DayZ

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by korn666, May 16, 2012.

1. BigBlockTowncar

BigBlockTowncar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX970 SC
    I was killed last night by the small airfield. When I respawned I found about 5 other random players who were in the same area as myself.

People are basically friendly if no one has any good equipment. One had a revolver and another guy had a shotgun but other than those two, the rest of us had nothing or just a hatchet--everyone was friendly.

From now on, once I get a gun, I am treating everybody else as hostile unless I am playing with one of my friends....I have not encountered anyone else in the game who is not hostile who has decent equipment.

2. Stukov

Stukov Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6970/4870X2 (both dead)
    Can't wait for my downloads to finish, this is the game I've wanted to make for like 5 years.

3. Uncle Dude

Uncle Dude Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Sad to say, but I agree. As I've said before, I've not met a single player who hasn't shot at me. I've adopted a "shoot first" policy, but only if a player is in my space. I don't player-hunt.

I just gifted my brother the game, and I can't wait to show him the ropes and get some co-op action going. It'll definitely bring about a change of gameplay style. He says his buddy is interested too - might end up with a mini-crew before we're done. :)

On a side note: I really miss the side chat.

4. Stukov

Stukov Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6970/4870X2 (both dead)
    Well if I can ever get AO and the patches done downloading, I wouldn't mind joining your crew as I will be 100% noob.

5. MainframeTM

MainframeTM Member Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX Titan 6144MB
    Heck I'd be interested in joining up too. So far I've tried to be a shadow while playing. Not be seen by anyone or heard for fear I'm gonna get ganked. right now I'm in a church and can't get out due to feebs putting barbwire across the doorway. When I first went in it was open. I looted and logged out for the night. Now everytime I log in the wire is still there and I set about to looting..heck can't do much else. Last night I logged in and out 5 times and on each server I logged into I had to deal with the barbwire. It's kinda getting stupid b/c I feel like I"m hogging all the loot..but @ the same time with the wire no one could get in anyway I suppose. However I've gotten pretty geared up thou only found a pistol, but also a alice pack, 2 water bottles and alot of food/meds. Now just gotta get out of there and back into the woods without getting shot in the back.

6. The Janitor

The Janitor Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 3080 Ti
    Mogilevka is a great place to look for helicrashes, found maybe 4 choppers so far.

Found a M249 with 400 rounds, and a weird rifle with thermal vision. Sadly it disappeared from my backpack though :/

7. The Janitor

The Janitor Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 3080 Ti
    Goddamnit, I accidentally hit the respawn button. There really needs to be "are you sure" prompt first :(

8. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Seems like a vicious circle to me.

(waiting on arma 2 being on some steam sale, but i'm not sure it will seeing the massive resurgence in popularity of it)

9. Uncle Dude

Uncle Dude Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Yup, sure is. Still, after dozens of hours of play, I have 0 murders. Avoidance is the way to go, if possible.

PsiSyndicate is doing a livestream right now. This guy is generally pretty entertaining:

http://www.twitch.tv/PsiSyndicate

10. gridiron whirlw

gridiron whirlw Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070Ti
    :wanker:

11. Uncle Dude

Uncle Dude Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Note to self: Check your surroundings before you alt-tab out to check the map, otherwise you may be killed.

12. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    I love Hunting at night

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and having a camp fire sing song :3

13. Stukov

Stukov Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6970/4870X2 (both dead)
    Noob is ready and playing, if someone wouldnt mind showing me around let me know where we can meet.

14. Uncle Dude

Uncle Dude Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I'll probably be on this evening. I'll post up when I do.

15. Stukov

Stukov Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6970/4870X2 (both dead)
    Eff this game.

16. Uncle Dude

Uncle Dude Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Wassamatta?

17. DF-1

DF-1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA gtx 580
    Just played with a friend. we got split up and i was trying to find him.

this was on a server with no playernames when you mouse over them.

I see someone running around, I ask my friend if thats him, he says "ok ill prone" and so does the guy infront of me.. so i figure thats him...

all of a sudden he says "oh i found a deer stand"... and I wasn't close to any deer stands within 3 miles..

apparently it was some random guy, he eventually proned and i think logged out, good thing he didnt shoot me

18. Stukov

Stukov Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6970/4870X2 (both dead)
    Effing zombie hit me and broke my leg, now im out int he middle of nowhere and have to get to a hospital. Please tell me someone on here can login to the same server of me sometime and fix this cuz its going to take 20 days to crawl back to the nearest hospital.

19. Uncle Dude

Uncle Dude Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I'd help you, Stukov, but I died yesterday.

My nephew was over, and I wanted to show him the game, so I spawned anew, hit the Bolota airfield, and promptly found an M9 pistol and silenced MP5 smg with 5 (!) magazines. I was so stoked, as I've never had either of these weapons. Just as I was about to leave the atc tower, I heard automatic weapon fire. I decided to make a run for it and threw open the doors to find a field of aggro'd zombies (presumably by the automatic fire of the other player in the area). I sprinted through them, picking up three along the way, found my way into the woods and wasted them. I never saw the player, as it was almost dark and I was focused on getting the hell out of there with my new toys. It was almost completely dark at this point, so i found a nice pine, went prone and logged out.

I joined a daylight server and ran around for a while, showing my nephew where to find different types of loot. The one thing I never did find was water/soda. My thirst meter was red and I was once again near the Bolota Airfield, so I figured I'd take my chances. Nothing in the tower, and as I exited hangar #1, I saw a player exiting #2 with nothing in his hands. Just then, I heard "friendly, friendly, friendly" over voice comms and ducked back into #1, while the player spun around and ran back. Thinking he was a gear-less new spawn, I typed back "friendly". Shortly thereafter, He comes running into my hangar with a zombie on his tail. I figured I'd help him out and shot it. Well, you can guess the rest of the tale: headshot; I'm dead.

So, in dozens of hours of play, I still haven't encountered a single friendly player. This was, however, the first to flat-out lie about his intentions. I'm not sure when the shoot-on-sight mentality is going to kick in, but I hope it's soon. Still...good times. :)

20. Stukov

Stukov Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6970/4870X2 (both dead)
    I literally crawled from the deer stand south of msta, to the hospital in elektro and not in a straight line as I cant see for **** crawling. Got my **** fixed, now headed back up to rog and I'm on my way out to find some cows/boars to eat. My weekend is done now, but if you play mornings at all saturday/sunday I'll be around and I can help you start out again if you find an unpopulated server and meet me north of elektro somewhere.