Would you call back a girl you just met ?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by sounar, Jul 11, 2012.

1. sounar

sounar Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080
    so my question is kinda a silly one... but here goes...I did an custom kitchen installation recently for a client with my brother we work together...throughout the day the husband and the wife were home doing mostly their own thing..we ended up staying really late almost 10:00pm before we finished..an hour before we leave their daughter(pretty cute girl!) drives back home and before she enters the house she sees me outside and acknowledges me with " Hi! How are you doing?" i do the same but the conversation doesn't last as it is an awkward moment and she enters the house as i reply back to her.. well now 30 minutes later im about done cleaning up after ourselves from the installation and i enter one more time to make sure i had not forgotten any tools...as im checking through the cabinets she goes to other side of the kitchen and she assumes to be opening the cabinets drawers herself through them....than all of the sudden she comes up closer to me and initiates another conversation "asking me all kinds of questions and as well she was curious if i was related to other man with me..i tell her it is actually my brother...at first she says she cant believe it ...replying with i thought he was your father..lol...i reply with, well, no actually there is a ten year difference between me and my brother....than she replies back in a flirty kinda way that i look alot younger with her hand to her mouth like she is pretending to whisper, and i felt at that moment she was interested in me...and at that moment her parents walked into the room as with my brother and any chance of getting her number seemed lost for me at that moment. My brother says goodbye to them as do I and thank them for the their hospitality, as they were really nice people, fed us lunch and dinner while we were there, even offered us bear..hahaha

I told my brother as we were driving away and he gave me her home number..which undoubtedly im sure her parents will pick up the phone most likely...so my question is would you still call having to first speak to the parents first and asking for her on the line as they may first reply with who's asking?

2. Goutan

Goutan Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti
    Mmm tough situation. Unfortunately, the number was acquired in a professional situation. Given that, I wouldn't call her on the home phone. You don't want to jeopardize the integrity of the business.

However, depending on the project, you may be able to call for a follow-up to confirm that everything dried/settled alright. This could provide you another opportunity to meet the girl. I would make sure not to be overly forward though.

3. -Ruin-

-Ruin- Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 1060 6GB
    Where are the...

[​IMG]

Hey, I just met you, And this is crazy, But here's my number, So call me, maybe?

4. Chouji

Chouji Guest

GPU:
    19 inch flat screen
    Oh you got a tough one.
    If you've already been paid, then you got nothing to lose.
    If you like her, go for it.

Now then, through that whole story what caught my attention the most.. They offered you a bear.
    If the daughter is a no go, i'd look into that bear if i were you.
    Especially if it's a cute bear.

Edit: Goutan got to it before me.
    Yeah you can do a follow up, make sure everything is good. And maybe get the number then.

5. Palerider

Palerider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS X1950XTX
    LMAO. I read the title

"Would you call a BLACK girl you just met"

On topic: If the girl is living with her parents, and you're a working man, wouldn't there be a high probability of her just being hot jail bait?

between that and looking unprofessional, I'd just let it go.

6. silapakorn

silapakorn Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX980 SC 4GB
    If she's cute then go for it. Don't let this go to waste.

7. sounar

sounar Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080
    lol.......i sincerely apologize for my poor grammar skills..it is super late as i just got home from that installation...and the only thing i am currently thinking about is sleep, and the girl i just met..lol.. I am still learning the trade from my brother so I wont be doing any confirmation calls myself anyway..

"Would you call a BLACK girl you just met" i would never name a thread as such..lol

No im not 40 as some people may think..im in my 20's and im assuming she is as well in that age range..its just the confrontation with her parents on the phone that scares me..

8. FULMTL

FULMTL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AOC 27"
    If her parents were friendly towards you and your brother, then I would say they give their approval. Unless he had rifles and deer trophies in the living room, then stay away!

9. Speed Weed

Speed Weed Guest

GPU:
    GTX 260+
    Depends on whether I was wearing beer goggles at the time I met her, I guess! ;)

10. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Go for it! and if you want to be extra cautious then just ask her parents if it's ok with them, I'm sure that they'll be surprised but appreciate you being upfront about it.

11. sounar

sounar Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080
    nah... no rifles...but the family is quite wealthy :)

12. Speed Weed

Speed Weed Guest

GPU:
    GTX 260+
    What the hell are you dragging your feet for, sounar?
    Get in there, before someone else does! :)

13. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Shes keen dude, go get some:banana:

14. sounar

sounar Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080
    so what do i reply with folks if her parents ask me who this is or who is asking for her ??

15. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Just say who you are - the guy that installed their kitchen, like i said may as well be honest about it as it's not illegal to ask out a client is it (your not a doctor asking out a patient after all).

16. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    Just say you and their daughter had a good conversation while you were working and that there's a lack of it in this day and age. Spin it as a friendly gesture.

17. Mikedogg

Mikedogg Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD 4650M 1GB
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2012
  18. mrkrinkle

mrkrinkle Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA gtx 580
    ^This, and when her folks answer just say who you are and that you want to ask their daughter out for some respectable sounding sort of date. It will only be akward if she turns out to be under-age.

19. Sash

Sash Ancient Guru

GPU:
    video
    You racist bastard :p

For op: *SPAM* a client can end up bad, i say wait a few weeks until after you finished the project and try your luck then

20. Ronin

Ronin Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX560 Superclocked
    Sounds like she wants a threesome with you and your brother ;-)