time I've seen this issue though but I now have Performance set to "Prefer maximum performance" in the Global profile so that may be why, i.e. it could have been a glitch with the Adaptive setting.

11. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    The Skyrim profile was set to Maximum Performance, i did OC a little tho.

120 Power Target
    +75 Core
    +150 Memory

Which isn't really anything serious. Then again i have a 4GB Card which might react differently to these settings. I reset Afterburner and rebooted the system, it's working again now.

I also noticed that at the time the 2D clock happend the GPU spiked at 99% Load. It's probably related to OC.

12. buddyfriendo

buddyfriendo Guest

GPU:
    2070 Super
    A hack for what now?

13. NeoandGeo

NeoandGeo Guest

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 970 @1420
    With the last couple drivers I have noticed that Aero performance is questionable. Minimizing windows and browsers is slightly choppy compared to my laptop with Intel Extreme graphics. Maybe just me?

14. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    Why when using Vsync from nvidia panel to Adaptive or On - in the new Ghost Recon the game is loading slow, playing slow, and the mouse is lagging alot like after i move it on real it move like after 100+ minimum on screen.

15. calderes

calderes Guest

GPU:

In regards to previous drivers - 301 certified for example - I am 99% sure that there are two bugs in the witcher 2 ini files. If you change anything away from the presets then the resulting custom settings use user.ini (I think it is user.ini I'm at work right now). This user.ini has more lines in the graphics settings than the presets do (again I'm at work right now but I think it was something like refreshrate *edit* it is AspectRatio=1 this is absent in the preset ini's) There is a similar problem with the Uber.ini preset as it has I think one fewer entry *edit* it is missing AllowDecals=1). I was able to modify the high.ini preset so that it used way more vram, had further LOD AND used Ubersampling and I got 60 fps *edit* - it appears my ubersampling said it was enabled but was not - now my fps goes from 60 to 20 with 304.79 and is similar with 301.42.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2012

16. NeoandGeo

NeoandGeo Guest

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 970 @1420
    Something happened and Uber wasn't working properly with your manual edits. There is no way you can get 55-60fps with one 680 unless you are running 800x600 or something absurd like that.

17. calderes

calderes Guest

GPU:
    Definately @ 1080 resolution. However...
    As far as I understand, getting 55-60fps with all settings maxed minus ubersampling during the kraken fight is also not typical - so regardless of whether or not ubersampling was working - I still feel confident that the ini was broken - the way I discoverd this was to look at a certain tree outside flotsam which was dropping my fps 20-30 frames although at all other times it was 60. After fixing the ini by modding the preset ini files I eliminated these unexplainable fps drops.

I'll have to provide screens and maybe start a new thread so we don't hijack this one =) I'll be home from work in a few hours

Last edited: Jul 12, 2012
  18. kens30

kens30 Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 GAMING OC
    Don't know if this was mentioned haven't read all pages but so far the only issue i am having is in win 7 64 in power saver mode when the pc is idle it wont go to sleep with these drivers, on last whql this isn't an issue.

19. 1stcowgirl

1stcowgirl Guest

GPU:
    GTX 780Ti DCIIOC
    Ok, so NV Finaly Told us that some "3rd party" Aliens had hacked the forum and all our password were out in the open.
    -
    oh man....
    so what if we bought somthing through the site?
    -
    and this latest BETA.....
    It was amazing for 48hours, after that i had the FPS drops on my desktop.
    back to 296.10.
    -
    Question:
    i understud that the 300 drivers were actualy Built for the GTX600 Family,
    so i ask if these 300drivers going to produce anything good for my GTX460?

20. Spets

Spets Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    There's been performance increases throughout the drivers for the 460 included.